OKW vs SSR - Where should we book!?!?

TheMacys

The Macy Family
We are taking on Disney with a couple we are friends with and will be getting a 2 bedroom villa, 4 adults, 3 kids and one babysitter.
It's been awhile since I've been to Disney, we've owned for 10 years, but life has kept happening and this is our first trip in 9 years and first time with our Daughter!
Kids are 2, 4 and 5.
I appreciate this community and all of your help!

OKW’s Living room and kitchen is bigger and has a sleeper chair in addition to sleeper sofa. Much better space for larger group.

Agree, OKW will provide more space and that extra sleeper chair will really help. Have a great trip.

Most OKW buildings do not have elevators. If you will have strollers, and steps would be a problem, request first floor.

OKW has the bigger rooms but there are things to be aware of-OKW does not have elevators so if anyone has a scooter an/or stroller it can be an issue. Also OKW does Not have indoor quick service dining which can be an issue in the summer/winter.

Although the rooms are smaller and have some wear we prefer SSR. it’s never an issue with a scooter/stroller. We enjoy the carriage house because everyone can stop over at their own pace and sit inside and eat. Although the grounds are large we enjoy the two pools that have kids activitit’s.

Who gets the kidless master bedroom and who gets stuck with two kids in their bedroom? I'm guessing the baby sitter gets the sleeper sofa and one kid in the living room.

OKW has the best pool for that age range I think, plus lots more living area sq. feet and you will be happy to have it. Have a great time!

My experience with our grandchildren is that SSR has better pool options for 2,4 and 5 year olds.

The refurbished rooms at SSR have the new Murphy style pull down sofa bed like at Riviera along with the smaller Murphy bed under the TV, so you would have better beds at SSR if in a refurbished room.

OKW has bigger rooms.

OKW refurbishment is complete.

SSR refurbishment is still in progress, so you aren't guaranteed to get a refurbished room.

SSR has easy access to restaurants at the resort and Disney Springs.

SSR has elevators in every building. OKW has elevators in 3 buildings, I think.

SSR 1 bedroom all have access to the bathroom from both the hallway and bedroom. I think the oldest buildings at OKW only have access to the bathroom from the bedroom.

SSR has two feature pools, both with access to quick service.

Other difference is mostly theme.

Last edited:
We are owners at OKW and just returned from our first stay at SSR. I much prefer OKW. Outside of the space, I like to have a dedicated laundry room. The front closet hides all our luggage and the larger patio includes a dining table and four chairs. The 1 bedroom at SSR had been renovated and was very nice, I just hate looking at dirty laundry, and really enjoy breakfast outside on the patio. If you are concerned about stairs, request the first floor. If you have a medical issue there are two buildings with elevators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!