Older teens and twentysomethings on DCL?

DisneyHumbug

DIS Veteran
It's impossible to please everyone. We are planning a family trip and the age range is 14-84!!! There are 7 "kids" 2 are 21, 2 are 19, 2 are 17 and one 14. Is the Disney Cruise the right one? is it full of really little kids? Please advise. TIA.

No, it won't be full of "little" kids but they will be around. In fact you'll find kids of all ages! Just as with your group.

The 14 and 17 year olds should be just fine - lots of teen activities. The 19 & 21 year olds will be eligible to participate in the adult activities. Whether it is right for them or not depends on a lot of things - but since there are several of them, presumably they know each other, then they should have a great time.

Deb

My teens that range in age from 14-19 LOVE THE CRUISE!!! This past January we also took our two nieces who were 20 and 21 and they had the best trip of their lives!!!! They went and participated in every adult activity onboard and became very friendly with the cruise staff. They can't wait to go back!!!

On 5/17 my DD19 is bringing along two college friends to enjoy the fun of the Magic!!!

Granted there are not as many in that age group but if they can travel with a friend that age they are sure to have a great time!!!

MJ

:rolleyes:
Hi......
This will be my family's 3rd trip to Disneyworld and our 1st Disney cruise. We have learned that while the children have grown
(1st trip they were 7ys and 10yrs, 2nd trip..15 yrs 18yrs...
the 3rd trip they will be 21yrs and 18yrs) they had just as much fun on our 2nd trip as they did our 1st. So never fear! No matter the age, they should have a blast!

Hi DisneyHumbug!

There are 7 "kids" 2 are 21, 2 are 19, 2 are 17 and one 14.

I'd say there is one "kid," two "teens" and four "young adults." And in Kentucky, the 21-year-olds could be expectant grandparents...

I am 28 and my husband is 31 and we LOVE Disney cruises. Plenty to do. We're going on number three. We were 26 and 29 when we first cruised Disney (honeymoon).

We too were concerned about the overload of small children, but Disney keeps adult entertainment pretty well-restricted to adult-only (adult pool, spa, nightly club entertainment, etc.). We won't cruise any other line!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter