OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Checked into OKW today! Rented a surrey bike for the first time ever; it was a blast! They had removed the awnings from the bikes due to the storms, but thankfully replaced them when we asked, otherwise it would have been even hotter!

Lunch at Olivia’s was delicious as usual. Our GV is fantastic; the space is amazing. Our fridge was broken so they brought us a new fridge. Community Hall is open, no boat rentals, and still no boats to Disney Springs. We biked past Miller’s Road and Turtle Pond quiet pools and both were very chill.

I’ll be spending the next couple days enjoying the resort—let me know if you have any questions!

I heard in someones vlog that it seemed like OKW was only filling rooms near HH and the back of the resort was empty. Can anyone confirm this?

I heard in someones vlog that it seemed like OKW was only filling rooms near HH and the back of the resort was empty. Can anyone confirm this?

I saw a handful of people in the Turtle Pond and Miller’s Road pools yesterday, and three people in the South Point pool today at high noon. The parking lots down TP & SP roads definitely seemed less busy, but I feel like they are often less busy anyhow. There were some construction vehicles down near the villas across from the South Point pool, so maybe some of those villas aren’t in use right now. Generally speaking, there aren’t many people anywhere!

Checked into OKW today! Rented a surrey bike for the first time ever; it was a blast! They had removed the awnings from the bikes due to the storms, but thankfully replaced them when we asked, otherwise it would have been even hotter!

Lunch at Olivia’s was delicious as usual. Our GV is fantastic; the space is amazing. Our fridge was broken so they brought us a new fridge. Community Hall is open, no boat rentals, and still no boats to Disney Springs. We biked past Miller’s Road and Turtle Pond quiet pools and both were very chill.

I’ll be spending the next couple days enjoying the resort—let me know if you have any questions!
They haven't had boat rentals for a few years.

Just double checking this- do the studios have rugs and 1&2 bedrooms have hardwood floors?
Also do all studios have balconies (or patios for first floor)?

Just double checking this- do the studios have rugs and 1&2 bedrooms have hardwood floors?
Also do all studios have balconies (or patios for first floor)?
Sleeping spaces have carpet. Living spaces have hard floors, not necessarily hardwood floors. So the bedrooms in the larger villas will have carpet in the bedroom.

Porches off studios are smaller square spaces with two chairs and a little side table. They take up a lot of the space on the porch. If you book a dedicated two bedroom villa, the second bedroom (similar to the studio, but with some differences) will not have a porch.

We are here! Checked in yesterday morning (1 bedroom in South Point Rd section). So happy to be back! We’re only here for 3 nights - no parks this trip; baby steps!

It’s wonderful here! Not crowded, but enough activity where it almost feels normal. Everyone appears happy to be here - CMs & guests. :love:

Are they still offering refillable mugs?

We are going to Disney with two other couples for our 30th anniversary in November. I currently have a 3 bedroom GV booked at SSR since our main focus is eating and drinking in DTD in the evenings.

However, sometimes I see a GV open for OKW and they look beautiful and the points are almost less than half of SSR.

Is there a path to walk to DTD from OKW since boats arent running? After we have been eating and drinking, which we all enjoy doing both, I think we would prefer to walk than wait for a bus. Also, we have another couple with us that isnt too into Disney so trying to keep transportation to a minimum.

Thank you.

We are going to Disney with two other couples for our 30th anniversary in November. I currently have a 3 bedroom GV booked at SSR since our main focus is eating and drinking in DTD in the evenings.

However, sometimes I see a GV open for OKW and they look beautiful and the points are almost less than half of SSR.

Is there a path to walk to DTD from OKW since boats arent running? After we have been eating and drinking, which we all enjoy doing both, I think we would prefer to walk than wait for a bus. Also, we have another couple with us that isnt too into Disney so trying to keep transportation to a minimum.

Thank you.
I don’t think the path is open at night. If they start running again, the boat is a nice option.

There is no lighting on the path, so it closes at dusk.. You know that one bedroom in the OKW GV only has two double beds, right? It's a smaller bedroom. The other one upstairs has two queens and the bathroom is a bit larger than the smaller bedroom. The master bedroom and bathroom is really nice.

There is no lighting on the path, so it closes at dusk.. You know that one bedroom in the OKW GV only has two double beds, right? It's a smaller bedroom. The other one upstairs has two queens and the bathroom is a bit larger than the smaller bedroom. The master bedroom and bathroom is really nice.
Thank you. I was not aware of this at all and appreciate your letting me know. It now makes it easier for me since I dont have to keep checking if one becomes available lol. Thanks.

We are here! Checked in yesterday morning (1 bedroom in South Point Rd section). So happy to be back! We’re only here for 3 nights - no parks this trip; baby steps!

It’s wonderful here! Not crowded, but enough activity where it almost feels normal. Everyone appears happy to be here - CMs & guests. :love:
Have a great time. We were suppose to be at OKW in a GV from 8/11 - 8/14, but cancelled it. :(

mac_tlc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter