Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

When do you find out your corral assignment? And how far apart do they stagger the starts of each corral?

Plus there's so many other runners and you never know what costume you might see so that keeps it fun too.

What % runners are *really* dressed up for WnD? Not just a color palette reminding them of a character.

It will by my first runDisney and I am not sure if I will like myself dressed up in pictures after...

Last edited:
[QUOTE="cavepig, post: 58075341, member: 24911lus there's so many other runners and you never know what costume you might see so that keeps it fun too.

What % runners are *really* dressed up for WnD? Not just a color palette reminding them of a character.

It will by my first runDisney and I am not sure if I will like myself dressed up in pictures after...[/QUOTE]

This is what we wore last year. An ode to Ireland and the F&W festival. Pretty simple with a Sparkle Skirt and these tops we found online

Wine & Dine Half 2016 by Gretchen Istre, on Flickr

[QUOTE="cavepig, post: 58075341, member: 24911lus there's so many other runners and you never know what costume you might see so that keeps it fun too.

It will by my first runDisney and I am not sure if I will like myself dressed up in pictures after...[/QUOTE]

A lot of people do some sort of dressing up, but more theming than full dress up. I am one of the few that don’t really do anything, but maybe a W&D hat or shirt.

There are a lot less people dressing up for Wine & Dine versus some of the other races. I know my husband decided against dressing up last year at the last minute after the 10K barely having anyone dressed up.

I'm going to wear the InkNBurn Brew Shirt + a Sparkle Skirt.

I'll be the one wearing a Rosé All Day-inspired outfit for the 10K, and then I'm bringing back my World Showcase Drinking Team jersey for the Half ... now, to just convince @mbwhitti ...

I was finally able to have my first training run today. Granted, it was only 20 minutes long and my pace sucked (18:00) but I'm glad my Physical Therapist finally told me I'm good to start doing more than just walking. I've lost 100% of my endurance at this point so I have a long way to go. I'm really glad that I only signed up for the 10K!

I was finally able to have my first training run today. Granted, it was only 20 minutes long and my pace sucked (18:00) but I'm glad my Physical Therapist finally told me I'm good to start doing more than just walking. I've lost 100% of my endurance at this point so I have a long way to go. I'm really glad that I only signed up for the 10K!

You've got this and I am rooting for you every step of the way!

This year we're doing a Chef Minnie look for the 10K and I think we're taking it back to the 80's in honor of Epcot's first year with some neon for the half. Still trying to figure it all out.

This year we're doing a Chef Minnie look for the 10K and I think we're taking it back to the 80's in honor of Epcot's first year with some neon for the half. Still trying to figure it all out.

That sounds really fun!

I should really do an Irish theme but am going to be wearing these most likely Screenshot_20170819-151717.pngScreenshot_20170819-145841.pngScreenshot_20170819-152035.pngScreenshot_20170819-152430.png

As Baymax in his armour.
It's prob more Disneybounding than full costume but I want to feel comfy.

Yay for training runs and getting back in the game!

It's so exciting reading about all your wonderful plans for this years Wine & Dine!! I wish I could be there with you all this year!

Hubby and I are planning to travel from Australia to Orlando for an extended 4 week trip taking in Wine & Dine 2019 and I'm just wondering if anyone would have tips for arrival dates? I was thinking that it'd be good to do my last long run back here in Australia the Sunday before the half marathon and then travel half way across the globe on the Tuesday stopping one night in LA to recover from the long haul flight and then travelling onto Orlando on the Wednesday. Rest up Wednesday, go to the expo Thursday and then run the 5km on Friday, 10km Saturday and half on Sunday. My thinking is to get the running out of the way early on our trip but what would others recommend?

I guess if you feel well rested enough, that would leave you the rest of the time to be more relaxed.
My only qualm would be the jet lag though they do say "west is best" so you should be in a good position.
Sounds like a lovely long trip: 4 weeks!!! <3

I guess if you feel well rested enough, that would leave you the rest of the time to be more relaxed.
My only qualm would be the jet lag though they do say "west is best" so you should be in a good position.
Sounds like a lovely long trip: 4 weeks!!! <3
Yep when you have to travel for 26 hours to get there you need to make the most of it. 2.5 weeks last year wasn't long enough :)

Do folk know what the deal is with the buses on the race mornings? I see they run from 'host' resorts, but is this just a select few? We're staying at POFQ and I'm expecting to get a cab out to AK on the morning of the 5K, then for DW out to Epcot for the 10K....

Do folk know what the deal is with the buses on the race mornings? I see they run from 'host' resorts, but is this just a select few? We're staying at POFQ and I'm expecting to get a cab out to AK on the morning of the 5K, then for DW out to Epcot for the 10K....

All resorts are host resorts so bus service will be provided to/from the staging area for each race.

I'll be wearing a hoopty doo/mickeys BBQ sorta fall inspired something. I just haven't fully figured it out yet. Ive got this sparkle athletic bandana skirt and I've got this InB shirt. May add in a minnie ear + bandana bow. It's a work in progress.
IMG_0617.JPG
My new skirt vs my old minnie skirt. Close in color. So should be able to find mouse ears to match.
IMG_0635.JPG
My Country/rockabilly type shirt from inknburn
IMG_0494.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!