Oh Transportation Gurus??/ Rental Car Question

debster812

<font color=blue>DIS Earth Angel!<br><font color=0
Hi Folks,

I am going on a business trip in the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood area. My boss is being kind enough to let me have a couple of 'play days' before our meetings, so I will be heading up to WDW. How can I find out which car rental locations are on site in the terminal? I will be totally solo, so would rather stay in terminal to rent if possible.

Thanks all for your help.

Debbie

Which terminal, Ft. Lauderdale or Orlando? In Orlando, MCO, the onsite car rentals are Avis, Budget, Dollar, National and Alamo. Also L&M but I don't recommend them. Go here for rental discount codes at MCO: www.mousesavers.com/groundtrans.html

I may be missing one, but I know that Avis, Alamo/National, Dollar, and L & M are in the terminal. We rent via Priceline and always bid on an on-site location. I've heard that Priceline considers Hertz onsite too, even tho' you have to take a shuttle to get to them, but we've only gotten Alamo and Avis when we've bid. Check these boards for more info. about L & M...lots of people have reported problems with them.
I know what you mean about "play days"...normally we take a towncar, but last Oct. I was in Orlando for a conference and we flew out the weekend before. We were at an offsite hotel, so that was the first time we've ever rented a car. It wasn't as bad as I expected, as the signage is very good (but I still prefer to be chauffered).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Fort Lauderdale is not set up like Orlando is. Are you flying into Fort Lauderdale? Many rental car companies have counters in the terminal at FLL, however you will need to take a bus to get to your car.. There are no agencies (that I know of) at FLL that you can walk to your rental car like at Orlando... The other 'strange' thing about FLL is the rental car busses don't pick you up right in front of the baggage claim area.. They have little turn-arounds off to the side of each building which you have to walk to. I have flown into FLL many times, it isn't really all that bad. Just not nearly as convienent as Orlando... :(

Re reading my post, I was totally confusing.

Yes, I am flying into FLL, and will drive up to Orlando for 3 days, then drive back to FLL for my meetings/seminars.

So I will have to shuttle to any company at FLL--good to know, now I can plan that out too.

Thanks everyone, and keep the info coming!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter