OKW remodel... affect on dues

thelionqueen

DIS Veteran
I've seen a few of the remodeled rooms and super happy they’re underway! Definitely about time!

My question is how this update will affect dues. Imo it looks like they are “refreshing” many of the existing items (cabinets for example) while replacing others. How do you think this will affect dues as the project continues? I didn’t see an abnormal jump in 2018 which made me wonder if it’s ecomomical enough not to make a huge impact or, a bigger jump when complete? Possibly balance across the length of contract? Will it affect those that have extended contracts differently? Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

The costs of refurbishments are built into dues in the first place, and the budget for a refurb is based on the money held in reserve for the refurb. There should be no explicit jump in dues because of a refurbishment.

The costs of refurbishments are built into dues in the first place, and the budget for a refurb is based on the money held in reserve for the refurb. There should be no explicit jump in dues because of a refurbishment.
That’s what I was hoping! Thanks!

Sure I could see it happening because the Tax authorities might want to raise the taxes. They seem to find any excuse to raise the taxes for DVC resorts lately. But other increases no. I agree with auroraborealis on that.

Sure I could see it happening because the Tax authorities might want to raise the taxes. They seem to find any excuse to raise the taxes for DVC resorts lately. But other increases no. I agree with auroraborealis on that.
To be fair, a lot of WDW had had artificially low property valuation, and it's low hanging fruit for government.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter