OKW studio vs Saratoga Preferred?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi..

what would you recommend between Old Key West Studio and Saratoga preferred Studio?

i have read that both are large and walking to the buses can be an issue (traveling with my 70yr old mom)...

I am kind of inclined to SAratoga as the “preferred” room type could help on the location, right?

thanks!

The biggest difference is that OKW has 2 real queen beds and SSR has the queen bed and either a sofa bed or the Murphy bed if you get the refurbished room.

Since you are traveling with your mom, and you would probably give her the real bed, it would be nice to have SSR because you get more of a living room feel with the sofa. The preferred at SSR is that you are closer to the main pool or DS, not that you'll be closer to the bus stop, there will be bus stops scattered all around and you may be close to one depending on the building you get.

OKW will have 2 real queen beds, but they do NOT have elevators in all but 3 buildings, so if step are a problem that would be a plus for SSR. SSR during the current refurb is placing a queen drop down bed in place of the sofa bed. They started with the preferred view units. I don't know how far they have completed. Both will require some walking to the bus.

We just completed a stay in Paddock area, but we were very close to the Carousel bus stop. So, be sure you know which bus stop you are nearest!

If you decide to go with OKW, make a request for a ground floor studio. I think every time we requested that, we got it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!