Old Hard Rock Cafe to be demolished

McClane713

Earning My Ears
Haven't seen anyone post this yet, so yhought i'd share. This will open up a small piece of land in the kidzone. There's also a rumor from them about a new lagoon show. Here's the rumor from screamscape:
"General Park News - (9/13/11) Screamscape sources tell us that the old original Hard Rock Café building that has sat closed for years will finally be demolished, with work set to begin sometime in October. "

Haven't seen anyone post this yet, so yhought i'd share. This will open up a small piece of land in the kidzone. There's also a rumor from them about a new lagoon show. Here's the rumor from screamscape:
"General Park News - (9/13/11) Screamscape sources tell us that the old original Hard Rock Café building that has sat closed for years will finally be demolished, with work set to begin sometime in October. "
That's a shame...good thing I have lots of pictures of it.

Wow... I didn't even realize it was still back there. (Just looked at google maps to see it).

Is it used for anything at all these days? or has it just been an abandoned building just taking up space?

Wow... I didn't even realize it was still back there. (Just looked at google maps to see it).

Is it used for anything at all these days? or has it just been an abandoned building just taking up space?

Just an abandoned building, taking up space as far I've been able to find out. There was a rumor about tis being turned into a house for HHN a while back!

DSC01675.jpg

I ate there many times back then. My father in law used to be the south regional manager for Hard Rock. I have photos when it was in operation but not digital.

I remember going back there and visiting it once or twice.... and the fact it was shaped like a big guitar. I just sorta assumed that it was demolished along with the psycho house and the bridge/etc when they got rid of the parking lot.

I remember eating there our first trip. I don't remember much about being there, I just can remember walking past the Psycho house and the Fievel play land

Where is the building. I have only been going for a few years and I don't recognize it.

Where is the building. I have only been going for a few years and I don't recognize it.

It's directly behind Woody's Kidzone between the kids area and the Hard Rock Hotel.

The HRH is actually located where the old Hard Rock Cafe parking lot used to be. (There was a bridge that crossed over the exit/bus route into the parking lot that was the guitar's neck)

hardrock.jpg

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/54953031

I have lots of pics of that place. My senior class went to Universal as part of our senior class trip. Of course that's before I moved to Florida. We had a blast there and they used to have the best chicken fingers.

I remember this from years ago. You could exit the park - Universal - at one end (this before IOA), walk to the restaurant to eat, walk back to the park. Good times!

Thanks for posting this. I remember eating there once while visiting the park. Many times since I have tried to figure out where at the park it was(is). It was a "status" thing to go to any of the Hard Rock places and we always bought a shirt to show we were there<G>. Now I'm feeling old.

Thanks for posting this. I remember eating there once while visiting the park. Many times since I have tried to figure out where at the park it was(is). It was a "status" thing to go to any of the Hard Rock places and we always bought a shirt to show we were there<G>. Now I'm feeling old.
I used to do the same thing...buy shirts from every location I'd been to. I had five at one time but they didn't stand the test of time.

I was trying to figure out where the old location was! It's a shame they couldn't find another use for the building. :(.

We also used to buy shirts at all the Hard Rocks. Good memories.

Back in the early days of going there always hit the place

But since this all happened back in 2011, really don't remember the decision making reason UO had

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter