• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Ohana solo

MickeyMonstersMom

DIS Veteran
I'm looking forward to my first solo trip in April. In the two days I have to myself there are only two things that I *must* do: explore the World Showcase and eat at 'Ohana. I dine alone on occasion and generally don't feel strange, but I'm not sure about doing so at a place like 'Ohana. Any tips or comments would be greatly appreciated!

I'e never dined solo at 'Ohana, but I might give it a try sometime. The food is very good and it's a very relaxed atmosphere.

i think ohanas is a great choice for a solo diner. if you are lucky enough to get near the window you will have a great view of MK and the castle. and there is the fun of watching the children during their coconut races:p it is not a quiet place but is fun. on my 1st solo trip last spring i ate at a great variety of places and while i enjoyed the buffets, i think i prefered being served. dd and i went to ohanas in dec and i am planning on returning for my next solo trip. have fun planning:D
kathe

'Ohana is great solo! I usually dine there when I'm solo--and when I'm not! ;) It's a busy place with lots going on (coconut races, hula hoop contests for the kids)--so busy that I have never felt self-conscious eating alone. But it's not so busy that I didn't have a relaxing time. Enjoy!!

I would request a seat near the window towards the MK on the side where the races occur. Our view of the kids' activities was completely blocked, and we also were far from the MK view. I don't think I would have been very comfortable sitting there if I were solo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter