OKW not starting off well

Last October, we had a 3-hour flight delay. We did not arrive AKV until around 1:30 a.m. Since we never received the text, we had to go to the front desk to find out where our room was. I think this was the first time we ever did online check-in. I wasn't impressed. I doubt we will do it this year for our BRV reservation in December.

Thanks for reporting the problems. So many do not and thus they do not get repaired.

The front door was a thing. Engineering thought it would be a few minutes. My DH is an engineer. He knew it was going to be a bigger problem. Two guys ~40 minutes.

Sadly, I wouldn't have noticed except my DD couldn't open the door with her MB. We thought she was doing it wrong. My DH put his hand on the door and the whole thing opened.

Last October, we had a 3-hour flight delay. We did not arrive AKV until around 1:30 a.m. Since we never received the text, we had to go to the front desk to find out where our room was. I think this was the first time we ever did online check-in. I wasn't impressed. I doubt we will do it this year for our BRV reservation in December.

Have always done online check in - received a text once. It's like pass holder email and mailings. Sometimes I get them, sometimes not. Same address.

it was left wide open. It is now 10pm at night in Florida. Lord only knows what creepy crawly's came in. I wouldn't want a room either if the door was wide open for who knows how long. That was careless on Disney's fault for leaving the door open like that.

creepy crawly's....lol......i dont let trivial things like that bother me.

creepy crawly's....lol......i dont let trivial things like that bother me.

I personally get totally freaked out by the lizards down there. If my balcony door had been left open and I thought some of them had made their way inside, I wouldn't be able to sleep! (I'm a baby with wildlife in general....bugs, frogs, lizard. I couldn't survive living somewhere tropical).

I may have inadvertently discovered a cause for some of your check in issues...

I was checking our online check in for an upcoming stay and on the surface everything seemed okay. We've done online check in dozens of stays previous... This time, at a first glance everything said "you're all set!" implying that our previous information was there.

On a whim I hit the little "display more information" button.

The notification telephone number / text number was blank and the status said "not enrolled."

Our arrival time was listed as "after midnight."

We've never manually chosen 'after midnight' as our arrival time. And I know I have entered our cell phone number in the past. So where this new information / missing information came from is anyone's guess.

Morale of the story, check the details I guess.

I had a similar problem at AKL arrived late never got the text with room number. Got to my room and found several pieces of someone else's luggage in my room. I was picking up the phone to call about this and bell services was knock on my door to get it. Then I opened the closet and found clothes still in there. I called down and they moved me to a new room and I did not even have to ask the volunteered to ask if I would like to be moved. Which was great because I was at the furthest point out from the front desk, so much so I thought I had walked to Tampa to get to my room and the room the moved me to was a short walk to the front desk

Last edited:

I was checking our on

Well, based on your e-mail, I arrive Friday, did online check in and now to verify, when I click, it sends me to buy tickets, and not to be missed experiences, so I’ve got issues!
Logged out, and you’re right, arrival after midnight and my phone number gone! Fixed it, went back in and now it’s there. I’ll check it again in the morning. Thanks, I would have never checked it again if not for your response.

Last edited:
Welcome! I am glad it helped...

I never checked before our last two visits and had issues with notification, credit card, and arrival time. I think it was related to not double checking these details and just assuming it was correct.

Here we go again, did online check in, checked and all info was gone, re-input it, 1pm arrival with my phone number. Arrived, no text or email, went to Ak, no text, went to Disney Springs for Wine Bar George dinner to celebrate my son’s
Best friends 22nd birthday, no text or e-mail. Went to BLT Lobby at 11:30pm, had asked for high floor, drum roll, 1st floor room and was told text was sent at 1:10pm, I said look at my phone .. Bull twadle. Well no balcony time for me... right next to bocce court!

Here we go again, did online check in, checked and all info was gone, re-input it, 1pm arrival with my phone number. Arrived, no text or email, went to Ak, no text, went to Disney Springs for Wine Bar George dinner to celebrate my son’s
Best friends 22nd birthday, no text or e-mail. Went to BLT Lobby at 11:30pm, had asked for high floor, drum roll, 1st floor room and was told text was sent at 1:10pm, I said look at my phone .. Bull twadle. Well no balcony time for me... right next to bocce court!

It is ridiculous that you put in your information and it vanishes. Disney needs to up their computer game, no question.

But as far as requests go, I have learned to understand they are truly requests. And it is easier on me to be happy and excited if I get them met than to be upset when they are not met. I have less than a 50% rate of getting my requests, even when I keep them simple such as "close to a bus stop".

It is ridiculous that you put in your information and it vanishes. Disney needs to up their computer game, no question.

But as far as requests go, I have learned to understand they are truly requests. And it is easier on me to be happy and excited if I get them met than to be upset when they are not met. I have less than a 50% rate of getting my requests, even when I keep them simple such as "close to a bus stop".

IT is horrible! Photos were down for days.

Checked in at okw last Sunday. Did online checkin several times because I changed my arrival time. No text. Arrived at 10:00pm because of flight delay. My room was given away. I booked HH category and the CM gave me my room number and I told him it was not HH. He said, did you have a HH reservation? I said yes and he checked quickly and said, oh we oversold HH, so no room for you. No apology, just the attitude, “ you’re lucky to get a room”. Sadly, this happened to us last year. It was only one night, but had it been longer I would’ve been unpacking my angry eyes!

Checked in at okw last Sunday. Did online checkin several times because I changed my arrival time. No text. Arrived at 10:00pm because of flight delay. My room was given away. I booked HH category and the CM gave me my room number and I told him it was not HH. He said, did you have a HH reservation? I said yes and he checked quickly and said, oh we oversold HH, so no room for you. No apology, just the attitude, “ you’re lucky to get a room”. Sadly, this happened to us last year. It was only one night, but had it been longer I would’ve been unpacking my angry eyes!
Wow. I think I’d be contacting member services.

It adds a dimension of stress - I would prefer the later flight to get the extra work day in - but have learned it can mean you don't get the building/ area requests. Yours is particularly annoying because it is a category of rooms and uses more points. Points you didn't have access to if you had another trip on the books.

Not quite the same thing, but I have twice booked a preferred room at the All Star Music to end up in standard. The first time the CM at the desk wasn't even going to tell me I was downgraded, I had to pull out my reservation papers and show him I had booked preferred. Then I had to fight to get the difference in cost back. They offered to move me back to preferred if a room became available, and as I told them no thank (I was on the dining plan and didn't want to give them a chance to mess that up!) they took that as they didn't owe me anything. I sent off a nasty e-mail once I was home, was called back, and got my money back.

So unfortunately you do have to keep a careful eye and know what you book and what they try to give you.

I was checking our online check in for an upcoming stay and on the surface everything seemed okay. We've done online check in dozens of stays previous... This time, at a first glance everything said "you're all set!" implying that our previous information was there.

On a whim I hit the little "display more information" button.

The notification telephone number / text number was blank and the status said "not enrolled."

Our arrival time was listed as "after midnight."

We've never manually chosen 'after midnight' as our arrival time. And I know I have entered our cell phone number in the past. So where this new information / missing information came from is anyone's guess.

I notice this happens a lot. I'll do check in and put arrival time and then months later it's done and says midnight as arrival. Also, can't select any room location requests anymore. What's up with that? But when I fix and then weeks later I'll check again and my details are gone again. Seems like their online check in is faulty.

In 19 years of ownership, when I’ve made a request, a very general request (higher floor, Turtle Pond etc) I’ve always gotten it, lucky I guess, there’s a 1st for everything. What torcs me, I arrived at 1:15 and apparently the room was ready, yet no text, e-mail or smoke signal was sent. This happens 4 out of every 5 stays, so what’s the point of doing online check-in. Going back on 10/01 but it’s Kidani and I always get the text there, but I Nov for OKW, I want see if the app will show me the room number, that would be the true test, if it’s been assigned and just the function of texting is the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!