OKW photo location help

WebmasterCricket

<font color=blue>Administrator<br><font color=red>
If you go to the DVCmember site, go to the OKW resort page and click on the Virtual Tour and then click on the "lobby" VR thing and hover over the maginifying glass behind the check-in counter, you see this:

lobbygoof.jpg

The picture that pops up shows two CM's behind a counter and a family.

I can't figure out where that picture was taken. Is it even at OKW?

The lobby photo is definitely at OKW.

Actually the photo was taken from just inside Papa's Den, looking into the lobby area. The table at the far left of the photo is the DVC information desk. The inset photo hides most of the check-in counters. The concierge desk is seen at the far back of the photo.

I think however the inset photo is incorrect. It appears to be taken at the Sales Center at SSR. I think that's the reception area that you immediately see when you walk through the front door. The open area off to the right that goes behind the two CM's appears to be the opening that goes back toward the room where they have tables to meet with guides, and the refreshements area where they have lemonade and cookies.

I'm pretty sure that what that photo is.

Yes, it definitely appears to be OKW.

Actually the foreground in the picture is Papa's Den, with the lobby actually at the far end of the photo.

I think the inset photo is incorrect. It appears to be taken at the Sales Center at SSR. I think that's the reception area.

Yeah, it's the insert photo that I am questioning.

The insert photo in the lobby area is from the SSR sales center and not from OKW. The other insert is the Papa's Den area.

The lobby photo was taken from the doorway between the lobby and Papa's Den using a wide angle lens (the lobby is not really as spacious as the photo makes it look).

The pool photos are outdated, since the slide is now in the lower left area of the pool and is not in the photo. Also the Olivia's photo is very outdated as the member photos are no longer in the main dining area. (Some are mounted on the walls in the other dining area though.)

All in all, the tour does give a nice overview of the resort, but there are certainly some inaccuracies. Good catch, Cricket! :)

Only a DVC nut counting down the days till the next trip would look at that thing for the 164th time and just notice it now.

I'm still looking for Waldo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter