OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I am trying to decide on whether or not to just take the time to grocery shop after arriving at our resort, or does it make sense to order through Green Grocer. Is the Publix close to OKW ? What do others do? We want to eat all of our breakfasts at the resort, then will eat out for all the rest!

I am trying to decide on whether or not to just take the time to grocery shop after arriving at our resort, or does it make sense to order through Green Grocer. Is the Publix close to OKW ? What do others do? We want to eat all of our breakfasts at the resort, then will eat out for all the rest!
We always have a vehicle, so I'm the one to make the run to Publix for our limited groceries. I find it very easy to make that quick run to the store. We usually head to the one closest to OKW which is at Regency Square (close to the outlet mall and HGVC Tuscany). I'll head out on Epcot Center Dr which becomes 536 until I get to International Drive (going N). If you keep going straight, you'll wind up at the airport. At the light before the airport signs, you turn left on I-Drive. Take that until you get to Regency Square (it's on the left side of the road). There is a left turn signal at Regency Square. I think this way is much better than going through Disney Springs and 535.

Thanks! This is our first time trying a DVC property. My husband works for ESPN/Disney, which is why we were able to afford this, and it helps to have the extra room/walls with three young adults in our family. I am thrilled to have the kitchen for fixing quick breakfasts as well ! Can't wait !!
I'm a former CM of Disney/ESPN... sure do miss the benefits :(

Question for all OKW experts! I am a soon to be AKV owner... and looking to book a GV for Dec 26-jan1 Christmas 2019... I will have enough points to do this by banking and borrowing if I stay at OKW... I don't have enough points to stay in any other GV. So, million dollar question is how hard is it to book OKV GV for that time of year at 7 months?

Thanks in advance for your advice!! KIM

Question for all OKW experts! I am a soon to be AKV owner... and looking to book a GV for Dec 26-jan1 Christmas 2019... I will have enough points to do this by banking and borrowing if I stay at OKW... I don't have enough points to stay in any other GV. So, million dollar question is how hard is it to book OKV GV for that time of year at 7 months?

Unlikely. This year for example, everything at OKW is sold out and has been for some time and the 7 month window isn't here yet. December is the most popular time of the year for DVC resorts and that week is particularly difficult to get after 11 months.

Unlikely. This year for example, everything at OKW is sold out and has been for some time and the 7 month window isn't here yet. December is the most popular time of the year for DVC resorts and that week is particularly difficult to get after 11 months.
Wow! Well, thank you very much for answering my question.... really appreciate it!!

Also consider that there are only 27 Grand Villas at OKW. While that may seem adequate, when you consider their point cost relative to 2 bedroom units at some other resorts, you can understand why they are difficult to book.

I am new to this forum post. We just booked OKW for early December. I have had my car since horrible buses at POR 5 years ago. This trip we will be flying in. I have done quick calculations on the scenarios. The price difference for 2 beers alone is the RT cost for an Uber. I am just going to Uber to the closest grocery store. GG charges $14 to deliver and their prices are about $2-$5+ over the cost per item. That is a hefty increase. Easier for me to just pay $15-$20 to Uber. I can pick out my fruit, beer/wine, and breakfast items.

Heading home again in August!!! Just booked a cabana at Typhoon Lagoon. Tomorrow is day 60 so I will be on the computer at 7:00 am to book fast passes. Kids can't wait to ride the Avatar flight. I was lucky enough to be there in May and it was AWESOME!!!!

Hello OKW lovers. Looking for some tips/advice. We are a party of 8. 5 adults, 7 yr old and 2 18 month olds We will be staying in a 2 bedroom villa from 9/7-9/16. Rented directly from Disney (got free dining so it was a huge savings)

Where should I request a room. Would like to avoid steps with two strollers and an adult with bad knees

Best tip you have to share about the resort....

We are so excited this is our first stay here. Usually do beach club or POR

Hello OKW lovers. Looking for some tips/advice. We are a party of 8. 5 adults, 7 yr old and 2 18 month olds We will be staying in a 2 bedroom villa from 9/7-9/16. Rented directly from Disney (got free dining so it was a huge savings)

Where should I request a room. Would like to avoid steps with two strollers and an adult with bad knees

Best tip you have to share about the resort....

We are so excited this is our first stay here. Usually do beach club or POR

Ask to be in the Hospitality house area if possible. That way you are closer to the main pool. If there is no availability there, I always as for the Turtle pond pool area. You will love OKW, rooms are much bigger and the relaxed atmosphere will have you coming back again and again.

Ask to be in the Hospitality house area if possible. That way you are closer to the main pool. If there is no availability there, I always as for the Turtle pond pool area. You will love OKW, rooms are much bigger and the relaxed atmosphere will have you coming back again and again.
Near HH is a booking category for points, not available for cash reservations. Best advice would be to request first floor villa in Turtle Pond or South Point.

I know that you get daily turn down if you are paying cash (like we are) but does that include coffee packets or just toiletry items and standard cleaning? I need to know if my stepdad should plan to bring coffee with him.

I know that you get daily turn down if you are paying cash (like we are) but does that include coffee packets or just toiletry items and standard cleaning? I need to know if my stepdad should plan to bring coffee with him.

To clarify - It's daily housekeeping, not turn down which would be them coming in early evening to get the room set up in preparation of sleep. During the daily housekeeping they would replenish the coffee/tea too.

To clarify - It's daily housekeeping, not turn down which would be them coming in early evening to get the room set up in preparation of sleep. During the daily housekeeping they would replenish the coffee/tea too.

Thanks! You're totally right about the vocabulary, didn't even think about the fact that I was using the wrong terminology. :rotfl2:

Thinking about eating at Olivia's on arrival day, after we've checked in and put our things away, do we have to have Ressies? thanks

Olivia's typically doesn't require reservations. What time would you be getting there?

That shouldn't be any problem at all. Don't bother getting an ADR. That way if you run into flight problems you won't have to worry about being charged for a no-show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter