Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

The three cabellero boat thing becomes an E-ticket thrill ride the second time around right?

Christmas 2015 - our little friend (she was 7) made us all ride it four times in a row because it was "phenomenal" and at that time was her favorite ride of the trip.

Awwwww that's adorable......I guess until it's not.
(man, that basically describes 90% of being a mom)

Hahaha. So it isn't just us. For my sons 7th birthday we did star tours seven times. My husband gave up after the third ride and I wound up going on all seven times. Ah. What we do for our kids!

Hahaha. So it isn't just us. For my sons 7th birthday we did star tours seven times. My husband gave up after the third ride and I wound up going on all seven times. Ah. What we do for our kids!

The husband and I don't have kids, so I'm lucky that I get to share fun trips and first times at Disney with my favorite Littles - I've gone with four of them so far, and have trips with another three coming in 2018 - but MAN, I do look forward to my short kid-free breaks away from riding their favorite rides four or more times. :rotfl2:

I might have missed it earlier in the thread, but as the 1/2 no longer indicates Epcot as the location like it once did, have there been any rumors/thoughts on how the course might be changing this year?

I might have missed it earlier in the thread, but as the 1/2 no longer indicates Epcot as the location like it once did, have there been any rumors/thoughts on how the course might be changing this year?
Only running the 10k but I wonder if they will switch to the route dark side had at least for the half

Only running the 10k but I wonder if they will switch to the route dark side had at least for the half

If they do go the Dark Side route, I think it would be a nice change. I like really enjoyed the Marathon Weekend 10k route through the Boardwalk/Beach club areas. Would really like that being part of the 1/2 course and less focus on the main roads like last years course was.

I think runDisney at this point is just keeping everything as vague as possible with their events. But I can't really can't imagine them having a finish anywhere other than Epcot. Only thing I guess that could throw something off is all the road construction going on. If I was wagering a guess though, I think they will use the same course they used for Dark Side.

And there was still a lot of road time for Dark Side. Just can't avoid it really but I did like the course.

I was just checking the runDisney site and it looks like all races except the 5k are currently open for Wine and Dine... I swear I thought that some had already sold out? Did they open more slots, I wonder, or am I just losing my mind (quite plausible)?

I was just checking the runDisney site and it looks like all races except the 5k are currently open for Wine and Dine... I swear I thought that some had already sold out? Did they open more slots, I wonder, or am I just losing my mind (quite plausible)?
Apparently runDisney ran a huge upgrade to their systems last weekend to fit in the 2018 rates and plans. They might have used that occasion to readjust numbers of available events.

Living Colour is going to be performing for the Eat to Beat concerts during W&D weekend. Might have to check that out. Just going to miss Boyz II Men. Both of those hit me right in the high school years lol.

My wife signed up for the challenge this week. We were curious if there were any other couples completing the challenge?

:mad::mad::mad:
Living Colour is going to be performing for the Eat to Beat concerts during W&D weekend. Might have to check that out. Just going to miss Boyz II Men. Both of those hit me right in the high school years lol.
And due to doing this race I'll just miss Hanson yet again since i neeed to take off the end of the week as does dsis so there is now way we could take off mon-wed that week

Could also be unsold bibs that travel agents are returning.

My wife signed up for the challenge this week. We were curious if there were any other couples completing the challenge?

My wife and I are signed up. Looking forward to it, we ran the 1/2 last year. Figured a 10k warm up wouldn't be too bad lol.

:mad::mad::mad:
And due to doing this race I'll just miss Hanson yet again since i neeed to take off the end of the week as does dsis so there is now way we could take off mon-wed that week

I'd go see Hanson for sure. Everyone knows the one song but they seem to be pretty talented.

I'm so glad I'm not the only Hanson fan here! The fact that they're playing earlier that week is sooooooo tempting, but I'll be seeing them for their Middle of Nowhere tour on September 23rd, so my middle school dreams of seeing them live will finally come true! (Cue me secretly hoping they stay behind for the weekend so I can stalk them in the parks....)

OMG Hanson will be there the night we already had planned for F&W booth noshing!!! Wondering if that will make the park more crowded? I was a fairly huge Hanson fan for a hot minute in my younger days. I may have watched one of their "adult" concerts on palladium a few years back.
I didn't have crushes on any of them (they were little tykes to me), I actually just liked their music. Don't throw tomatos at me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!