'Ohana for children question

disnemimi

Mimi to 6 Awesome Grandchildren
We have ps for 'Ohana's our first night. I know they list a children's price for kids 3-11 years. Our 3 grandchildren, 5,3, 3 mostly eat just chicken and fries. Will they accomodate with these food items, or will they have to eat the regular dinner food?
Thanks for the help.
Disnemimi

YES! They seemed to be happy to accomodate my picky 7yr old about 10 days ago. You could order seperately, I think it was either a burger, chicken fingers, hot dog, and of course fries. The typical kids meals.
The grown up meal was wonderful, our first time there, we'll be going back!

Glad to know you can order something "special" for the kids, just in case! We are trying Ohanas for the first time on our trip in October. Not sure if my DD would like the food served. I think she'll have a great time with the coconut races and hoola hoops!

We did Ohana in May, our first night as well. I never even thought to check about food for my picky eater. IMHO, the less you have to pay for food your child may decide NOT to eat anyway, the less cranky you'll be!
(Of course, we made the mistake of allowing BIG ice cream at Giradelli's that afternooon. And between that and the distraction created by all the fun and games, only my 13 yr. old DS ate worth paying for anyway! We just force a smile, and say "Oh well!"):rolleyes:

We ate there with our two boys in March (ages 5 and almost 2)...they picked at the food and we asked if it was possible to get a hot dog or two and some fries...no problem "cousin"!! They must have had the dogs and fries served in about 5 minutes- the fastest service ever!! They also had chicken strips and mac and cheese I believe. :D

On our trip in May we wanted to try Ohanas. I wasn't sure about kids meals as they aren't listed on the menu and I have a very picky eater. She eats no meat except what ever is in a hot dog or ham sandwich! So I asked the hostess at the podium, who was very nice, and she said they will get what ever food my picky eater would like. They get everything from Kona Cafe and bring it right over. I asked if that were a problem as I didn't want to be a pain! She said, "Hun, you're in Disney World. We are here for the kids, picky eaters and all!" I was relieved to hear that! So DD got a hot dog and french fries while we dined on the good stuff.

Wow, thank you for all your replies. I am much more relaxed about this meal now. Don't you just love Disney, to want to take care of our picky eaters?????
:D
Mimi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter