OK now wer'e in a studio! dinners?

tripletvan

DIS Veteran
OK I am spoiled and always thought, studio I could do that with no problem but now that the shoe is on the other foot and I have waitlisted for a 1 bedroom and it hasn't come through..,

Here's the real question, Dinner. Besides pasta anyone have anything unique?

I will be bringing my hot plate & electric fry pan and plan on using the grill as much as possible.

Dinner is the meal we eat out. Breakfast and lunch is so much easier in the studios! Can you find some frozen meals that can be nuked? Although the freezer isn't huge either! I'll be interested to hear some responses!

Get some rotisserie chickens and sides at a local supermarket deli. There have been several posts about this in the past, I'll try to search and bump them, but they will probably be on the other DVC board. Also, check the budget board there are several threads over there on meals in your room. Have a great time, we love the studios. Just remember that they are better than most regular hotel rooms!

Okay, I just bumped two threads on the DVC board for you (unless of course one of the moderators moves them to this one).

The undercounter refrigerator may be the stopping point for lots of meal planning. The freezer portion is very small and doesn't free all that well. The rest of the refrigerator is big enough for milk, juice, sandwich meat, etc, but you will need to make frequent trips to the store.

I'm thinking the electric fry pan could be against fire code. You may want to check before bringing it. Just a thought.

Originally posted by tripletvan
OK I am spoiled and always thought, studio I could do that with no problem but now that the shoe is on the other foot and I have waitlisted for a 1 bedroom and it hasn't come through..,

Here's the real question, Dinner. Besides pasta anyone have anything unique?

I will be bringing my hot plate & electric fry pan and plan on using the grill as much as possible.

We are almost always in a studio, because usually it's just two travelling. You are coming to Hilton Head, correct? The studios are quite large at HH and the kitchenette part in most of them has more counter space then at the Disney resorts.

I don't do a lot of studio cooking, but an electric frypan will certainly work for cooked breakfasts. We pretty much eat simple things like sandwiches and fruit for lunch, and cereal, bagels, toast, cheeses, yoghurts and juices and coffees for breakfast. I rarely, almost never, eat bacon or eggs at home so we don't miss them.

For dinner, there are so many dining choices in the area, with early bird options that I don't worry much about cooking. I do have an electric cooking pot - not a slow cooker - that you can make soups or stews or fondue in. We've gotten rotisserie chicken and a stick of french bread, or sometimes corn bread plus a couple of sides as a quick meal. I've never cooked pasta in the room as some have mentioned.

Have a wonderful visit. One more week and we will be there!

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter