OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Is there a way to tell if you get placed in a dedicated 2 bedroom before you get to your room? Is there a list somewhere of which rooms are dedicated vs lock off? We really want/need the extra vanity in the dedicated 2 bedroom rather than the kitchenette. Thank you!
Your reservation should indicate which type of room you have. It should either say "2-Bedroom Villa" or "2-Bedroom Lockoff Villa".

I have a cash reservation, will that type specify lockoff? It sounds silly, but there are 4 teen/adults females (plus 2 men) and we need all the vanities that we can get, LOL.

I have a cash reservation, will that type specify lockoff? It sounds silly, but there are 4 teen/adults females (plus 2 men) and we need all the vanities that we can get, LOL.
I think that if it does not say kickoff that it is a dedicated 2BR villa. But to be sure, I would call and verify.

Makes no sense. Heat would kill the virus, along with the ultraviolet light. I have yet to use a barbecue in all of our trips though. Too busy in the parks and pool.
Like a lot of the Covid guidance.

Usually they will put everyone in a dedicated two bedroom first before putting guests in lockoffs.

Main pool hours are 11-9.
Surrey bikes are available for rent.
Not sure about BBQ areas at the quiet pools yet. We are in HH area.

Thank you! Hope you’re having a great time!

I’m curious what the occupancy will be like the first week of August. Availability looks to still be wide open for that time!

Thank you! Hope you’re having a great time!

I’m curious what the occupancy will be like the first week of August. Availability looks to still be wide open for that time!
Occupancy has gone down in the buildings around the HH since we arrived on Monday. I’m sure more people were here for the 4th.

Guys, I am so bummed! Last night, I bought an OKW mug at the general store. Today, when we got home, I put it in the sink with some other dishes and the lighthouse peeled off!! I didn’t know it was just a decal. I was hand washing like it said on the bottom. I didn’t even get to drink a cup coffee out of it.☹

Last edited:

Guys, I am so bummed! Last night, I bought an OKW mug at the general store. Today, when we got home, I put in the sink with some other dishes and the lighthouse peeled off!! I didn’t know it was just a decal. I was hand washing like it said on the bottom. I didn’t even get to drink a cup coffee out of it.☹

Very odd. Is this ceramic, like a coffee mug? Or is it more like a refillable mug? If it is ceramic, it sounds like the manufacturer didn't glaze and fire it properly. Even a plastic type mug should have been better made. I would call Disney Merchandising, or even Conch Flats General store (The Disney World operator should be able to forward your call) and let them know you have an issue with the product, they may be able to replace or refund. It would be helpful to have the receipt, with the code numbers handy when you call, if possible. Good Luck...

Very odd. Is this ceramic, like a coffee mug? Or is it more like a refillable mug? If it is ceramic, it sounds like the manufacturer didn't glaze and fire it properly. Even a plastic type mug should have been better made. I would call Disney Merchandising, or even Conch Flats General store (The Disney World operator should be able to forward your call) and let them know you have an issue with the product, they may be able to replace or refund. It would be helpful to have the receipt, with the code numbers handy when you call, if possible. Good Luck...
Yes. It was a ceramic coffee mug. Thanks for your suggestion. We were just discussing who we call about that! We don’t have the receipt though but we did charge it to our room.

Yes. It was a ceramic coffee mug. Thanks for your suggestion. We were just discussing who we call about that! We don’t have the receipt though but we did charge it to our room.
My husband bought the same mug on our last stay at OKW in December. I wash our dishes by hand (not enough usually to use the dishwasher) and it hasn't peel off so far.

Does anyone know if the pool slide is open at resort? Also, is the water taxi to DS running?

Thanks!

Pool slide is open. As of Friday (7/10), the boats were not running. They had buses to DS.
Interesting...you'd think the boats, being open air, would be safer with people wearing masks, than the busses. Maybe not. Or maybe because the College Program is on hold until further notice...so no boat captains.

Interesting...you'd think the boats, being open air, would be safer with people wearing masks, than the busses. Maybe not. Or maybe because the College Program is on hold until further notice...so no boat captains.
Most of the boat captains at OKW in the past have been well past CP ages. More like Grandparent ages.

Most of the boat captains at OKW in the past have been well past CP ages. More like Grandparent ages.
Most, but not all. And they maybe have other duties now that the College Program isn't running, maybe be re-assigned to an indoor task like merchandising.

Bus transportation question...How early are buses running to the parks? We want to ensure we are in the parks at rope drop and will (likely) be roughly equidistant from the HH, Millers, and Peninsular bus stops. Any info is appreciated!

(Sorry if this isn't the right thread)

I’m at OKW now and have to share that we were pixie dusted. I rented points for a studio and when we got the text for our room and entered we were shocked to see they gave us a 1 bedroom villa. Very quiet and beautiful. I’ve rented points over a dozen times and never been upgraded. This is wonderful. I love this resort so much. We finally decided to try Olivias after numerous trips here and never got around to it before... and that southern chicken is to die for... best chicken I’ve had in FL. Only used the bus once as we have a car but decided to take us to DHS and didn’t wait more than 10 min for a bus and we were the only ones on it. Very quick returning back to resort as bus wait was only a few minutes when we left the park. Pools are busy but had a very delicious Moscow mule at bar.

Hello, can anyone confirm if the boat rentals and community hall are available yet? Thank you

I check in on Sunday and can report back! Last I read is no boat rentals, yes community hall.

I'm curious how busy the resort is and feels, especially the main pool and quiet pools. Availability was wide open when searching on DVC a few days ago. I'll just be hanging out at the resort this trip!

I check in on Sunday and can report back! Last I read is no boat rentals, yes community hall.

I'm curious how busy the resort is and feels, especially the main pool and quiet pools. Availability was wide open when searching on DVC a few days ago. I'll just be hanging out at the resort this trip!
Thank you! Have a great trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter