Okw or ssr

Our last night was at OKW. The room felt like a dated holiday inn express, although the beds were very very comfortable. Sand at the pool needed raking to remove debris, desperately. Everything about the room was so dated it was sad. No Disney touches.

I can't figure out how BRV / BWV / BCV were refurbished when they were in much better shape than OKW imo.

Same condo complex feeling as SSR, the "goods to go" QS was meh at best. Ordered a tuna sandwich, they don't even put the tuna ON the sandwich. You get it in a plastic container on the side. I understand why it's not preassembled but I expected it to be on the bread when I order it. Same thing for the shrimp caesar salad ... shrimp is served in a plastic container.

Looking forward to returning post refurb!

Not sure the refurbishment will be done by summer 2019.
I've had the shrimp Cobb salad there and it was great, shrimp were not in a separate container. Why are they doing that?

I've had the shrimp Cobb salad there and it was great, shrimp were not in a separate container. Why are they doing that?

Another example of dumbing-down food services was my only thought, other than wasting plastic which infuriates me.

Hmmmm.......

While these are not my favorite resorts due to location to parks, I have stayed at both and will be happy to stay again.

Granted when I stayed at SSR it was before the preferred section. So it was a nice score when both times I received my request of congress park, water view.

OKW I do really enjoy OKW. Something about the relaxed atmosphere and fully matured plants maybe. I love Olivia’s. Nice to be able to take a boat to DTD(old school)
Large rooms and huge private balcony. Like real privacy saying not good morning to your neighbor in ur PJ,s lol.

SSR.... way better counter service. Love walking to DTD but the preferred rooms make points a lil high.
Great pathway to walk to OKW if you want to go to Olivia’s:-)
Very convenient to have all buses to any resort right at DTD. So resort dining becomes easier.

Ok so I have convinced myself that with all the new changes at Disney springs ;-) I would pick SSR. Lol
Happy planning
Kerri

We've stayed at OKW many times, but this year is our first at SSR so I'm following along. I agree about the food choices, they seem much better at SSR, I'm not a fan of Goods to Go so looking forward to trying all the options during our 8 nights at SSR.

We've stayed at OKW many times, but this year is our first at SSR so I'm following along. I agree about the food choices, they seem much better at SSR, I'm not a fan of Goods to Go so looking forward to trying all the options during our 8 nights at SSR.
You will love having so many dining options at DTD.
In my better days I would walk over to cooks Dublin? And get my DD some awesome fries for a snack.
Nice walk for mama zig and zagging thru the crowd NYC style.
Since you are there perfect time to try turf club!
Kerri

Look at the sleeping setup for each. OKW has two queen beds in their studios. SSR has a bed and a pullout. Not sure if they have a pullout chair, but I don't think OKW does. See what will work better for you.

I like both resorts!
Neither resort has a sleeper chair or murphy bed in the studio at this time. OKW one bedroom has a twin sleeper chair in the living room. SSR does not.

OKW. Larger rooms, wonderful theming décor & beautiful landscaping. Saratoga appeared to be just one huge condo complex. Only positive is it proximity to DS.

Our home resort is OKW but we love to stay at SSR. We did a split stay a few years ago - 2 weeks at SSR and 2 weeks at OKW. While both are nice for the same reasons we prefer SSR. Love to be close to Disney Springs. Love to have a quiet pool and hot tub near along with a bus stop close. Looking forward to staying there for 2 weeks in january. Can't wait.

Just stayed at OKW and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you aren't one that is ok with long walks it's not for you, but I loved the quiet nature and privacy. Finally took the boat over to DS our last night and loved it.

The one "drawback" was bus service took a while. We remedied that a couple of times when we had a schedule to keep by using the Minnie Van service. That was awesome and worth every penny.

I'd stay there again, especially after updating. The room was terribly "worn" and dated. The grounds, however, were immaculate. I actually walked by the construction area several times both when they were still working and as they were cleaning up and leaving. The staff were wonderful.

Didn't get to use the pools as it was far too cold for swimming most of our stay.

I vote for OKW. We did not like SSR .it seemed like a large condo complex.
OKW was great we really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter