Ok, Here Are My Reservation

Je-Ree Olenik

Wish Upon A Star
Ok here are my ADRs. These are all for dinner...

Please let me know if these are good restaurants...

Crystal Palace
Skipper Canteen
Coral Reef
50s Prime Time
Frontera Cocina
Planet Hollywood (might change)
Trex (might change)

Thoughts?

Depends on your family's likes and dislikes and what characters are important to you and them .
You're doing 2 restaurants at Disney Springs... Are you planning 2 different shopping days there?
For each and every restaurant you have listed, there are going to be livers and haters, so my opinion is to choose by menu and experience (characters/ambiance etc) and enjoy!

Thanks! No 2 shopping days at disney springs, just heading there after the parks. Appreciate it!

Crystal Palace
Skipper Canteen
Coral Reef
50s Prime Time
Frontera Cocina
Trex (might change)

Thoughts?

We were not big fans of Frontera Cocina's entrees but did enjoy the drinks and appetizers. It's quite popular with families in general so our opinion is distinctly in a minority:D).

T-Rex's sister restaurant, Rainforest, does a great job of impressing from outside the restaurant what with it's erupting volcano but have never eaten at either place. Were it me..........for a place to eat with similar foods, that I couldn't get at home I'd choose Polite Pig or Raglan Road or maybe even Morimoto Asia for lunch when it's 1 TS instead of 2 TS.

Depends on your family's likes and dislikes and what characters are important to you and them .
You're doing 2 restaurants at Disney Springs... Are you planning 2 different shopping days there?
For each and every restaurant you have listed, there are going to be livers and haters, so my opinion is to choose by menu and experience (characters/ambiance etc) and enjoy!
Smart woman post! Just want to point out there are still a lot of things to do at Disney Springs what with the street musicians, interactive artwork and such. The best way to decide if 2 visits make good use of your time is to check the calendar at Disney Springs to see what's happening when you'll be there:

https://www.disneysprings.com/activities/

TRex was just loved by my kids the last time we went, BIG loud and crowded, reminded me of the Rainforest cafe, same kind of food, with no kids I would NEVER eat there.......:(

Crystal Palace
Skipper Canteen
Coral Reef
50s Prime Time
Frontera Cocina
Trex (might change)

Thoughts?

Crystal Palace - nice character meal - we enjoyed it. I wouldn't eat there without kids, too busy.
Skipper Canteen - Love, love love it. Plenty of choices on the kids menu if you have picky eaters.
Coral Reef - One of our "must dos". Love both the food and atmosphere
50s Prime Time - Did not care for it. busy, rushed, our waiter was off - we had to wait for long periods of time. Others love it though. I was also disappointed in the food.
Frontera Cocina - nice place to eat
Planet Hollywood (might change) - haven't eaten there in a long time. It's ok.
Trex (might change) - Of the 2, I like Rainforest Cafe better. But, we have girls.
When we take the grandkids, we do a lot of character meals. Eliminates a lot of autograph waiting time.

Reviews are going to be all over the place, different things appeal to different people. I generally give places at least another try if the first visit was a disappointment (unless it's really, really bad) and others might say "it's once and done for me!" so keep that in mind.

Crystal Palace- we have not been in a long time, but did enjoy breakfast. Nothing great, we liked it just fine.
Skipper Canteen- we love it here
Coral Reef- we really don't like it here at all. I've given it a few chances and at this point not even the atmosphere is worth it to me.
50s Prime Time- I like the atmosphere, the food is okay. I don't hate it, but we prefer Sci-Fi Dine In.
Frontera Cocina- have not been
Planet Hollywood (might change)- not bad, but not a top choice. It's not really all that special.
Trex (might change)- it's loud, and the food is nothing special. It's another "not bad, but not a top choice" for us.

Have you firmed up your plans a bit more or still thinking? I know how hard it is to do this before your FP window opens.

yup i did make some changes!

Crystal Palace
Mama Melrose
Coral Reef
50s Prime Time
Frontera Cocina
Planet Hollywood
Skipper Canteen

Reviews are going to be all over the place, different things appeal to different people. I generally give places at least another try if the first visit was a disappointment (unless it's really, really bad) and others might say "it's once and done for me!" so keep that in mind.

Crystal Palace- we have not been in a long time, but did enjoy breakfast. Nothing great, we liked it just fine.
Skipper Canteen- we love it here
Coral Reef- we really don't like it here at all. I've given it a few chances and at this point not even the atmosphere is worth it to me.
50s Prime Time- I like the atmosphere, the food is okay. I don't hate it, but we prefer Sci-Fi Dine In.
Frontera Cocina- have not been
Planet Hollywood (might change)- not bad, but not a top choice. It's not really all that special.
Trex (might change)- it's loud, and the food is nothing special. It's another "not bad, but not a top choice" for us.

We've been to Coral Reef: my daughter liked it the food was meh but we were seated right next to the tank so they were forgiven, i want to give it another shot.
We love 50s prime time, something about at home food while on vacation
Frontera Cocina - my daughter loves, i can get maybe nachos but trying to be more adventurous
Skipper - again daughter loved
Crystal Palace - not memorable
the rest haven't tried.

thanks so much for your reviews, even tho we've been to some i love to hear others feedback, plus its been two years, things could have changed

The only two I have been two are below:
Planet Hollywood - I always like this one but not everyone does. Nothing really special about this one versus any other planet hollywood across the country.
Trex - Ironically we were just talking about this one. I have three little boys obsessed with dinosaurs so this one is a MUST for us. I personally am not a huge fan of the food, its not bad but its not amazing either. I prefer rainforest cafe food to Trex. Both restaurants are very similar in feel tho, one is rainforest animals and the other is dinosaurs. Its a nice place for kids tho because I don't have to worry as much about the noise level of excited kids. If it were just my husband and I we would pass on this one honestly.

We've been to Coral Reef: my daughter liked it the food was meh but we were seated right next to the tank so they were forgiven, i want to give it another shot.
We love 50s prime time, something about at home food while on vacation
Frontera Cocina - my daughter loves, i can get maybe nachos but trying to be more adventurous
Skipper - again daughter loved
Crystal Palace - not memorable
the rest haven't tried.

thanks so much for your reviews, even tho we've been to some i love to hear others feedback, plus its been two years, things could have changed
I hear you there, I like to give places another try and things do change over time. I'm always looking for recent feedback as well (case in point- I was reading an awful review of a QS location we love the other day. It was written maybe 2 days ago, but based on someone's only visit there 5 years ago. I'm not saying that isn't relevant, but if I hadn't known they were talking about 5 years ago I might have wondered if something had really changed for the worse there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!