Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

@roxymama - are you not going for C2C?

:( . No :(

We made a family vacation long before W&D weekend was involved, it just happened the dates announced fell at the end. At the time I was still scared of Tink half and I didn't even plan to run a fall one really until I came back from Tink. And so I decided to do the one hubby was doing at home and gun it for a PR (which didn't happen because we got a red flag heat fest, missed it by less than 3 min!)
So family decided that adding another hotel night and another early morning and all that was a no go. It took me some convincing of family peeps to even include the 5k & 10k for us during our vacay.
I keep telling myself it's just another medal...I've got lots of race fishes to fry. But yeah, it'll be hard seeing people with them.

I'm C for the half. Does that mean I'll also be C for the 10k?
And friends are 10k only; is there a way to figure out their corral?

I'm C for the half. Does that mean I'll also be C for the 10k?
And friends are 10k only; is there a way to figure out their corral?

Negative.

You might be ... or you could end up in B.

For the 10K you really don’t know until you pickup your bib and see the letter.

Anybody else NOT get an email this afternoon?
I did not get an email and was not expecting one as runDisney does not allow people who live outside USA and certain provinces of Canada to optin for them.

Thanks to the contributors to this thread, I knew the waivers were out and how to find my bib number: To get yours, go to the runDisney website under Runner Info. Follow the link to get your waiver, your bib number will be on your waiver. Then, still on the Runner Info tab, there is the mapping of the corrals.
:surfweb:

And a lot of people will be slowing and speeding up throughout the whole race because of character stops too.
That will be me!
How many character stops can we expect for the 10k? For the Half? Do they tend to repeat the same ones from one day to another? And at the Party?
I am trying to decide if I stop at every opportunity during both the 10k and the half.

How many character stops can we expect for the 10k? .

Last year there were 4 character meets at the start/finish area (Mickey and Minnie, goofy and Donald, Emile and remy, lumieire) and 5 on course (Mary Poppins penguins, flick and atta, gepetto and Pinocchio, vacation genie, chip and Dale)
As well as 2 sets of stilt walkers, a Sebastian the crab parade float, and various prop set ups in the way countries)

We are in coral B for the challenge. Really exciting for us our last coral placement was for Dopey so we were in I then, will be nice to set off a bit earlier. Hoping for A for 5k... bib number is 400XX for 5k any idea what that means? Also isn't it one bI've for the challenge so that would mean B for 10k?

Last edited:
Ooh very exciting. Where do we find corral assignments for the 10K and 5K?

And I am correct in thinking we just need to bring the waivers and some ID to pick up our bib, t-shirt etc from the expo? Or is there a confirmation umber we need too?

Ooh very exciting. Where do we find corral assignments for the 10K and 5K?

And I am correct in thinking we just need to bring the waivers and some ID to pick up our bib, t-shirt etc from the expo? Or is there a confirmation umber we need too?

Won't find out about 5K until expo when you get your bib. I think it's just waivers and ID but I'm sure someone else can confirm!

Anybody else NOT get an email this afternoon?
I didn't either, but I rarely get runDisney emails so I wasn't surprised. I depend on these boards and FB for my info and if I get an email (which is usually after everyone here has already relayed the info) it is just a bonus!

We are in coral B for the challenge. Really exciting for us our last coral placement was for Dopey so we were in I then, will be nice to set off a bit earlier. Hoping for A for 5k... bib number is 400XX for 5k any idea what that means? Also isn't it one bI've for the challenge so that would mean B for 10k?

Should be one bib but if I remember correctly it will read B/D or A/A so that you have a letter for each race.

Won't find out about 5K until expo when you get your bib. I think it's just waivers and ID but I'm sure someone else can confirm!

That's right. You can also print your confirmation at the expo. I just do that now because I always forget to print it before I travel.

Ok, can someone calm my nerves a little bit! This is my first Disney race, I'm running the 10K, so don't know corral assignment yet. My bib number is high so I'm thinking that I'm going to be in one the last corrals. I somewhat expected it since I didn't have a POT to submit but had hoped that I would be in a corral closer to my anticipated pace. I run a 8 min mile on a good day, 9 on a bad day. I'm super nervous because I want to be able to run and I've heard that it's hard sometime to maneuver around the walkers in the later corrals. Can someone with more Run Disney experience put my mind at ease!

Ok, can someone calm my nerves a little bit! This is my first Disney race, I'm running the 10K, so don't know corral assignment yet. My bib number is high so I'm thinking that I'm going to be in one the last corrals. I somewhat expected it since I didn't have a POT to submit but had hoped that I would be in a corral closer to my anticipated pace. I run a 8 min mile on a good day, 9 on a bad day. I'm super nervous because I want to be able to run and I've heard that it's hard sometime to maneuver around the walkers in the later corrals. Can someone with more Run Disney experience put my mind at ease!
The best advice I can give is get to the start early. That way you can hang out and go about your pre-race routine and keep an eye on your corral. You want to be at the front of it. As soon as people start to fill in, enter it and get to the front. There is usually a 1 to 2 minute gap between different letter corrals. If you are at the front, you will have little traffic from your corral and the prior corral will have started to spread out making dipping, dodging, diving, ducking and dipping again a little easier. Disney races are large and harder to get a fast start when deep in a corral, but with good vision and picking your moves ahead of time, a quick start is possible. Just remember, A slower start may allow you to pick up the pace towards the end to make up for it. With too much dodging through traffic at the start you may just end up wasting energy and the ability to speed up in the 2nd half of the race. It is usually pretty easy going once you get through the first 1/2 -3/4 mile at most.

My bib is 405XX So I really hope I'm corraled with y'all. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm in B only because I've been in B for every rundisney race I've done. My estimated was 8:01-9 min mile (since 8:58 would have been my proof if they'd wanted one.)
We'll have to post what we really get after we pick up bibs!

Do you remember what you put in for your estimated finish time for the 10k?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter