OK DISers. Do you know someone personally that has the Virus?

Do You know someone personally with the Virus?

• yes

Votes: 273 55.3%
  • no

Votes: 203 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 3.6%

• Total voters
You should repost this as a poll

How Pumbaa? Can you help? Hey and if I can start a poll I can add that to the other thread of what I got out of this (positively). :)

I think I did it but why is my question not showing up on the poll?

I voted yes but it's mostly a 'sorta'. My wife's boss has it. I met him a few times.

A favorite YouTuber (regularly Disney subjects) Jenny Nicholson is a presumptive case but can't get an actual test done.

Nothing local to me though.

I think so. He can’t get a test but his symptoms match & he went to a large concert in mid-March with known infections in our metro area.

Voted No. Here in AL, I don’t know anyone that has it or that has been tested. Honestly just started testing here a few days ago. (I think) Only a few positives so far in our county, I’m sure that will increase now that tests are available.

So, did we have it? Who knows? It was really nasty stuff. We had all had our flu shots (I know that the shots weren't a good match this year). Either way, we are staying in and avoiding others. Based on how both DD and I reacted to whatever we had, we really don't need anything else.

I am so sorry for all of you and glad that you are feeling better.

Being in NYC I know many people that tested positive. The closet is my best friend - who has had symptoms for about 10 days - on and off low grade fever. As other people said - she said this is the worst she has ever felt ever and still feels terrible. I believe my aunt has it but didn't get tested. My cousins have been living with her to take care of her and praying they don't get it.

Praying for everyone to recover quickly!

Not that o know of...yet. I have a couple friends that are nurses and a couple of others that are first responders. So it’s really only a matter of time. And with how many people can be asymmetric while having this, I’m positive people I know have it now but are “healthy.”

Supposedly my cousin had/has it, however he's been feeling better so he's not getting tested. My husband believes that he got it -- though I think both he and I have had the common cold as our symptoms don't seem to be consistent with the virus. Though, it could be that his symptoms are more in line with the virus whereas mine really have just been the common cold.

Information is now coming out of China re: loss of taste/smell -- and it is frequently associated with asymptomatic carriers.
My sister has been seeing that in the ER here in NOLA. She just told me that yesterday. It wasn’t really asymptomatic ppl here though. Many had other symptoms that caused them to go to the er.

Just found out friends of ours tested positive yesterday. Three in the same family so far. Woman who is 50, her mom and dad who are in their 80’s. Apparently, the two women are much sicker than the dad.

It becomes a little more “real” when you have faces to put along with the numbers. And I in no way meant that this isn’t real. It’s awful.

Stay healthy everyone!

My sister has been seeing that in the ER here in NOLA. She just told me that yesterday. It wasn’t really asymptomatic ppl here though. Many had other symptoms that caused them to go to the er.

Praying for strength for your sister, and good healing to those she's helping.

It's not restricted to asymptomatic people. I heard the basketball player patient zero is reporting he has/had lost smell/taste. However the anecdotal information that has been shared from Chinese medical providers to medical providers in the US is that they have noticed many people who are otherwise asymptomatic lose smell/taste and have been found to actually have the virus. Important to know because it can be an indicator someone has it and can infect others even though they don't feel sick at all. All four of us are paying attention to that in our house.

It's not restricted to asymptomatic people. I heard the basketball player patient zero is reporting he has/had lost smell/taste. However the anecdotal information that has been shared from Chinese medical providers to medical providers in the US is that they have noticed many people who are otherwise asymptomatic lose smell/taste and have been found to actually have the virus. Important to know because it can be an indicator someone has it and can infect others even though they don't feel sick at all. All four of us are paying attention to that in our house.

My dad would have no idea. He lost those senses 30+ years ago after polyp surgery.

My dad would have no idea. He lost those senses 30+ years ago after polyp surgery.

Yep, my MIL lost her sense of smell back I think more than 50 years ago from an auto accident and I know of at least two people who lost smell/taste after using Zicam for cold and sinus issues due to the zinc.

On Fri 3/13 we decided to start "sheltering in place" because the schools were cancelled and it just didn't seem right if the kids were home, but I was commuting into downtown Chicago on public transportation everyday. On Mon 3/16, an email was sent to the office building tenants that someone in the building tested positive, but not from my company (we only have 2 floors of a 70+ floor building). That morning my company sent everyone home. Two days later, another email from the office building that someone else, in another elevator bank, tested positive.

I've been home since 3/13. Only been to Target on 3/14 to pick up a prescription. Just didn't want to risk anyone if I was exposed at work. We took a drive on Friday evening, and I was shocked at how many people were out, parking lots were full! Our neighborhood has been quiet since they cancelled school. No kids playing in the front yards, hardly anyone walking by. It's kinda strange.

Last night I heard from the husband of a dear friend who has been suffering from many illnesses for several years, 3 of them life-threatening. She's now in the hospital with respiratory issues. He can't be with her because she's in the COVID-19 area. I was supposed to take her to Disney last August as a "last hurrah" for her, but at the 11th hour her doctors withdrew their support of her going. Breaks my heart that this virus might be what does her in, instead of her peaceful at home with her family.

Praying for strength for your sister, and good healing to those she's helping.

Cabanafrau: Thanks for sharing this important finding!
Great article on Loss of taste and smell and placing yourself in isolation. Spread the word.
https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/co...ss-of-smell-taste-anosmia-self-isolation.html

Last night I heard from the husband of a dear friend who has been suffering from many illnesses for several years, 3 of them life-threatening. She's now in the hospital with respiratory issues. He can't be with her because she's in the COVID-19 area. I was supposed to take her to Disney last August as a "last hurrah" for her, but at the 11th hour her doctors withdrew their support of her going. Breaks my heart that this virus might be what does her in, instead of her peaceful at home with her family.

I am so so sorry about your friend. Praying she recovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter