Ol' Tiggerdad is NO LONGER officially homeless

tiggerdad

I don't always get distracted but whe...SQUIRREL!
We started debating last year about a change to our current camping plans, namely our home on wheels. The girls were growing bigger and were gradually joining my wife in the reports that the camper was becoming too small for them to stretch out in, or more specific, shower in. When once the girls were short enough to sleep on the bunk beds and not have to feel cramped, now complain of hitting their knees and heads when they roll over in the night. Grumblings of waiting in line to use the bathroom or take a shower as I was heading out the door for the comfort station...

We knew upgrading would come soon, and with my dear friends here on the Dis showing off their nice 5ers, Class As, and, in some cases, garages on wheels, the writing on the wall became more and more obvious.

So, on a test just to see how hard it would be to sell it, I put the ole girl up for sale. Kinda like (you'll get this one Denise and Frank) tossing a fishing line in the lake just to see whats biting.

The little cork bobs a few times and finally settles pointing straight up and the ripples slowly move away.

Then the cork suddenly shoots under the water and in a mad panic you spill your beer and chips trying to grab the pole!

To my amazement a man living 5 hours away immediately responded and about 30 minutes later so did his dad. Sent some more pics that they asked for and before I knew it BOOM! She was gone!

Had to frantically empty out all the gear and kitchen items and blankets, boardgames, chairs, and extra lights.

Gonna miss the thing greatly. Good memories in this one, our starter rig.

First trip ever to Disney
IMG_4063@.jpg

IMG_4221@.jpg

To her first trip to GSP
IMG_4617@.jpg
To past trips to the Fort and other places she roamed
IMG_6074@.jpg

20151009_090949.jpg

IMG_1334@.jpg
This was the site and setup where I had my first Dismeet. A shrimp boil at GSP with @bama_ed and his family. This is what eventually snowballed into the great GSP Dismeets we've enjoyed over the years.
20150522_083336a.jpg

Then later years
IMAG0213a.jpg

IMAG0070@.jpg

That girl got me through nurse practitioner school. It was the one quiet place I could go and study.

So, we say goodbye. Now we have to start the task of searching for our new home on wheels. We think maybe we know what we're going with but we got some time now. We had a camping trip to GSP booked for this weekend but with the surprise sell of the camper we had to move the dates to next year and we'll be staying in a condo instead for the weekend.

Sigh...

Glad for you guys and sad for you guys. Mostly glad. I guess Ed and us are gonna be the only 2 people on the Dis without a monstrous 5th wheel. ;)

Congrats! Looks like she served you well and it's time to serve a new owner. Have fun shopping. Hopefully it goes faster than my search (over 20 dealers before finding "the one".)

Let me know what condo you rented. We are still thinking about picking something up before retirement, especially if the market takes a backslide in the next few years.

j

Someone else may take her out of the driveway for the last time but the memories will stay with you forever.
If I am remembering correctly you and Mrs. Tiggerdad have been investigating a move for a while now. Might be a good time to kick this search into High Gear

Congrats tiggerdad and I understand completely.

When I sold my old Jayco popup highwall with the canvas bunk ends that we had bought new and used the heck out of it for 10 years, I did get a tear in my eye. A lot of memories in that 12 foot box and the kids growing up along the way.

But now you have the excitement of shopping for something new.

Please consider hosting an "Open House" at Gulf next year so we can all "ooh" and "ahhh".

ED

PS - and Denise, I'm right there with ya....

Congrats on the big move! I know the memories of childhood we have in ours (our kids were 3, 6 and 7 when we bought this trailer), and we have a few more years to collect them before the girls age out. I can only imagine the emotions (excited and nostalgic), but what a great chance to get what's right for the next stage of camping. Good luck, and bring us along for the ride as you search!

Darn kids getting so big.
We realized that our popup is going to be way too small for us to all camp in for too much longer with 4 kids, so we have been looking as well.

My goodness reading your post made ME miss your camper, and I only met her once! Take some time to mourn- cherish those memories- then let yourself find a new home to give all that love to .... (yep- same advice we give many of our new puppy families) :love:

Probably took hours to clean off the fridge in the outdoor kitchen. Well good luck with your search, it ain't easy, and you just missed the Hershey RV show.

My goodness reading your post made ME miss your camper, and I only met her once! Take some time to mourn- cherish those memories- then let yourself find a new home to give all that love to .... (yep- same advice we give many of our new puppy families) :love:

Yep, taco soup that night as I remember correctly. She was a host for several Dismeets over the years.

Oh Lord wont you buy me a PREVOST BUS
My Friends all have Huge 5 ers
I must make amends.
Oh lord wont you buy me a PREVOST BUS

Ask for a winning lottery ticket instead. The Prevost cost too much.

Probably took hours to clean off the fridge in the outdoor kitchen. Well good luck with your search, it ain't easy, and you just missed the Hershey RV show.

The magnets on the fridge filled 1 1/2 gallon freezer bags. Told DW that the refrigerator in whatever we get has to be metal so I can put them on it in the kitchen. She started humming the theme song from Sandford and Son...

Wont be long before you're making memories in a new trailer. We started a log many years ago to keep track of when, where, why and how. We still look back and smile.
We'll all be glad to help you spend your money, ah I mean, look for a new ride.:rolleyes1

Mike: We are happy for u and your family and know how you all feel about your loss. we've had five rv's come and go,each one better because of life changes, from our honeymoon to our four children and eight grand children all of whom are disney veterans. The only thing that never changes are life,s memories that we are still making in our latest rig and we are sure that soon you will be continuing your family camping memories for years to come. AND MANY MORE RV'S TO COME !!!!!! Hope to see you in October.

Mike: We are happy for u and your family and know how you all feel about your loss. we've had five rv's come and go,each one better because of life changes, from our honeymoon to our four children and eight grand children all of whom are disney veterans. The only thing that never changes are life,s memories that we are still making in our latest rig and we are sure that soon you will be continuing your family camping memories for years to come. AND MANY MORE RV'S TO COME !!!!!! Hope to see you in October.

Will see you for sure. Be here before we know it.

Oh I remember selling our first trailer! Watching all those memories roll down the road was so sad. Our main reason for selling, though, wasn't our kids getting too big. It was 6'5" DH finally getting fed up with walking hunched over and hitting his head on lights and the AC because of the lack of headroom! We'd seen a TT with 7' headroom at an RV show that was priced right and DH said we were buying it because he'd had enough! We've had that TT for 14 years now and still love it!

We had some time to kill today. Went to look at some TT's. We learned that the Open Range's have PVC roofs. Just thought I'd pass that along. Sounds good especially if stored outside.

We had some time to kill today. Went to look at some TT's. We learned that the Open Range's have PVC roofs. Just thought I'd pass that along. Sounds good especially if stored outside.

Yes, sounds stronger and hopefully less maintenance.

Hate to see the ol girl go, but you'll have the memories and they'll last forever. Just think of the new memories yall with make in a new camper.

Randy on the bright side you could lease him out one of the small efficiency suites in your rig and recoup some of whathe charged you to leave your trailer at his place

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!