Old Key West 3 bedroom?

Ptaylor81

Earning My Ears
I am wanting to book an old key west 3 bedroom for the first week of June in 2021. I own at CC and RIV. I have a couple of questions.
1. How hard is it to book OKW 3 bedroom at 7 months?
2. How hard is it to book OKW 3 bedroom at 11months?
3. Is there any strategy to turn my existing points at CC and RIV into OKW so I can get in the 11 month window.

1. The GVs Near Hospitality House have a real risk of filling at or a little before 8AM at 11 months out throughout the year. The other GVs at OKW are often open at 7 moths out during low demand season, saving for some dates during spring break, for race weekends and Easter, and often in parts of June. There are only 27 GVs total, and a lot of people try booking them because they are low points, which is probably why you're looking there as well.

2. See 1. If you are booking at 11 months you can usually get one, although not always near HH.

3. Rent your CCV and RIV points then rent OKW points from an owner there. You may end up out some cash doing this, but if you must have an OKW GV it is what it is.

FWIW, if you wait until 7 months and OKW has holes, Saratoga may be an option.

Last edited:
I recently booked a GV at OKW for a week at the end of June, so similar to your timeframe. I saw that availability was getting spotty earlier in the month and started walking the reservation about ten days before my actual checkin day. I realise walking for the seven month mark doesn’t always work, but in my case it did. Had I not walked the reservation, I would not have gotten the week as I could see online that my room became unavailable. I’d suggest a short walk.

During the late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan period, it is very difficult to get OKW GVs at 7 months out. During the rest of the year, it varies, and about 60% of the time they are open (higher if seeking only 2 or at most 3 nights) and the rest of the time not. Unfortunately, first week of June (and first part of June before points increase) has been a time that it has not been open. Moreover 2021 may even be more of an issue because that first part of June is going down significantly in points needed.

Last edited:

A few years ago I booked at OKW GV with my OKW points, but I didn't have enough to book the entire stay. So I waited until seven months out to add the last night and it was available. But the entire week wasn't. This was the first week of June for our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter