• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK I Need To Know EVERYTHING About EuroDisney

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
My suster has just told me that for my.....aaahhmmm 30th bithday (ITS A GOOD 14 MONTHS AWAY YET ---- HONEST!!!) She is going to take me to Euro Disney. All expences paid, and no expences spared :D .

So i need to know everything!! I have been before but my memory is blurred by my WDW trips :D .

So what are the best hotels to stay on site at?
Which are the best resturants to make PS's at (if you need too - i dont know)?
Which are the best web sites to check out?
Tips?
Hints?
A company like gifts of a lifetime that deliver to the Disney hotels?
Lists of on-site dinning?
EVERYTHING:bounce:

Please help!

Emma

You lucky thing!

If money is no object stay at the Disneyland Hotel. It is in the best possible location: directly above the entry gates to the Disneyland park, and no more than a few minutes stroll from the Walt Disney Studios.

If you have a choice, travel to DLP by the direct Eurostar service from London. It is a much more convenient way to travel than flying, and far less stressful. I think the best time to visit DLP is during its summer opening hours - this year from 8 July to 1 September. The added fleexibilty that you get from the long day (9am to 11pm) more than compensates for the high attendance at the parks.

DLP does not operate a PS system like WDW. In fact there is lots that is different about the Paris resort, so try not to make too many assumptions that everything will be the same. In many cases things are better, and in many cases things are worse than at WDW. We normally make our restaurant reservations when we arrive at the park; you coiuld ask the hotel concierge desk to do this for you. Our favourite restaurants in the park are Walt's and theBlue Lagoon.

A good website to check out is http://www.dlp-guidebook.de/index_e.htm

Regards

Rob

Thanks Rob for so much information!

Can I ask why its better to go on Euro Star other then flying? To be honest Ive never been on Euro star and I am a little frightened of it :rolleyes:

Thanks again

Emma

Ps.thanks also for the link.

The Eurostar takes you right to the gates of the park, whereas the aiport is a good hours transfer on the shuttle bus - we flew because we live in Newcastle and the Eurostar is not convenient and the shuttle bus was a nightmare - If you do fly and money is not a big deal then I would get a taxi from the airport.

Bev

As Bev said, the train station is right at the park's gates. In fact, it is closer to both the theme parks at DLP than all of the Disney hotels with the exception of the Disneyland Hotel!! Check-in for the Eurostar is only 30 minutes before departure, compared to at least 90 minutes when flying. As Bev knows, the shuttle bus from the airport (which you have to pay for) can be a tedious journey. For us it is actually quicker to travel by train than to fly. If you book a package and travel by Eurostar there is a great system where your luggage is collected from you at the train station and taken directly to your hotel, leaving you free to go straight to the parks. This is yet another reason to go by Eurostar.

You should have no worries about travelling on the Eurostar. It is a quiet and smooth train ride, and you hardly know that you are travelling through the tunnel especially if your journey is after dark. I can't recommend it highly enough, and if you can get to London easily it is the only sensible way to get to DLP! You won't regret taking the train, and there really is nothing to worry about.

Finally, if you are thinking about visiting DLP during a busy period (any school holiday for example), I recommend that you book as soon as you know what dates you want to travel on. DLP's hotels have the highest occupancy rates of any hotel chain in Europe, and frequently book out during high season. To increase capacity another four hotels and a vacation villa resort are due to be built at DLP in the next couple of years, but in the meantime it is best to book early.

Regards

Rob

I've never had a problem catching the bus to DLP. After grabbing my baggage, I just pop outside the airport and find the bus stop, (which isn't at all difficult - after all, I can find it!). The bus runs every 40 mins, but the longest I have ever waited is 10 mins, and I swear it only took about 30 mins to reach my hotel. You can tell when the bus is due, as the little helper arrives first in his Citroen!
(The driver was grumpy though.....I don't mean the dwarf!)
Depending on which package you take, the bus fare is sometimes included in your flight/accommodation price.
There are some very cheap air prices at present on airlines such as Buzz, Go and Easyjet depending on where you wish to fly from.
To cut down further on your waiting time at the airport, you could always do what I sometimes do when I am on a quick jaunt....I just take hand luggage, so I don't have to wait at the carousel, (not the one with the pretty ponies on in Disney, I mean the one at the airport!). That way I can just wear my dancing gear in the hope of being spotted!!!!

Yours Truly

Hi Truly

I wonder if you flew into a different terminal from us - I am not exaggarating when I say it took us 30 minutes to leave the airport complex - we drove around at least 3 terminals picking up other people before we even set off for DLP and that took most of the time - then of course, ours was one of the last hotels for drop-off at the other end, so we got a nice view of the Newport Bay, The Seqoia, The Santa Fe and the New York before we were dropped off at the Cheyenne - So the actual on the road time may have only been 30 minutes, but the entire process took far too long.

Bev

Hi Bev - you could be right there, about a different terminal! (Was this CDG?) There were already people on the bus when I got on it, and I have never had to drive around the airport picking up others! No idea which terminal I fly into though!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter