OKW vs AKL - adults only

JasonV

Earning My Ears
Looking to rent points for the first time. Looking to keep budget down for this short trip. Adult only, 4 night trip in May 2020. Will spend most of the day in the parks perhaps coming back to resort mid day for a rest. Opinions?

Old Key West between those two. Disney Springs boat ride, more space.

If you book an OKW studio, you get two real queen beds. If you book AKV, you get one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa.

We own at AKV and love it. Having said that, for an adults only trip I’d be really tempted to book OKW. The boat to Disney Springs is great, as is Olivia’s.

OKW for access to DS. More space and seating area in the living room if you're getting a 1 or 2 bd.

Animal Kingdom if you want to stay and enjoy the resort, but Old Key West if you want head out to enjoy shopping, dining, and entertainment at Disney Springs.

If my wife and I wanted to do a getaway and just relax at a resort (and not leave)....it would be Animal Kingdom. You have animal viewing areas, great restaurants, pools, and various quite spots on property to enjoy. You really don't need to go anywhere for entertainment. The animals are fun to watch.

If we wanted to getaway and are good with leaving the resort (for entertainment)..it would be Old Key West. You can relax and unwind at Old Key West, but there is not much going on unless you go to Disney Springs which has a TON of things happening.

Either way we love both resorts and would be very happy to stay at either.....so it would really just depend on what type of stay you are looking for. They are both outstanding.

Last edited:

Old Key West for us. Very relaxilng area. Yes not much going on but if you want to relax and enjoy the resort its great. Easy to go to Spring by bus or boat.

OKW. My husband and I go every year for two weeks. We love it. The ride to DS, the tennis courts, a small but adequate gym.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter