OKW or BC

klaubaugh

DVC July 2005
We will be going on our first trip "home" December 18-22nd. I had booked a 2bdrm at OKW but just got word today that our waitlist for BC came through. Both places look awesome, any thoughts on if we should use the extra points for Beach Club (32) would be appreciated!

Since you are going around the Holiday I would say BCV. I hear that BC is decorated really nice for Christmas. Any other time I would say OKW for the larger rooms.

I'm probably not the most unbiased person to ask, but I believe Beach Club is well worth the points. The convenience of the five-minute walk to Epcot and a nice boat ride to MGM is totally worth it. Not to mention Storm Along Bay (yep, in December, we swim!), Beaches and Cream, and the offerings of the lively Boardwalk just across the bridge!

I agree, BCV for me at that time of the year. You'll be just a quick walk home from the Candlelight Processional. I guess only you can decide if it's worth the 32 points, but I also think that BCV, and BC are more decorated than the common areas of OKW for the holidays. You can walk around the whole boardwalk to see the other resorts, and don't miss the Swan and Dolphin as well.

Bobbi :flower:

I would definitely go with the Beach Club villas. I just love this location as well as SAB.

I would go for Beach Club as well. There is so much going on at Epcot and MGM during the holiday season. Plus just walking around the whole Boardwalk area and checking out the decorations is fun.

Definately try OKW sometime as it is great as well, but for me it would be more fun in the summer. It just has that laid back summer feel to it.

trampslady said:
I'm probably not the most unbiased person to ask, but I believe Beach Club is well worth the points. The convenience of the five-minute walk to Epcot and a nice boat ride to MGM is totally worth it. Not to mention Storm Along Bay (yep, in December, we swim!), Beaches and Cream, and the offerings of the lively Boardwalk just across the bridge!
What she said.

For me, I'd pick OKW because what with the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and crowds at the parks, I like to come "home" to the peace and quiet of OKW and relax out on the balcony. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I would consider how many people you are planning to have in that 2 BR unit. The BCV offers all those things others have said but OKW offers much more room. I have stayed at both over Christmas and really enjoyed swimming at SAB New Year's Day and being able to walk to EPCOT however found the unit okay for 5 but would have felt crowded with more. Maybe that was because we had a GV at OKW the first 5 days. You will have a wonderful time at either and there is definitely no wrong choice here.

klaubaugh said:
We will be going on our first trip "home" December 18-22nd.

As a BCV lover, the question I'd have to ask is which resort is your home resort. Personally, if it is your first trip, I'd pick your home resort and check out your investment if that's either OKW or BCV. If neither of those are, then definitely BCV especially during the busy season. It is so nice to be able to easily get away from the park crowds and still be in close proximity to the MGM and Epcot parks. You'll appreciate not having to ride busses everywhere too.

For a first trip home, I'd personally go for BCV. The location is unbeatable, and since it's your first time, why not splurge a little?

I've stayed at both, and love them both. If points were no object, I'd choose BCV, however I'm staying at OKW this Jan due to the fact that I've VERY low on points!

Sorry to burst in on this thread but ... Off to Neverland..Where have you been :confused3

Iam DESPERATE to read the rest of your trip report after "the scream" :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Pleasssssssssse put me out of my misery :earsgirl:

Your reports are my all time faves...Apologies if Iam being pushy :teeth:

I love OKW rooms. I think they have a great layout and just feels more roomy to me. However, I LOVE the location of BCV. OKW is definately more laid back and peacful. Not that BCV is not peacful because it is, but I like to do alot on vacation so I like to be in the middle of it all. It depends on how you like to enjoy your vacation. If you like to relax more then go with OKW and if you like to do alot then go with BCV. Both resorts are beautiul so you can't go wrong with either.

Everyone will have a different favorite thing to do. Which resort is your home resort? How many people are going on this trip? If you have 4 or 5, BCV will be fine, but if you have 5-6 or more, take OKW.

TallyM,
What a sweet comment; thanks so much.

My mom is here at my house for a visit and we were just discussing my trip report, and lack thereof. I know I keep saying this, but yes, I will work on it. I had hoped to do it by end of summer, but just didn't get to it. I will, though, I promise. I'm hoping to get back into it int he next few weeks.

Thanks again, it made my day to hear your kind words.

Hi! :sunny: Off to Neverland, Thanks for the reply :earsgirl:

I suppose I'll just have to be patient :goodvibes
Can't wait to read the rest, You have a real talent for writing and such a lovely family....looking forward to hearing how Boo and Sis are getting on :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter