'Ohana Breakfast ?

It doesn't make any sense to take the Beloved Stitch out of the table rounds
UNLESS they want to find a new way of upcharging.

They could ask @ check in:
Would your family like to have a
special time of interaction with Stitch,
AND photopass pics?!?!
Well please go over to the check in over there.

THEN they say it's $15 per family,
and you get in the meet & greet line.
The Bean Counters just know that
families won't want to miss out on Stitch,
SO they will pay the upcharge.

They already had a Photopass photographer inside with Stitch when he went around to the tables, and would make the photos available in your account to purchase (or have if you bought Memory Maker/have an AP).

They already had a Photopass photographer inside with Stitch when he went around to the tables, and would make the photos available in your account to purchase (or have if you bought Memory Maker/have an AP).

Phew! That's a relief.

BUT it makes no sense to take Stitch out of the parade & table rounds.
It's a sad change.

Phew! That's a relief.

BUT it makes no sense to take Stitch out of the parade & table rounds.
It's a sad change.

They probably took him out of the table rounds because quite frankly it was taking way too long for all the characters to go to each table. When I ate there in May I think it took me all of about 15 minutes to eat my breakfast. I had to sit there waiting for almost an hour after I had finished eating for all the characters to get to my table. I know the Parade is fun for the kids but IMO it takes up quite a bit of time that the characters should be spending going to the tables & interacting with all the guests. They can move more people through quicker by having everyone meet Stitch prior to actually getting in the restaurant. They do the same with at least one character at many of the other Character meals. Do I like the change, no. You get better interaction with the characters when they come to your table usually as they will take a little time if you talk to & interact with them but that's why it takes longer for the characters to get around to every table. This change & the removal of the Bacon from the menu caused me to cancel any future reservations for this meal. Since it was my one guaranteed chance to see Stitch I'm not happy in the least but I refuse to pay $35 for a mediocre breakfast of foods I don't like. This is now Bacongate!

First the first time ever, I changed a reservation due to DIS reviews. Was supposed to go on Sunday. We are a bacon family, no one eats ham. I think there would be mutiny without it. Also would rather characters come to the table, especially Stitch. Used to love the 'ohana breakfast, but trying Garden grill instead. I was torn between the two originally anyway.

Back in 2010 'Ohana was my favorite breakfast. This past May, it wasn't nearly as good. The sausage changed (it used to be super thick) and it just seemed so much more rushed. Garden Grill is my new favorite. Food is delicious and the character interaction is the best I've seen. You won't be disappointed!

Del Monte's version of POG juice is called "Four Seasons". It can often be found at Dollar Tree stores in small cans 3 for $1.00.

OMG I love you for this. Long story, my college besties and I went to Hawaii for our college graduation and they had POG juice there, and we all got so tipsy making it into frozen POG with coconut rum. It was the best night ever, and I've never been able to find it here on the mainland. THANK YOU!!!

Those who sent emails to guest relations, what is the address you used? I want to let them know that this sounds hugely disappointing and we will take Ohana breakfast off our list of places to dine that we've previously loved in the past.

This would explain how I found a Ohana breakfast last week for the end of September. I'll keep it in hopes that Disney puts the bacon back on the menu.

Edit:
By the way, is this a good breakfast for couples? It is just my wife and I. We're staying at AKL, and have a day visit planned for Epcot. Reservation is at 8:30am. My plan was to take the bus to MK, and then take either the monorail or boat to the Polynesian. Afterwards, walk over to the TTC and ride the monorail to Epcot.

This will be our first time dining at Ohana.
Week, my husband and I had a fine time there in July. We were on the dining plan so the expense was covered. We love Stitch so it was a fun experience before all the changes.

Back in 2010 'Ohana was my favorite breakfast. This past May, it wasn't nearly as good. The sausage changed (it used to be super thick) and it just seemed so much more rushed. Garden Grill is my new favorite. Food is delicious and the character interaction is the best I've seen. You won't be disappointed!
Absolutely agree. The characters here are wonderful!

This is the response I received when I e-mailed them 2 weeks ago:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World Resort.

We're glad you've had enjoyable dining experiences at 'Ohana Best Friends Breakfast Featuring Lilo and Stitch in the past. We periodically evaluate our offerings and make changes based on feedback from our Guests. Our goal is to provide new and unique items along with our Guests' favorites. Please know that at this time we have not rolled out any new or different menu items for our breakfast, 'Ohana is still featuring Hua Paka (Scrambled Eggs), Uala Kahiki (Fried Potatoes), Pua'a (Pork) Pork Breakfast Sausage Links and Smoked Bacon along with Mickey-shaped waffles, breads and seasonal fruits.

In keeping with Disney PhotoPass standards there is no longer a physical photo printed from the beginning of your meal, a photo is taken with the 'Ohana logo and added to Guests' My Disney Experience Account for download. Characters still visit tables in order to meet and greet with our Guests.

Again, our Guests' feedback as well as their continued enthusiasm for our products and services, is very important to us. Please know that your comments have been taken seriously and shared with the appropriate Leadership Team.

We genuinely appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us and look forward to your upcoming visit to Walt Disney World.

At the time of their response the menu had not been changed to list the Ham & pineapple instead of bacon. According to the latest reports the menu is now changed. I also had sent an e-mail through the Disney website & got a canned response from someone in the eCommerce Sales and Service Team.

The second email I sent to: WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

OMG I love you for this. Long story, my college besties and I went to Hawaii for our college graduation and they had POG juice there, and we all got so tipsy making it into frozen POG with coconut rum. It was the best night ever, and I've never been able to find it here on the mainland. THANK YOU!!!

Walmart lists as carrying it as well.

I think you will get mixed reviews. Personally, I think it's overpriced breakfast food. Is it good. Yes. It's okay. We've done it once but wouldn't do it again. The ONLY reason we did it was because Stitch is my daughter's favorite character and we missed him at Epcot. This was the only way she could see him. I would have recommended Kona (same location) and I guess I still can. But they removed my very favorite item in all of Disney from their menu. I think there are better breakfast places. Especially for couples. The draw for 'Ohana breakfast is the characters. Food is pretty standard fair. Just my opinion.

Thanks. We've dined at Kona several times in the past and have always loved the meals. Fortunately our trip isn't until the last week in September, so I have time to decide to keep or cancel Ohana breakfast.

You are very welcome! Enjoy!

This would explain how I found a Ohana breakfast last week for the end of September. I'll keep it in hopes that Disney puts the bacon back on the menu.

Edit:
By the way, is this a good breakfast for couples? It is just my wife and I. We're staying at AKL, and have a day visit planned for Epcot. Reservation is at 8:30am. My plan was to take the bus to MK, and then take either the monorail or boat to the Polynesian. Afterwards, walk over to the TTC and ride the monorail to Epcot.

This will be our first time dining at Ohana.

So after reading more "less than positive" reviews, I've cancelled my 8:30 am reservation for Sept. 28, and replaced it with a 8:00 am reservation at Boma. We are staying at AKL so the switch works out for us.

Garden Grill was really good. And a ton of food, the 5 of us didn't finish what was brought to the table, nevermind asking for any extras. The highlight was that Mickey himself showed us to our table. :D

for everyone that has been, do the character interactions stop at a certain time? our breakfast reservation is at 11:55 am and i'm afraid the characters will be gone by then.

Aww, we have never been to 'Ohana breakfast, my daughters love Stitch! I did get an ADR there just so they could get their pics. Maybe I'll check into Chef Mickey's too. We travel in November.

What a bummer all around! We have gone there a few times in the past and loved it, plus we love the Poly in general. I just cancelled our reservation but on the up side, got one at Boma for the same time! We've never been to AKL, so that in and of itself will make it a great breakfast. It's just not worth the chance of keeping the reservation and not seeing Stitch or getting bacon. DH can't eat ham, so that's a definite deal breaker.

What a bummer all around! We have gone there a few times in the past and loved it, plus we love the Poly in general. I just cancelled our reservation but on the up side, got one at Boma for the same time! We've never been to AKL, so that in and of itself will make it a great breakfast. It's just not worth the chance of keeping the reservation and not seeing Stitch or getting bacon. DH can't eat ham, so that's a definite deal breaker.
Everyone gets to see stitch. You get a picture at the entrance and the interaction is good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter