'Ohana Breakfast ?

Uh no! I said We are fans of signature dining. I wasn't comparing. I think there are better character experiences. If you love O'hana enjoy!
Well in that case, I am a fan of signature dining too! I'm not sure how it's relevant but there you have it :) I do think other character experiences are a good comparison though ;)

First the first time ever, I changed a reservation due to DIS reviews. Was supposed to go on Sunday. We are a bacon family, no one eats ham. I think there would be mutiny without it. Also would rather characters come to the table, especially Stitch. Used to love the 'ohana breakfast, but trying Garden grill instead. I was torn between the two originally anyway.

Oh man we have an ADR for breakfast in January. The ham switch out is gross to me. Might have to change strategy here.

You can purchase the juice in a can - its produced by Del Monte.

I will definitely be looking for this. Do you know what it is called in the can? :)

So I am bumping this because I feel like everyone who replied will be the most likely to know. How often is Mickey at the breakfast? Who is usually Lilo and Stitch's "guest"

We saw Stitch outside of the restaurant. Mickey, Lilo & Pluto came to our table.

Did the other characters still do the parade around the restaurant to Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride? Or did they stop doing this as well?

Cant believe they are changing the menu and the stitch meet like they are.... BOOO to you O'hana!!!

I cancelled my upcoming reservation. I don't do Ham. I expect Bacon with my breakfast when I eat out so there is no way I will pay for an all you care to eat that doesn't include it. I've been numerous times & the food was fine but with these changes I'm out. It kills me because Stitch is my absolute favorite character & this was the only way to be sure I got to see him & get a big hug. Maybe they are trying to make the meal more authentic by serving the Ham & Pineapple combo but I wouldn't eat any of it.

Write an email and tell them why you cancelled. They need to hear about this. This is the only breakfast we do. Very disappointed.

First the first time ever, I changed a reservation due to DIS reviews. Was supposed to go on Sunday. We are a bacon family, no one eats ham. I think there would be mutiny without it. Also would rather characters come to the table, especially Stitch. Used to love the 'ohana breakfast, but trying Garden grill instead. I was torn between the two originally anyway.
Ditto! I just did the same thing :sad: - cancelled our Ohana reservation at the end of Nov. for a Boma breakfast instead.

This would explain how I found a Ohana breakfast last week for the end of September. I'll keep it in hopes that Disney puts the bacon back on the menu.

Edit:
By the way, is this a good breakfast for couples? It is just my wife and I. We're staying at AKL, and have a day visit planned for Epcot. Reservation is at 8:30am. My plan was to take the bus to MK, and then take either the monorail or boat to the Polynesian. Afterwards, walk over to the TTC and ride the monorail to Epcot.

This will be our first time dining at Ohana.

Last edited:
My grandkids did really enjoy the parade! They loved walking around the restaurant making music. My family did enjoy the food, even though there was a little disappoinment, because there was no bacon. The juice is our favorite. I wish you could buy that in a can!

You can actually make the juice yourself, it is extremely easy. I make this all the time.

21 oz guava juice
21 oz passionfruit juice
14 oz pulp free orange juice

We were there in mid-July. We didn't eat at 'Ohana, but we were at Kona. Stitch was outside the restaurant by the windows taking pictures with people. There was a line to see him. Once you saw him they took you into the restaurant.

By the way, is this a good breakfast for couples? It is just my wife and I. We're staying at AKL, and have a day visit planned for Epcot. Reservation is at 8:30am. My plan was to take the bus to MK, and then take either the monorail or boat to the Polynesian. Afterwards, walk over to the TTC and ride the monorail to Epcot.

This will be our first time dining at Ohana.

I think you will get mixed reviews. Personally, I think it's overpriced breakfast food. Is it good. Yes. It's okay. We've done it once but wouldn't do it again. The ONLY reason we did it was because Stitch is my daughter's favorite character and we missed him at Epcot. This was the only way she could see him. I would have recommended Kona (same location) and I guess I still can. But they removed my very favorite item in all of Disney from their menu. I think there are better breakfast places. Especially for couples. The draw for 'Ohana breakfast is the characters. Food is pretty standard fair. Just my opinion.

It doesn't make any sense to take the Beloved Stitch out of the table rounds
UNLESS they want to find a new way of upcharging.

They could ask @ check in:
Would your family like to have a
special time of interaction with Stitch,
AND photopass pics?!?!
Well please go over to the check in over there.

THEN they say it's $15 per family,
and you get in the meet & greet line.
The Bean Counters just know that
families won't want to miss out on Stitch,
SO they will pay the upcharge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!