OKW Renovations - Consolidated List

Bmlors

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
I have not been able to find a consolidated recent list of OKW building renovations, so am posting this here which I will update when I see buildings confirmed. Feel free to contact me with corrections or updates.

I also wanted a visual of the renovated buildings, so put a (admittedly poor) hammer icon onto the OKW building map for each building that is complete. I will also keep this updated.

----
Renovations List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z2EM32hBkKhRJPkEoF4bzMeLPRDiGnEwlteJK9JltSU/edit?usp=sharing

Renovations Map:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11yJnwazSNSD8bPUMO5YMuumipAnMqVQU
---

Attachments

• okw_map_renovations.png
    okw_map_renovations.png
    703.1 KB · Views: 209
All buildings 30 - 56 are renovated. They're working on 27, 28 and 29 right now. I'm staying in building 38 at this moment (renovated 1 bedroom).

All buildings 30 - 56 are renovated. They're working on 27, 28 and 29 right now. I'm staying in building 38 at this moment (renovated 1 bedroom).
Thanks for the additional info -- I had not seen anywhere else that those were done! I have updated the original links and attached an updated image to this post.

Attachments

okw_map_renovations.png
    703.9 KB · Views: 88
That’s really useful to see, thanks. Have they said when it should be completed by?

I have updated the original links with info on buildings 27-29 completion (info from the OKW Lovers thread) and in progress work on 23-26. Attached is a new graphic.

Attachments

okw_map_renovations.png
    705.3 KB · Views: 138

With 23-26 in flight now, those are near HH -- I'm hoping those are done by the first week of December when we are there! That's really my driver for keeping track of all this. :)

Has anyone who has been watching this process know how long it’s typically taken to do a building (or set of buildings)?

Has anyone who has been watching this process know how long it’s typically taken to do a building (or set of buildings)?
Not sure, but I have a ressie for HH area late April. I hope that they will be done in that area. Last April we stayed in building 49 and had not been done yet. Hoping to see the updated room.

From what I could find. When they started the renovation around mid October for buildings 30-33 they were finished by mid December so say 2 months for 4 buildings. Now buildings are different sizes and most likely the more they do the faster they get. They have competed 30 buildings in one year. With 19 left to go. They are averaging 4 buildings every 1.6 months. So based on averages I would think they will be done in June/ July time frame.

Last edited:
A9F7A110-A102-4097-B1F7-EE960CC8BD89.jpeg Food and Wine weekend, son stayed in non reno’d room #1822, studio in good condition though, great view!

I hope they are adding a door to the master bath, and would expect a modest increase in time to do so. Has anyone heard/seen if the door has been/will be added?

I am looking at one night in a studio next June, the night before our cruise, since I've never stayed at OKW. Can I request a renovated room? (i know requests aren't guaranteed, etc. etc.) We will not be doing parks; are the HH areas better for pool access in case our room is not ready? Last time we did this we had to wait for our room at VGF but we just camped out by the pool.

I am looking at one night in a studio next June, the night before our cruise, since I've never stayed at OKW. Can I request a renovated room? (i know requests aren't guaranteed, etc. etc.) We will not be doing parks; are the HH areas better for pool access in case our room is not ready? Last time we did this we had to wait for our room at VGF but we just camped out by the pool.

Yes, you can make a room request to any of the buildings that will be renovated by your trip (which should be almost all of them). As you noted, no guarantees. If you want near HH, that's a separate reservation type that you would need to make. But there are other pools at OKW so if being near a pool is your only objective, you wouldn't need to be constrained to just near HH. I'd suggest just reviewing the OKW map and reviews of the various pools to see what looks good to you, then make that request.

HI All, I think I'm reading this as if you have Hospitality House booked for mid December I am going to be out of luck for a refurbished room. I'm not all that concerned about the updated room, but we are traveling with friends and I forgot that the bathroom can only be accessed from the bedroom (who the heck ever thought that was a good idea?) It sucks because now our friends will have to come into our bedroom to access the bathroom. Should I be trying desperately to switch resorts? Unfortunately this is the Mid December when everything thing is totally booked. If I was able to switch out of the "HH" section do I have a much better chance of getting a redesigned room? (Wait are all the refurbs done fixing the bathroom door entrance or just some?) Thanks for any information!

HI All, I think I'm reading this as if you have Hospitality House booked for mid December I am going to be out of luck for a refurbished room.

Pending the completion date of 23-26, you may be able to get those. We will be there the week after thanksgiving, so I will post an update then.

I don’t have any info on the 1 BR layouts, so can’t help with that part of your question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter