'Ohana reservations and Fireworks

maswanson11

Mouseketeer
For our January trip we have 5:40 'Ohana reservations and MK fireworks are at 8:00.
Will we have time to get back to MK to watch fireworks? Or would be better off watching them from the beach at Poly (which we have never done).
Thanks for any advice!

There’s a good chance you will not be seated before 6PM. The meal should take about 75 minutes if you do not take your time or get seconds. That leaves you 45 minutes to catch the monorail, ride the loop and enter the park. It’s going to be tight but it‘s doable.

The last time we ate there, it took 90 minutes from checking in to finishing our meal. You will probably get to MK in time for the fireworks, but, perhaps won't have the best viewing spot. You may want to just wait until after your meal and make a decision then.

With fireworks at 8, I’d vote for strolling the Poly grounds, doing some shopping, etc and watching from the beach. Less stress and worry in case your meal is running long. And viewing from the Poly beach is the next best thing to being in the park, IMO.

Thank you all for the advice!
We may just get our first viewing from the beach!

My advice - while it's tempting to go all the way out on the beach towards the water, I'd hang back towards the concrete path between the Lava Pool / Hawaii longhouse and the beach. While the audio around there lately has been the best I've experienced in years, the volume quickly dies off in spots out on the beach, so closer to the path is usually a safer bet. If you're not happy with show volume when it starts, don't hesitate to move around. It's usually easy enough to maneuver your way to a spot with good audio and view. Have fun.

Just got my reservation switched to 4:35, so now I think we should be able to get back to MK by 7:00?

I have a trip coming up in January. If your reservation is on the 26th, I may be dropping my 3:50 one soon. Boyfriend can't decide between Sanaa and 'Ohana, but he's leaning towards Sanaa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!