OK DISers. Do you know someone personally that has the Virus?

Do You know someone personally with the Virus?

• yes

Votes: 273 55.3%
  • no

Votes: 203 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 3.6%

• Total voters

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
I actually told my two brothers when they stopped over earlier that I would ask this question on my "worldly" DIS so here it is.

Right now, I don't know anyone in my family or circuit of friends that have the Coronavirus.

*** Edited to add......I really do use your replies and thoughts to gauge what can be going on in our world. Many of your replies and opinions over my 20 years here have been very helpful and insightful. Thank you. :goodvibes

Last edited:

I don’t. But my family and friends in various hospital settings surely have.

BTW, take this with a grain of salt since there no formal research study conducted yet. But, the news outlet is a legitimate entity.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3876197
What’s already known widely is that lung scarring and decreased lung function is the outcome for up to 20% of the infected individuals. What this source is saying is that reinfection is possible due to a weakened immune system and the outcome could be even worse the second time if one were lucky to survive the first. Logically, it makes sense, but no formal studies to prove it yet.

A friend is a nurse/administrator at a hospital in Seattle. She has the symptoms and is going to be tested. She's in her late 30's so she has a better chance of beating it than someone in their 80's.

I don’t. But my family and friends in various hospital settings surely have.

BTW, take this with a grain of salt since there no formal research study conducted yet. But, the news outlet is a legitimate entity.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3876197
What’s already known widely is that lung scarring and decreased lung function is the outcome for up to 20% of the infected individuals. What this source is saying is that reinfection is possible due to a weakened immune system and the outcome could be even worse the second time if one were lucky to survive the first. Logically, it makes sense, but no formal studies to prove it yet.

So with my lung function in the 20 some percentile I will probably be a goner if I get this thing......so please use me to answer my question. ;)

No, and today I reached out to three friends in Seattle and their answer was also no. I’m about two hours away from Seattle, and our county has zero cases. And as a pharmacist I believe that number. No one has been into the pharmacy over the last few weeks with respiratory symptoms.

No but my mom may have been exposed. She works at a children’s hospital and one of the doctors who works there came in sick and tested positive for the virus. So she may have gotten from someone who she knows had direct contact with the doctor.

Maybe. I know an elderly person in the hospital who is ill and is awaiting results. She’s tested negative for flu and has all the clinical findings of Covid19.

My brother lives in San Diego. A nasty respiratory virus ran through his house a few weeks ago. All his kids got it, and he just got over it. Was sick for 2 full weeks. It fit all the symptoms for Covid-19. His wife has it now, and they are going to get her tested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter