OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

What if any for 4 males would be the advantage of a lock off as opposed to dedicated 2 bdrm when we are asking?
There really wouldn't be if it is just 4 of you.
We are getting a lock off so our son and his friends will have their own entrance into the condo without having to walk through the living room area waking up our other son and his friend when they come in late.

What if any for 4 males would be the advantage of a lock off as opposed to dedicated 2 bdrm when we are asking?

Only if the extra balcony in the lockoff studio is important. Main balcony is certainly big enough for your whole group but if someone in the lockoff studio side wanted a small balcony there then so be it.

We are staying one night after our cruise in OKW and I am totally jealous of the online room request choices y’all have! I was so surprised to see area choices since I am so used to seeing upper/lower floor as the only choice.

It’s our first time at OKW and the waitlist filled for a regular studio (not near HH) so what is the suggested request? My first thoughts were Turtle Pond or Peninsula.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last visit we were in a 2 bedroom in 46 on the second floor that looked out over the river. Have to say it was one of the best villas we have ever stayed in; little to no noise at all, great view, easy walk to both HH and the Turtle Pond pool, and easy bus stops to choose from. Would totally stay there again, and we asked too when we return in June.
Building 46 sounds nice! Like quieter locations, this seems great!

Turtle pond snack store...does anyone know if it will be open in the early part of September? We will be there 9/7-9/11.

It was fabulous. I had wanted to stay in one of those so I was happy to finally snag one.
You indicated that there was little street noise. I read a review today on Trip Advisor, which didn't specify the building, but said that there was a lot of street noise in their unit. I am more of a "light sleeper", so a lot of street noise won't work for me.

You indicated that there was little street noise. I read a review today on Trip Advisor, which didn't specify the building, but said that there was a lot of street noise in their unit. I am more of a "light sleeper", so a lot of street noise won't work for me.
The problem is, what is noisy to some may not even be noticed by others. It is safe to say there will be at least some noise, street, fireworks, transportation/boats/monorail in almost every single room anywhere on Walt DIsney World property. If there is a private function at Typhoon Lagoon, there is likely to be noise from that at OKW or SSR, as well. Much depends not just on location, but atmospheric conditions as well. Sometimes you'll hear EPCOT fireworks at OKW, sometimes you don't. The noise has rarely been enough to make any difference to me, at OKW in any building, with the exception of the GayDays party at Typhoon Lagoon, some years that was really loud, other years, not so much. But your experience may be completely different.

We heard every bus leaving South Point (and their brakes squealing) when we were in Bldg 45.

at building 45, I think it's the stop sign that causes the bus noise. You might also get a few boat horns as well. Unless you're on the balcony you should not hear much if any noise.

We were in building 46 on the 2nd floor 2 bedrooms with balcony facing the riverway and David and I remember commenting on the fact that it was rather quiet for being on the "main" road. Maybe because we were in the middle of the grouping. I find that the end buildings tend to be noisier. Just my view. But no building is worse than 29 on the end!!! Now that is noisy.

Living in NYC, hearing complaints of "street noise" at Old Key West really makes me giggle.

and having stayed at All stars where all your neighbors bathroom flushes are etched into you memory each day....

I do agree with the middle of the building really blocking out exterior noise. Building 42 is pretty close to Bonnett Creek Road but we never heard it in our inside 2BR.

Living in NYC, hearing complaints of "street noise" at Old Key West really makes me giggle.
Giggle all you like. We used to live in the country in Eastern Montana and had no traffic at all on the road that went past our house except for a horse or some cattle or maybe our only neighbor to the East. We were a mile and a half from our mailbox on the highway and twelve miles from town. Then we moved to a one block long dead end street in Louisiana and the only traffic was the people who lived on the street.

We were in building 46 on the 2nd floor 2 bedrooms with balcony facing the riverway and David and I remember commenting on the fact that it was rather quiet for being on the "main" road. Maybe because we were in the middle of the grouping. I find that the end buildings tend to be noisier. Just my view. But no building is worse than 29 on the end!!! Now that is noisy.

So, in 46, did you walk to the Turtle pond bus stop or the South Point?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter