OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Got moved to OKW for late July, got a 2BR villa and we're excited! Any suggestions on location requests? We are a family of 6...2 adults and 4 kids ages 6 to 13.

Got moved to OKW for late July, got a 2BR villa and we're excited! Any suggestions on location requests? We are a family of 6...2 adults and 4 kids ages 6 to 13.
I should also clarify my previous post. I’m assuming that Hospitality House was not an option. If it is, then you would be close to the main pool and dining locations. If not, I would pick up some snacks and drinks for the room.

Go with Turtle Pond or South Point. They will have an additional door to the master bathroom through the laundry room so the kids won't have to go through the bedroom (if the second bathroom in the second bedroom is occupied). Any building numbered 30 or higher. Turtle Pond has a larger pool with a small counter service. South Point and Millers Road do not have a counter service at their pools.

Has anyone stayed at OKW since the reopening? We'll be there the first week of August!
- Any idea what the main pool hours are? (It sounds like the quiet pools will be 24 hours which is awesome!)
- Are the BBQ areas at the quiet pools open for use?
- Are Surrey bikes still available for rent?

In the Grand Villas, is there one thermostat for the entire villa? Or, does the main floor have its own, and then a separate one for the top floor?

Thanks!

Has anyone stayed at OKW since the reopening? We'll be there the first week of August!
- Any idea what the main pool hours are? (It sounds like the quiet pools will be 24 hours which is awesome!)

In the Grand Villas, is there one thermostat for the entire villa? Or, does the main floor have its own, and then a separate one for the top floor?

Thanks!
I've heard the grills are not available to use at this time.

Thanks!
We check in tomorrow. I will let you know!

We stayed in building 28, in a 2 BR villa, and my 4 yo DGD had no trouble making the brief walk to the main pool with Grandpa.

Anyone know if Grand Villas can be booked if you're not DVC? Or can you get a guarantee of getting one if you book through an outside vendor?

Anyone know if Grand Villas can be booked if you're not DVC? Or can you get a guarantee of getting one if you book through an outside vendor?

You can certainly rent a Grand Villa through a DVC Member or a Rental Broker. As there are 27 Grand Villas at OKW, availability can be somewhat limited, depending upon the season. And it certainly never hurts to ask Disney cash reservations if any are available through them. But again, availability would be limited.

You can certainly rent a Grand Villa through a DVC Member or a Rental Broker. As there are 27 Grand Villas at OKW, availability can be somewhat limited, depending upon the season. And it certainly never hurts to ask Disney cash reservations if any are available through them. But again, availability would be limited.
The OKW GVs are the cheapest point-wise, so they often get booked up before seven months out. Most of the GVs start on the second floor and two of the three bedrooms are on the third floor of the building. Only three buildings have elevators and only one of them has a GV, two actually, with one a HCA GV.

The OKW GVs are the cheapest point-wise, so they often get booked up before seven months out. Most of the GVs start on the second floor and two of the three bedrooms are on the third floor of the building. Only three buildings have elevators and only one of them has a GV, two actually, with one a HCA GV.

We are booked in a HCA GV - so would this be either the one in building 63 (elevator) or the one in building 48 (ground floor entrance)?

And then additionally, there is another GV in building 63 that is non-HCA?

We are booked in a HCA GV - so would this be either the one in building 63 (elevator) or the one in building 48 (ground floor entrance)?

And then additionally, there is another GV in building 63 that is non-HCA?
I thought both GVs in bldg 63 were HCA, but maybe not. Either way, yes, you will be in bldg 48 or 63. And in both cases, the entire unit is not accessible, only the main floor, not the upstairs bedrooms.

Thanks!
Main pool hours are 11-9.
Surrey bikes are available for rent.
Not sure about BBQ areas at the quiet pools yet. We are in HH area.

I've heard reports that the BBQ grills are closed...but that may or may not be true. I wouldn't plan on barbecue until you arrive and check the status.

I've heard reports that the BBQ grills are closed...but that may or may not be true. I wouldn't plan on barbecue until you arrive and check the status.
Makes no sense. Heat would kill the virus, along with the ultraviolet light. I have yet to use a barbecue in all of our trips though. Too busy in the parks and pool.

I've used them, they are charcoal. But maybe, IF they are closed, it is a social distancing by the pool thing? But you're right, it doesn't make a lot of sense...so it may just be a false rumor. But still best to find out for sure before buying stuff for it.

Is there a way to tell if you get placed in a dedicated 2 bedroom before you get to your room? Is there a list somewhere of which rooms are dedicated vs lock off? We really want/need the extra vanity in the dedicated 2 bedroom rather than the kitchenette. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!