OKW Categories

s.r.disney nut

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if building #62 is considered a Hospitality House area request? We stayed there in August and liked the location but not sure what to request.

Does anyone know if building #62 is considered a Hospitality House area request? We stayed there in August and liked the location but not sure what to request.
Nope. Not near Hospitality House. Those are 11-14 And 23-26.

Since 62, 63, and 64 are the only buildings with elevators, I've heard that they sometimes reserve those for people who really need the elevator. However, every time I have requested to be in 62, 63, or 64, I have always had my request met. I might be done requesting those buildings though. 62 and 64 are great. But we had a studio in 63 once that was right next to the road where the buses pull in and it was SO loud.

Since 62, 63, and 64 are the only buildings with elevators, I've heard that they sometimes reserve those for people who really need the elevator. However, every time I have requested to be in 62, 63, or 64, I have always had my request met. I might be done requesting those buildings though. 62 and 64 are great. But we had a studio in 63 once that was right next to the road where the buses pull in and it was SO loud.

Really? That would be terrific. We've always requested one of the elevator buildings or first floor, and always gotten first floor. Last trip, we FINALLY got an elevator building, but it was a transfer after we had housekeeping/mechanical problems with our assigned room. We loved it. You give me encouragement that we might get one again.

Really? That would be terrific. We've always requested one of the elevator buildings or first floor, and always gotten first floor. Last trip, we FINALLY got an elevator building, but it was a transfer after we had housekeeping/mechanical problems with our assigned room. We loved it. You give me encouragement that we might get one again.

I have requested this area 4 times. And I have stayed in it all 4 times :-) And the 4 trips were at various time of year - Sept, Sept, Easter weekend, and June. Now that we mostly stay in one bedrooms, I just request a building number of 30 or higher so I can get the dual bathroom entrance, and that's my only request. For us, that's more important than proximity to HH. My favorite studio in all of OKW was in building 62. If we ever move back to studios, I'll request it again! Ha.

While we know HH is a booking category, you don’t always get it. I just returned this weekend and booked a studio HH category, but when I checked in I was put in one of the 60s building area. I told the CM that I knew that was not HH, and he said they oversold the HH category. While the 60s isn’t so bad, this is the SECOND time this year this happened to me. Both times I checked in after 6:00pm. So I guess if you check in early, you don’t get bumped out of your booking category. But if you check in later, you may not get what you booked. I actually had to waitlist to get the HH category room, but that was a waste of my time it seems.

While we know HH is a booking category, you don’t always get it. I just returned this weekend and booked a studio HH category, but when I checked in I was put in one of the 60s building area. I told the CM that I knew that was not HH, and he said they oversold the HH category. While the 60s isn’t so bad, this is the SECOND time this year this happened to me. Both times I checked in after 6:00pm. So I guess if you check in early, you don’t get bumped out of your booking category. But if you check in later, you may not get what you booked. I actually had to waitlist to get the HH category room, but that was a waste of my time it seems.
Oh, I once checked in in the afternoon, with a HH Studio reservation, but was given a room in I think building 27. I complained, but got no where. The good news was that after being locked out of the room, and then water pouring out of the ceiling near the kitchenette, the "runner" who was helping me with the room declared the situation "unacceptable," and I was bumped up to a 1 bedroom for my 3 nights. Also not HH, but hey, I wasn't going to complain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter