Oh it's a Jolly Holiday with Masseys, a Pre Trip Report

crazy.jpg

:rotfl2:

I'm sure everything will be fine. :)

:scared:

You didn't try hard enough. I did not get my airline ticket in the mail. :snooty:

I'm sooo sorry. It must have gotten lost in the mail. I'm afraid it's too late to try and send it again.

Good luck. Seriously.

Thank you!

OMG! A rare day off!
So... probably Xmas pre-cooking. Possibly baking. Cleaning. Chores... um... I think I'd rather be working.

I hope you enjoy it! I would be doing the same if I was home.

I'll be getting to bed early for neck surgery the next day. ;)

Oh no! I didn't know that. Your report is the next one I'm going to get caught up on. I'll be thinking and praying for you. I hope you get some much needed relief.:hug:

I'm sooo sorry. It must have gotten lost in the mail. I'm afraid it's too late to try and send it again.
Dang.
Stooopid post office! I'll have words with them!
I hope you enjoy it! I would be doing the same if I was home.
And I think I can now guarantee that I won't be at work... I just finished working an overtime last night and that puts me just shy of the maximum amount of work legally allowed in Canada.
So I can't work a full shift of overtime now.

And I think I can now guarantee that I won't be at work... I just finished working an overtime last night and that puts me just shy of the maximum amount of work legally allowed in Canada.
So I can't work a full shift of overtime now.

Is that good or bad?

This time next week will be our first day in the Magic Kingdom. I know a lot of people like to start with Magic Kingdom but I actually like to end with Magic Kingdom and we usually plan around what works best for crowds and such. Since there are very few Magic Kingdom park days without it closing early for a party this is going to be a really crowded day. We'll have breakfast @ Pop or on Main Street before the 9 am opening hopefully. Again we're going to try and make rope drop. Our first FP is BTMRR starting @ 9 am so we better make it for rope drop. Dennis & Danielle may hit Space Mountain before our FP if we do make rope drop. We measured JP again tonight without shoes and he's really close to 38 inches!!! Looks like he may be riding Seven Dwarfs with us! :scared1: I want to remeasure him with shoes on to make sure. We have a lunch ADR @ Skipper Canteen. This will be new for all of us and was Danielle's choice. We also have dinner @ Be Our Guest so JP can dine with Beast. Dennis and JP have never been to dinner so it should be an experience. We would like to ride Pooh, Danielle wants to do the Speedway with JP, Magic Carpets and Dumbo should be good choices too. Carousel of Progress will be good for when JP needs some down time. If he's brave enough we may try Pirates and he Haunted Mansion. I have a list of treat I want to try, hopefully we'll get at lest 1 or 2. There are so many Christmas treat offered. The park is open to 11 but I'm sure we'll be gone long before then. I'm really hoping to catch the Main Street Trolley show or the Dapper Dans.

What's your favorite MK treat? Is there any MK Christmas treats you want to try or have already had?

Is that good or bad?
Good.
Last few days have been brutal.
We measured JP again tonight without shoes and he's really close to 38 inches!!! Looks like he may be riding Seven Dwarfs with us! :scared1:
Fingers crossed!
We have a lunch ADR @ Skipper Canteen. This will be new for all of us and was Danielle's choice.
Hope you enjoy it. Like the ride, it's all about what kind of server you get.
What's your favorite MK treat?
Silly girl.... Dole Whip float, of course!
Is there any MK Christmas treats you want to try or have already had?
I've been to a party, but I can't remember a single thing I had!

Ive been following along but I am not sure Ive commented! Looks like we are going to be at Pop and Epcot the same days! Well for Saturday and Sunday. DH and I are taking a super last minute, quick trip to Disney to enjoy some time alone, and check out all Disney has to offer at xmas! I will keep my eyes pealed for you! We will probably be eating at the Pop food court when you arrive on Saturday!

Ooh favourite MK treat is hard to choose. There are so many nice ones but I think it would have to be an ice-cream sundae from The plaza with popcorn being a close 2nd! Dole whips are pretty awesome too so really I could just eat my way around the park lol. Good luck choosing :thumbsup2

Good.
Last few days have been brutal.
I'm happy to hear you'll be getting some much deserved rest from work.

Hope you enjoy it. Like the ride, it's all about what kind of server you get.

We love the corny humor. This is one of the places Danielle would love to work at for her DCP.

Silly girl.... Dole Whip float, of course!
I knew that. The Dole Whip is on my list of treats for sure.

I've been to a party, but I can't remember a single thing I had!

Must not have been too good if you don't remember it.

Ive been following along but I am not sure Ive commented! Looks like we are going to be at Pop and Epcot the same days! Well for Saturday and Sunday. DH and I are taking a super last minute, quick trip to Disney to enjoy some time alone, and check out all Disney has to offer at xmas! I will keep my eyes pealed for you! We will probably be eating at the Pop food court when you arrive on Saturday!

:welcome:We're very happy to have you here. Lucky you get some time with DH at Christmas. Please say hello if you see us. We won't have Michelle with us yet but JP will be with us.

Ooh favourite MK treat is hard to choose. There are so many nice ones but I think it would have to be an ice-cream sundae from The plaza with popcorn being a close 2nd! Dole whips are pretty awesome too so really I could just eat my way around the park lol. Good luck choosing :thumbsup2

I don't think I have every had a sundae but I have had some scoops of ice cream from there. DH has had a banana split years ago. I have popcorn on my list. I really want to get a refillable bucket, such a good treat while you're waiting for a parade or nighttime entertainment. I'm planning on doing lots or eating and sharing.

We're now only 4 sleeps away from Disney!!!

Still so much to do. DH and I spent about 2 hours wrapping and bowing presents tonight. He does the wrapping and I make them pretty. We're still not done. I think I'll be wrapping on Christmas Eve this year.

I'm a little disappointed in the weather forecast. The temps keep going up! I do not want to sweat and watch my hair frizz. If it could just stay in the low 70s I would be thrilled. There's also a chance of rain almost everyday. I know it changes daily so I'm hoping it keeps changing until the rain goes away.

So, this day next week will be a big and exciting day.

We'll start with a before park opening breakfast @ Akershus. I'm looking forward to seeing an empty Epcot. Not sure how it's going to look with all the construction. We should be finishing up right about park opening time so we can jump in line for Frozen Ever After. Our first FP is for Soarin starting @ 9:30. We have a FP for The Seas and Turtle Talk. I'm not sure if we'll really do Turtle Talk but we need to tap it if we want to get a 4th FP for later @ MK. I would really like to head back to Pop as soon as we finish with the FPs so we can meet Michelle. She lands @ 10:35 and should be at Pop for lunch. I know I'll have trouble dragging Dennis & Danielle out of the park.

This is our MVMCP night! Since we have hoppers we can enter the park anytime we want. Michelle has a FP for 7 Dwarfs for 2:15 so I know she'll want to get there ASAP. We want to grab an early CS dinner in MK before the party starts. This is our very first party so we're all excited. I would like to see the castle lighting @ 6:15 and ride rides until the entertainment starts @ 7. We don't plan on meeting any characters. We do want to see the shows, first parade, fireworks, collect the free treats & try some of the party only treats. Can't forget the merchandise we want too. I want a pin, ornament and maybe a shirt. We also want to get as many photo pass pictures as we can. Of course we can't see and do it all and I'm sure we won't make until the end of the night.

If anyone else has been please tell me what you're must do was?

I'm happy to hear you'll be getting some much deserved rest from work.
I won't lie... I'm far beyond just simply tired.
We love the corny humor. This is one of the places Danielle would love to work at for her DCP.
That might be a fun place to work. :)
I knew that. The Dole Whip is on my list of treats for sure.
I should hope so!!! :scared:
Must not have been too good if you don't remember it.
Perhaps not... but see above comment on being tired...
We're now only 4 sleeps away from Disney!!!
So close!
bowing presents tonight.
Huh. I thought that was more of a Japanese thing.
I thought you were more into hand shakes in the US.

:rolleyes:
The temps keep going up! I do not want to sweat and watch my hair frizz.
Come up here for your vacation instead.
Lows this week expected to be around minus twenty.
Frizzing hair? Nope. Freezing?... That's another story.
If anyone else has been please tell me what you're must do was?
You've already mentioned the parade. That was a must do for sure.
One thing you didn't mention was Jingle Cruise. That was a must for me.

Ive never been to a party night but I’m soooo excited for you all! I think as long as you don’t expect to do everything then you’ll be happy with what you get to do. Even just seeing the decorations and soaking up the atmosphere will be awesome! Wishing you the best of times 🎄🎅🎁❄️

I won't lie... I'm far beyond just simply tired.

I hope you're able to get the rest you need.

Huh. I thought that was more of a Japanese thing.
I thought you were more into hand shakes in the US.

:rolleyes:

:lmao: I guess I could start the process with a respectful bow.

Come up here for your vacation instead.
Lows this week expected to be around minus twenty.
Frizzing hair? Nope. Freezing?... That's another story.

I said I didn't want to freeze, just not sweat.

You've already mentioned the parade. That was a must do for sure.
One thing you didn't mention was Jingle Cruise. That was a must for me.

Jingle Cruise is a must for us too, but we may do it before the party when the crowds won't be so bad.

Ive never been to a party night but I’m soooo excited for you all! I think as long as you don’t expect to do everything then you’ll be happy with what you get to do. Even just seeing the decorations and soaking up the atmosphere will be awesome! Wishing you the best of times 🎄🎅🎁

I'm hoping to soak up the Christmas atmosphere too. If we do a few things I think we'll be good.

On this day next week we'll be in the Animal Kingdom for our one and only day. We aren't limiting ourselves to 1 day at AK because we don't like it, it's just that we only have 7 park days on this visit. We really do like AK, I think it may be Dennis' favorite park. Of course we always like to think we can make rope drop and will certainly try. But on this day we don't have do it. Michelle & JP have an ADR for a late breakfast at Tusker House. Dennis & Danielle have a FOP FP @ 10:55 and Michelle and I have FOP @ 12:30. We will all do Festival of the Lion King together for our next FP and finish up with our last FP @ Kilimanjaro Safaris. We'll have CS for lunch and dinner in the park. Dennis would like to eat @ Satuli Canteen for dinner. I doubt Michelle will eat much for lunch after her breakfast. We would like to ride Navi if we make it for rope drop. I know Dennis & Danielle will want to ride Dinosaur while we play in Dinoland and the Boneyard with JP. If there is time we would like to do Gorilla trails, Rafiki Planet watch and Maharajah Jungle Trek. I think we will try for a 4th FP for Everest. Seeing the Tree of Life Awakenings is a must and the Snow Animals. Since I'm the only one who has seen Pandora at night I'm sure we'll do that too. Anything else we do will just be a bonus. We have reservations for the after HEA dessert party but we may be cancelling that so we can get up extra early for our next park day which is DHS. It's suppose to be open for 7 but it's been opening early every day this week. I really hate to cancel the party but we need to get some sleep. AK closes at 8 so this would give us all some much needed rest.

So would you forgo the party for a chance at Ride of the Resistance?

I hope you're able to get the rest you need.
Not yet. Hoping for tomorrow.
:lmao: I guess I could start the process with a respectful bow.
::yes::
I said I didn't want to freeze, just not sweat.
Ah. Well, that's not gonna work, then.
Jingle Cruise is a must for us too, but we may do it before the party when the crowds won't be so bad.
Understood.
Seeing the Tree of Life Awakenings is a must
Absolutely agree.
and the Snow Animals.
What is that?
So would you forgo the party for a chance at Ride of the Resistance?
No.

When I did RD for SWGE last September, I noted that while there was a crowd... after I rode the first time, the crowd was gone. It was a walk on for the 2nd time.
If you get there reasonably early, I would think the waits wouldn't be prohibitive.

I could be wrong, though.

Not yet. Hoping for tomorrow.

And?

What is that?

Article about the Animal Kingdom Holiday Entertainment

No.

When I did RD for SWGE last September, I noted that while there was a crowd... after I rode the first time, the crowd was gone. It was a walk on for the 2nd time.
If you get there reasonably early, I would think the waits wouldn't be prohibitive.

I could be wrong, though.

Well I got over ruled so I did cancel it. The way they are working boarding passes means you have to be at the park before opening, well before if you can. Once you enter the park you can try to join a boarding group. The boarding groups fill up really fast, there is no stand by line. The scheduled opening time for today was 7 am. Due to the crowds gathered outside the opened around 6:35 am. The boarding groups were filled within 45 minutes. The early bird gets the worm.

On this day next week will be back in DHS and hopefully we will get to ride Rise of the Resistance if we get to the park early enough. I did cancel our Dessert Party and I'm heartsick about it. I know we will need the rest if we want to attempt to ride ROR. We do plan on taking a rest around lunch and coming back for our Oga reservation. Danielle cancelled her Driod build. Once she's in Disney she should have time to do this with her DCP discount. She was also worried about fitting it in her luggage. Dennis is still doing his Lightsaber build. I'm sorry but it's really late and I have so much to do. I'm hoping to get a chance to get on tomorrow but since we leave extremely early on Saturday morning I'm not sure that will happen. I'm going to leave by saying "Merry Christmas" in case I don't get the chance to before Christmas.

Not so much, yet.
Maybe tonight...
Well I got over ruled so I did cancel it. The way they are working boarding passes means you have to be at the park before opening, well before if you can. Once you enter the park you can try to join a boarding group. The boarding groups fill up really fast, there is no stand by line. The scheduled opening time for today was 7 am. Due to the crowds gathered outside the opened around 6:35 am. The boarding groups were filled within 45 minutes. The early bird gets the worm.
:eek:
Danielle cancelled her Driod build. Once she's in Disney she should have time to do this with her DCP discount. She was also worried about fitting it in her luggage.
It definitely takes up a lot of suitcase real estate. Not small!
I'm hoping to get a chance to get on tomorrow but since we leave extremely early on Saturday morning I'm not sure that will happen. I'm going to leave by saying "Merry Christmas" in case I don't get the chance to before Christmas.
And just in case...
Merry Christmas Vanessa. To you and your family. Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter