Oh it's a Jolly Holiday with Masseys, a Pre Trip Report

Fantastic news for Danielle. Many congratulations :cheer2:
So sorry to hear about Boudreaux. It’s always tough to lose a much loved pet. They really are part of the family. Sending you all warm wishes :)
Definitely think the annual pass is the way to go for you. Hoping all your trips ease the pain of losing Boudreaux :goodvibes

That's fabulous that Danielle got the spring internship! So excited for her :flower1: You definitely need to get an AP. I already bought one that I'll activate on our December trip, and I'm hoping my niece gets into the Fall 2020 program, so my sister and I can do at least a couple of fall trips. If Danielle has any tips, I'll love to pass them on. :thumbsup2 Congratulations!

Congratulations to Danielle. I remember how disappointing it was last go round.

I think an AP is a must now.

Fantastic news for Danielle. Many congratulations :cheer2:
So sorry to hear about Boudreaux. It’s always tough to lose a much loved pet. They really are part of the family. Sending you all warm wishes :)

Thank you! We're still adjusting to not having a dog. We still have Danielle's two cats but it's different.

Definitely think the annual pass is the way to go for you. Hoping all your trips ease the pain of losing Boudreaux :goodvibes

A vote for the annual pass! To be honest it will be easier to take more trips to Disney as sad as that sounds.

Sorry for the loss of your furbaby!!! But congrats to Danielle on her DCP internship!!! :cool1:

Thank you!

And YES you need to upgrade to an AP!!!!! :wizard:

Another vote for an AP!

That's fabulous that Danielle got the spring internship! So excited for her :flower1:

Thank you!

You definitely need to get an AP.

Another positive vote for the AP.

I already bought one that I'll activate on our December trip, and I'm hoping my niece gets into the Fall 2020 program, so my sister and I can do at least a couple of fall trips.

I think I'll convert my current ticket in December to he annual pass. I hope you niece gets in.

If Danielle has any tips, I'll love to pass them on. :thumbsup2

Don't give up. I do think it's easier to get in for the Spring. Danielle joined a Facebook group for the Fall 2019 when she applied for others that had applied and also joined the Spring 2020. The number of members in the Spring 2020 was a lot smaller.

Congratulations to Danielle. I remember how disappointing it was last go round.

Thank you! It was hard on all of us when she didn't get it, but things happen for a reason. I think it was a good learning experience for her too.

I think an AP is a must now.

Another vote for the AP!

As some of you know Danielle applied for Fall 2019 and did not get in. We were all devastated for her. She officially applied for Spring 2020 on August 20th in the morning and believe it or not went from application received to "in consideration" almost at once. The last time she applied she never even got out of "application received". It wasn't too long afterward that she moved to WBI (web based interview). She had 3 days to finish this step. She completed the WBI that afternoon then was offered a phone interview which she scheduled for Friday afternoon August 28th. That was a lot of excitement for one day.
That's very exciting! She must've been bouncing around the house. :)
The bad news of that day was we lost our last furbaby dog Boudreaux. We have had him since 2008. He was old and hadn't been doing well but it was still hard. He is now with Max and I'm sure they are so happy to be back together.
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:
Image result for rainbow bridge poem
But guess what she got today? AN OFFER FOR AN INTERNSHIP!!!!!!
Wonderful!!!! Congratulations to her!
I really think I should just upgrade to the annual pass in December.
::yes::

Congratulations Danielle!!! I hope you or Danielle will share some about her experience as a CP!!!

I really think I should just upgrade to the annual pass in December.
::yes:: I mean you'll have plenty of reason to go back to visit...

We're all still getting use to the news that Danielle will be living and working at Disney for 6 months. We've gone from planning one big trip to planning lots of little trips too. I also joined the DCP parents Facebook group to try and find out what we need to know before she goes and how to get the most out of this. I'm really glad we have 4 months for her to get ready for her DCP. We went out to dinner Wednesday at our local Tex-Mex where we usually go to celebrate.

I don't know if the reality has really sunk in yet. I put in for more vacation time to bring her down. I'm going to drive with her with the card loaded down. Her check in date is January 27th. We're going to head down early Saturday morning with plans to play in a park on Sunday. She can move into her apartment on Monday. We'll do a goodbye dinner on Monday night then I'll fly back on Tuesday. I've booked my flight back as late as possible so she can drive me back to the airport. I haven't figured out where I'm going to stay yet. If I stay @ a Disney resort I'll use Magical Express. I'm hoping to get a little more park time on Tuesday. I'm going to let Dennis fly down in July and driver back with her when she's done. Michelle has a trip for Mardi Gras planned and we'll either go around Easter or Memorial Day. Michelle also wants to go around their birthdays. It a really big year for both of them, Michelle says goodbye to her 20s and Danielle will be turning 21. What better place to celebrate.

Moving on, I promised cute pictures of JPs jammies. We're going to use @luvpoohandcompany 's suggestion and plan on changing him into his pjs before we leave the parks at night. He will also wear a pair to MVMCP.

I picked up some cute pjs from Target. I got him some Star Wars jammies.

He ended up wearing one home one night.

I also got some Mickey ones.

And he ended up wearing one of these home one night.

So at least we know they fit.

I've also been picking up some extra shirts for him. I think we learned our lesson last trip that we can never have too many shirts for JP.

I got these @ Box Lunch when they were having a sale.

And the back is cute too.
Continued in next post.

I just love this sweatshirt!

I got this to match me. We're going to Disney Bound Pooh on one of our Epcot days with hopes of catching him in the UK.

I also picked these up at Khol's.

I picked up an Incredible shirt @ Target but it went home with him one day.

He's really into Super Hero stuff right now.

I saved the best for last. These are the Christmas Jammies Michelle picked up.

In case your wondering what a DCP acceptance looks like.

Just a little more planning information. We were notified by Southwest this week that our flights were changed. For those of us traveling on the 14th the only change was the flight number. Michelle's flight going down was changed a little more. Her flight number and times were changed. She will actually fly a little earlier and get to Orlando a little earlier. I'm hoping to get our Magical Express set up on Monday now that we know Danielle won't have a final exam on the day we're coming down and hopefully Southwest won't make any more changes.

Congratulations again to Danielle! Looks like plans are in the works for a lot of fun short trips. The celebration trip for Danielle and Michelle looks like it will be a lot of fun and special for them... lots of great opportunities for your family to make some magical memories in the coming year!

The shirts and jammies look good! JP is going to be ready to hit the parks in style. Only thing, at least from our experience, about putting on jammies in the parks is that a bath was much needed before jammies went on... Although you're not going in July so maybe he won't be as sweaty, sticky and disgusting.

I've been slowly reading and catching up, and I'm finally there. So excited for your trip in December; your plans look great! There's a small part of me that would love for my parents to take my kids to WDW for a few days before I arrive, because I know how special that would be. But it's got to be hard knowing your kid's at Disney and you're not! :rotfl2:

A huge congrats for the college program acceptance! What an amazing opportunity. Plus it's so good to see someone who loves the company and the values/policies they follow added to the Cast Member list. Another person who will continue Walt's legacy and create magic for guests. :goodvibes

We're all still getting use to the news that Danielle will be living and working at Disney for 6 months. We've gone from planning one big trip to planning lots of little trips too. I also joined the DCP parents Facebook group to try and find out what we need to know before she goes and how to get the most out of this.
I some how missed that announcement!!! Amazing!!! So happy for her!

Moving on, I promised cute pictures of JPs jammies. We're going to use @luvpoohandcompany 's suggestion and plan on changing him into his pjs before we leave the parks at night. He will also wear a pair to MVMCP.
I love this idea. I almost wish we could do that for my girls even at there age. Ha!

We were notified by Southwest this week that our flights were changed
What is up with Southwest? It's like they change all of there flights!

Congratulations again to Danielle!

Thank you!!!

Looks like plans are in the works for a lot of fun short trips.

Yes there are. These smaller trips won't involve as much planning and more just winging it.

The celebration trip for Danielle and Michelle looks like it will be a lot of fun and special for them... lots of great opportunities for your family to make some magical memories in the coming year!

This will be our year of celebrating!

Only thing, at least from our experience, about putting on jammies in the parks is that a bath was much needed before jammies went on... Although you're not going in July so maybe he won't be as sweaty, sticky and disgusting.

I would much prefer to give him a bath first but I also don't want to wake him back up and they fight the battle to get him back down. I'm hoping it won't be too hot. If it is he does love the water fountains. I just need to bring some soap with me.

This is a good thing. :)

I hope sol.

Well someone looks happy. :)

She is still on cloud 9.

Cute and... getting big!

Yes he is! We just need him to hit 38 inches.

I've been slowly reading and catching up, and I'm finally there.

:welcome: I'm so glad you're here!

So excited for your trip in December; your plans look great!

Thank you!

There's a small part of me that would love for my parents to take my kids to WDW for a few days before I arrive, because I know how special that would be. But it's got to be hard knowing your kid's at Disney and you're not! :rotfl2:

She likes sending him with us better than leaving and he still being there without her.

A huge congrats for the college program acceptance! What an amazing opportunity.

Thank you! We're all pretty excited.

Plus it's so good to see someone who loves the company and the values/policies they follow added to the Cast Member list. Another person who will continue Walt's legacy and create magic for guests. :goodvibes

She is so looking forward to spreading the Magic!

I some how missed that announcement!!! Amazing!!! So happy for her!

Thank you!!

I love this idea. I almost wish we could do that for my girls even at there age. Ha!

Would make it easier for bed time.

What is up with Southwest? It's like they change all of there flights!

I know. I got another email today. They just changed our return flight number and bumped it up another 5 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!