Offsite - 2 BR with Kitchenette help

Doug5984

Mouseketeer
Hey all - I'm looking for help on finding a nice 2 bedroom with kitchenette offsite but close to MK for our trip coming up in October. We will be going for a week+ towards the end of October and are wanting to stay offsite this trip since it is such an extended stay.

I'm looking at the Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa (we stayed there close to 8 or 9 years ago now) but am wondering if I am missing any better options. (Average of 160ish per night currently on hotels.com)

The two most important factors are price, and ease in getting to the parks. We will have a car so will be driving, or taking an uber to all parks.

Guess I should also add we are AP holders this year, and a good neighbor hotel would be a positive as well.

We stayed at a Holiday Inn All Suites resort with a master bedroom, a separated bedroom with bunks and a small kitchenette. Not sure of cost now but we enjoyed it. They have a large pool/water park. It was changed to a Nickelodeon hotel but I think it's back to Holiday Inn. There also may be Residence Inn type hotels you can try.
If condos are an option, Orange Lake and Vistana are nice.

Lots of excellent timeshare properties in that BV Suites area. Look at Vistana Resort, Vistana Villages, Marriott Palms (Sabal, Imperial, and one other that escapes me right now).

Not sure why you need a good neighbor if you have an AP. With free parking I wouldn't have much interest in the shuttles. The Sheraton Vistanas are good neighbor if booking as a hotel stay, but there are better ways to book these, especially in a lower season like October.

Follow up - if we stay off-site at a good neighbor hotel (or whatever they call them) to get the 60-day fast pass bookings does it matter how you book them? Or what would be the process if I book one on hotels.com to somehow link it to MyDisneyExperience to get FP booking?

You may have a hard time. First of all, this only applies to the Hotels in Disney Springs area (7 of them I think?); it is not all Good Neighbor hotels. Looking at the Disney Springs Hotel page, it looks like you need to purchase tickets through the hotel, so your AP might make this difficult. I would read back about a page, there is a fairly lengthy thread about people's experiences booking FP+ at 60 days and the many issues that seem to be encountered. I've only quickly scanned, but it does sound like a rocky start.

Do you want a 2 bedroom + kitchen or do you want a 60+ day FP booking? You will not likely find both, unless you pay onsite $$$$$$ for 2 bdrm DVC.

If you want 2 bdrm + kitchen, I always recommend Staybridge Suites on Suiteside Dr. 2 bdrm offers 3 beds, 2 bathrooms and full sized kitchen with oven. Free hot breakfast buffet daily. Managers reception food and drinks 3 nights/week. No 60+ day FP though.

Need to decide your priorities first and go that direction.

Last edited:

Looking at the Disney Springs Hotel page, it looks like you need to purchase tickets through the hotel, so your AP might make this difficult. I would read back about a page, there is a fairly lengthy thread about people's experiences booking FP+ at 60 days and the many issues that seem to be encountered. I've only quickly scanned, but it does sound like a rocky start.

Yes, read the other thread. These comments have some misinformation in them. The new benefits for Disney Springs area resorts do not require tickets as a package purchase, but all FP+ at either the 30 day or 60 day mark do require a ticket to actually link them too. These hotels can be booked thru Disney, thru the hotel directly, or thru a hotel provider, you only need a confirmation # to link to the Disney system. The "rocky start" is that confirmation #'s were not linking. But, slowly, these kinks are getting worked out and more and more hotels are now able to link to My Disney Experience, and are now subject to 60 FP+ selection (if their ticket is linked too, including AP).

Follow up - if we stay off-site at a good neighbor hotel (or whatever they call them) to get the 60-day fast pass bookings does it matter how you book them? Or what would be the process if I book one on hotels.com to somehow link it to MyDisneyExperience to get FP booking?

Sadly the website that first put this news out and has a big following (so spread fast) .. passed on bad information.

60 day FP+ is NOT available to the Good Neighbor Hotels as they put out there.

There are:

- Disney Resorts (the Disney traditional hotels)

- Official Walt Disney World Hotels (like Disney Springs so very few)
http://disneyspringshotels.com/

- Disney Good Neighbor Hotels (offsite that meet some criteria, lots of them)
https://www.wdwgoodneighborhotels.com/

Only the Disney Springs (Official) were added to the 60 day FP+.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshares fit that description.
Vacation Village at Parkway also fits the description. We've stayed at both VV@P and WBC. WBC has a restaurant/bar while VV@P does not, but both were equal to me in terms of decor, size, beauty of the grounds, closeness to WDW. We find VV@P to be substantially less expensive that WBC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!