Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

I hadn’t planned on participating in Wine & Dine 2020 because I’ll be taking a 3 week trip to Europe to run the 5th Anniversary of the Disneyland Paris Half in Sep/Oct. But, after returning from Marathon Weekend I’m considering the Two Course Challenge. Wine & Dine really offers WDW’s best half marathon course with the bonus of the after party!

The villains theme isn’t a big draw for me, although I know it is for a lot of people. Any thoughts on how they will combine that with the Food & Wine theme (although they pretty much abandoned that for 2019)?

I hadn’t planned on participating in Wine & Dine 2020 because I’ll be taking a 3 week trip to Europe to run the 5th Anniversary of the Disneyland Paris Half in Sep/Oct. But, after returning from Marathon Weekend I’m considering the Two Course Challenge. Wine & Dine really offers WDW’s best half marathon course with the bonus of the after party!

The villains theme isn’t a big draw for me, although I know it is for a lot of people. Any thoughts on how they will combine that with the Food & Wine theme (although they pretty much abandoned that for 2019)?
Jungle Book had bananas, frozen had a Carrot Mickey had apples/pie and cabilleros had nachos in the key art ... a stretch but something

if I were to make a guess evil queen and the poison Apple will be something....maybe kronk even though he’s more a henchman then villain

Do it!!!

This is our first time ever running Disney hopefully we will get in. We are DVC members so I think we get to register a week early which I hope helps. My Middle daughter and I will run the 5k then my husband and I will do the two races challenge and my oldest daughter will join us for the 10k. Thankful that my mil is coming down to help watch our littles while we run. Staying at port orlenes for the race then Sunday transfer to our home resort of OKW until the 16th. Looking forward to learning all about the wine and dine races :)

How does the party work? The site says early entry begins at 5pm. If you don't have a park ticket that day, can a 1/2 runner and a guest that has purchased a party ticket enter at 5pm? Are you able to make fastpasses like with other parties?

Only the runner of the half or challenge get a ticket free. You may purchase a party ticket for a guest. All party tickets (runners & purchasers) get in at the same time.
No FP with party ticket, regular park guests have them until park close, no one has them at the party.

Only the runner of the half or challenge get a ticket free. You may purchase a party ticket for a guest. All party tickets (runners & purchasers) get in at the same time.
No FP with party ticket, regular park guests have them until park close, no one has them at the party.
Is the general consensus that the party is worth it? It sounds like it's similar to extra magic hours, but with some entertainment and extra character spots. I would be getting in free, but my friend wouldn't. Is it worth paying for?

Is the general consensus that the party is worth it? It sounds like it's similar to extra magic hours, but with some entertainment and extra character spots. I would be getting in free, but my friend wouldn't. Is it worth paying for?

I paid for my husband to attend last year. We had a lot of fun. He was a trooper standing in line with me for the 3 Caballeros too!

I would say that depends. RunDisney seems to be rather consistent and the offerings tend to be reliable. The weather and how you (or your friend) are feeling may skew your opinion of the party. There tends to be long lines earlier in the evening and its not raining. It can also make for a very long day. But it does give you a chance to some character photo ops, most (if not all) the Food and Wine booths and some rides. With Ratatouille slated to open summer of this year, well before the race, I wonder if they will add that to the attractions line up. The ride was fun in Paris and look forward to experiencing it here as well.

Concerning the party, I have read there are no fast passes but does La Cava, Rose & Crown Pub, restaurants, shops, etc. stay open? Thank you

The weather and how you (or your friend) are feeling may skew your opinion of the party.

This is a really good point. I tend to rest during the day, hopefully nap, and then hit the ground running for the party. My husband was ok, but didn't run so it was just being up late. But my RBF who I normally travel with is normally ready to tap out pretty early. So the value of your time spent at the party and how you view what is offered will impact your opinion of the party.

With Ratatouille slated to open summer of this year, well before the race, I wonder if they will add that to the attractions line up

I hadn't thought about Ratatouille being open. I hope they'll add it to the attractions line up! That would be awesome!

Concerning the party, I have read there are no fast passes but does La Cava, Rose & Crown Pub, restaurants, shops, etc. stay open? Thank you

The F&W Booths will be open along with some counter service locations. The restaurants will close at normal time. The Disney owned shops will be open but some of the sponsored ones might not be.

With Ratatouille slated to open summer of this year, well before the race, I wonder if they will add that to the attractions line up. The ride was fun in Paris and look forward to experiencing it here as well.
I had not considered this! I run as an add on to a family trip, so I wake at the crack of dawn, run, hit the park with small people, and if I go to the afterparty still have to be up at 6am the next morning with said littles. For me, the afterparty is not a draw as I would have to go by myself or get a ticket for DH and two likely sleeping or cranky kids over 3. I might send DH and kids back to the hotel if it means I can ride Ratatouille, though!

I would say that depends. RunDisney seems to be rather consistent and the offerings tend to be reliable. The weather and how you (or your friend) are feeling may skew your opinion of the party. There tends to be long lines earlier in the evening and its not raining.
100% agreed. The years it was pouring rain were less than fun. The one I attended that had perfect weather was a blast!

My school calendar was just released for next year...turns out conferences are the night of 11/5, so right when I wanted to be on the plane to FL :mad:
Guess it's time to start praying about whether or not flying in Friday morning/out Monday night is worth it or not to do my first challenge. Although, I will say that the idea of a WDW trip as a post-conference night reward does sound pretty nice...

Perfect Wino here, so I'm certain to register for the half marathon. Possibly the challenge as well, but it depends on my son's school schedule. Here's hoping they release his academic calendar soon!

I'm hoping I can convince my sister to do this with me. Texted her yesterday and she at least replied with an "interesting" and not an outright "no." She's a teacher and that's usually a long weekend for her.

We've done the Princess Half and did the Star Wars half in DL a few years back. SW half was not a great experience for her - she was undertrained and hadn't tested her costume (chafing!!). This early November date would work well for training here in New England (and she'd have her summer break to really focus on getting started).

I even suggested we might bring my niece for the kids one-mile race. She'll be almost 12 and is a pretty serious athlete. Does anyone have experience with the kids 1-miler specifically? Thoughts on whether it's worthwhile?

I'm hoping I can convince my sister to do this with me. Texted her yesterday and she at least replied with an "interesting" and not an outright "no." She's a teacher and that's usually a long weekend for her.

We've done the Princess Half and did the Star Wars half in DL a few years back. SW half was not a great experience for her - she was undertrained and hadn't tested her costume (chafing!!). This early November date would work well for training here in New England (and she'd have her summer break to really focus on getting started).

I even suggested we might bring my niece for the kids one-mile race. She'll be almost 12 and is a pretty serious athlete. Does anyone have experience with the kids 1-miler specifically? Thoughts on whether it's worthwhile?
I have no experience with the runDisney 1 miler but, if your niece is an athlete and your sister is not too sure about the half, may I suggest running the 10k as a family? If you run the half too, that would make the Challenge!
DD12 and I ran both the 5k and the 10k during Marathon Weekend.
Also to keep in mind, the WinenDine Half remains my favourite course at WDW so far. And it comes with the After-party ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter