Okay to park a rental car in Cruise port parking lot?

hulagirl

DIS Veteran
Just wondering? We are going to be at Disney for Thanksgiving and then on the 7-day Eastern Carribean cruise and back to Disney for a day or 2. Believe it or not, I can get a rental (including cost of parking for the week) for just slightly less than a towncar would cost us for 4 legs (mco to BWV, BWV to Port Canaveral, Port Canaveral to BWV and BWV to mco) Are there any regulations against parking a rental in the port parking lot?

I hope not! We did the same thing. It seems like a waste, but we had a similar situation & the cost was lower. It was nice having our own car when we needed it! We also left a suitcase of park clothing in the trunk. One less thing to carry! :)

No. There is no way for them to tell whether you drove up in a rental car or your own. You might want to check the rates for dropping off the car at Cape Canaveral rental office and picking it up when you get back from the cruise. The one-way car rental between CC and Orlando is not that much more. It's definitely cheaper that way for a 7-day cruise. That's what we're doing on our 5/10 trip.

Don't forget there's a $10 a day charge for parking at the port. With that in mind, is it still cheaper to park it rather than return it for the week?

Rent at Avis @ MCO & you can drop off @ the Radisson right before cruise. You can drop off your party, with luggage. The driver takes the car to Avis at the Radisson. They can take the shuttle back. The shuttle is always running.

When you disembark the cruise, take the shuttle back to Avis & pick up your reserved car.

We did this on our last cruise & it was easy. We stayed at BWV too. The Port is about an hour's drive, maybe less - No parking fees & you don't have to pay for a rental while you're gone.

The code for the Avis at Port Canaveral is P3F when you make ressies on the AVIS site.

Hope this helps!

:cool:

We parked our rental also. It was much cheaper to park it for 4 days. We used it 1 day pre and 2 after so the weekly rate was cheap, compared to the day rate that was very high. It was very convient to be able to grab the car and head out, we were at MGM by 10:30.

Although it is often cheaper to get one-way rentals to/from the port, sometimes, with weekly rates, it is actually cheaper to get a car for the duration and park it... even when you take the $10/day parking fee into consideration. If so, go for it, but you would want to compare the cost of this compared to one-way rentals before you make your final decision.

I have info on one-way car rentals at my web site...

www.dcltribute.com/carhire

Hi hulagirl,
I just noticed you posted that you'll be going back to WDW for two days after your cruise. E-mail me about your vacation schedule in November/December...maybe we can still meet up!!!

Hey everybody!
:D Thanks so much for the replies! Because we are traveling at Thanksgiving, it is actually cheaper for our time period to rent a car for the whole time and pay to park. I've tried every combination I can think of and it still comes out cheaper to do this. Renting for 4 days at Thanksgiving is as expensive as renting for the whole time period. I am going to try the 1-way rental at Avis along with a towncar to and from the airport and see if that helps! Thank you again for all the suggestions.

Hi JOC!:D I'll send you an email!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter