OKW room help please

Emmafleur

Mouseketeer
We have booked a One bedroom villa in August (5 adults). Cash buyers through Disney U.K. so I know that requests aren’t guaranteed. Can you help us to put in a fairly general request that would have more chance of being honoured please? We want to be as near to HH and main pool as possible. That’s it really - not worried about traffic noise or which floor we are on. Would like a room that has a separate door to the bathroom from the laundry room if possible but that’s not a deal breaker.
So, when I phone Disney which buildings should I request? Thanks in advance

Hi @Emmafleur .

Ditto booking 1 bed in Aug from Disney UK. I know that to get the doorway through laundry, you want building 30 or higher.

Hi @Emmafleur .

Ditto booking 1 bed in Aug from Disney UK. I know that to get the doorway through laundry, you want building 30 or higher.
Ah, thank you. There don’t seem to be many above 30 near Hospitality house. Do you know if they keep certain buildings exclusively for DVC rentals and others for cash buyers? I don’t want to waste my request on a building that only DVCers use.

apparently there is a preferred category, which is near HH and only bookable on DVC.

Looking through threads it appears to be Buildings 11 to 14 and 23 to 26??

You only get very close to HH if you are a DVC member, I'm afraid.
Have a look at the map here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/okwmap.htm

Personally, we always ask for Building 18 - it's close to the Millers Rd bus stop (which is the last stop before HH on the way out of the resort.)
It's close to a quiet pool and set back from the road so it's not noisy. Great view of the water and golf course too.
The walk to HH is nice too.

You only get very close to HH if you are a DVC member, I'm afraid.
Have a look at the map here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/okwmap.htm

Personally, we always ask for Building 18 - it's close to the Millers Rd bus stop (which is the last stop before HH on the way out of the resort.)
It's close to a quiet pool and set back from the road so it's not noisy. Great view of the water and golf course too.
The walk to HH is nice too.
That looks like a good place. So, if I can’t request an actual building do you think asking for Millers Road would be a good idea?

That looks like a good place. So, if I can’t request an actual building do you think asking for Millers Road would be a good idea?

You can request a specific building - that's what we do to get 18. We avoid #20 as the buses turn round in front of it, but otherwise Millers is our favourite area.

Some people love the Turtle Pond area because it has its own pool and snack area, as well a being an early drop off for buses returning from the park.

I believe buildings 11-14 and 23-26 are the ones classed as 'near Hospitality House."

Thank you. I’m going to email them (Disney UK) and then phone a few weeks ahead of our trip to remind them of the requests. Having chatted with my group, I think we need to have a building over 30 as they want to prioritise a second bathroom door coming off the lounge. I think we’ve narrowed it down to anywhere in buildings 62, 63, 64, ,31, 32 or 33. Hopefully with a wide range we might get somewhere that we are happy with. Thanks for all your help :)

Just be aware 62, 63 and 64 are the only elevator buildings in the whole resort so are extremely popular. We stayed in I think it was 64 once and had massive trouble parking as there is only a tiny bit of parking for those buildings.

I would probably request Turtle Pond if you want the second bathroom door. We have been down there twice and it is a nice area and the walk to HH isn't too bad.

Millers Road is our first choice but we don't care about dual bathroom entrances.

Is there a more direct pathway from building 37,38 to HH or do you need to follow the road?

Just be aware 62, 63 and 64 are the only elevator buildings in the whole resort so are extremely popular. We stayed in I think it was 64 once and had massive trouble parking as there is only a tiny bit of parking for those buildings.

I would probably request Turtle Pond if you want the second bathroom door. We have been down there twice and it is a nice area and the walk to HH isn't too bad.

Millers Road is our first choice but we don't care about dual bathroom entrances.
Thank you. I guessed with the elevator it might be popular in those buildings. I’ve heard lots of nice things about the Turtle Road end - the only thing that puts me off it is that it does seem like a very long way to HH from there. Thank you for the tips though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter