OKW a step back to the 70s

kid-at-heart

DIS Veteran
What the heck, we just stayed in one of the refurbished one bedrooms at OKW and I swear the decor is as bad as a furnished rental I lived in during the 70s. There is nothing Old Key West or Beachy themed in the orange/yellow/blue/green decor. I also hate that there is not a comforter available. Even Hampton Inns provide their guests with comforters. Bed was comfortable but I wanted the weight and warmth of a comforter. I miss the "old" decor of OKW, back in the day...

Seventies colored chair:

IMG_4181.jpg

Seventies colored blinds (hate raising and lower these):
IMG_4179 copy.jpg

And the ugliest rug you can imagine.

IMG_4178 copy.jpg

What building were you in? Just wondering how far along the refurb is at. Not crazy about it either.

We typically stay 1BR for the two of us. One of the first things we do anymore is get the blanket from the hide a bed kit for the King. Like you we want some weight of covering.

My only problem is with the blinds and the "cord" to open and close them. Can't imagine this lasting long!

My only problem is with the blinds and the "cord" to open and close them. Can't imagine this lasting long!
Those have been there since the renovation in 2010. It's a child safety issue and you can hardly get blinds with just cords. They would be fine if they were just a big longer and you could pull from the top and go all the way to the bottom. It would take fewer pulls to open them all the way up or to close them completely.

It's like two different identities fighting for control.... step to the right, grey/blue muted tones on the walls in the master bedroom and bath, but walk right in and your dining chair cover is made from left over Mexican sombrero material. HAVE THESE DESIGNERS EVER BEEN TO KEY WEST?

And, you would be wrong.... we've had them for many, many years, sturdy comes to mind, I love light, crank, crank, crank in the morning, and crank, crank crank at night!

It's like two different identities fighting for control.... step to the right, grey/blue muted tones on the walls in the master bedroom and bath, but walk right in and your dining chair cover is made from left over Mexican sombrero material. HAVE THESE DESIGNERS EVER BEEN TO KEY WEST?
That's where I've seen that fabric before. The Roman Shades look like a serape without a hole for the head.

Except OKW never had this style before. I looks more like BLT or the Contemporary. I think that the designer either was a relative of some Disney bigshot or graduated last in the class.

But isn't the theming of OKW supposed to be like BLT or the Contemporary (note my sarcasm) or just about anywhere? And I keep thinking of those Design shows, and figure the designer of OKW was the loser.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!