OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

Grendalynn

Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran
WOW!! All I can say is that since DH and I decided that we were going to plan a WDW Vacation.... I AM OBSESSED with DisBoards!!! :disrocks: I can't get enough!! We are on school vacation this week and find myself parked infront of the LapTop checking and rechecking, posting and reposting on The Dis!!!!:scared1: I will go off and do this or that and as I walk by my "User CP" page, I refresh and see whats going on!!! :rotfl: Maybe take a quick peek at one board or another...

Its 1:04 PM and I still haven't showered!! I have to at some point because I need to go to the post office, run to the grocery store and maybe :laundy:.

I just can't get enough and our trip is over a year away!! I am so excited! Whats wrong with me - The Dis is running my life!!! :laughing: :surfweb:

Is there anyone else out there that would like to begin a DA (Dis'ers Anonymous) or Dis-a-non Support Group??:disrocks:

Ok - found something to pull me away for a few - a poopy diaper awaits!! :lmao:

Don't worry...you are NOT alone. I am the same way and we haven't even booked our trip yet....hoping to go in September if I can get tightwad hubby to book the trip! I am on here everyday searching through posts. It is so addicting!

Hi. My name is Susan and I am an addict. :lmao: I don't even have a trip in the works.

Hi my name is Traci and I am also a Dis Board Addict! When do we log on for meetings!:grouphug:

Sadly i'm joking and kinda not at the same time.

LOL - I am addicited too you are NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe I will be on here for the next 15 months as my trip is planned!!!! its awesome I have LEARNED SOOOOO MUCH

LOL, yeah, I'm here several times a day checking to see if there is anything new going on. My trip is 6 months away and I need to stop thinking about it because it's driving me nuts, but yet I'm still here. LOL

I'm addicted, too! I've got to stop reading and get some stuff done around here!

You know you are addicted when you get back from one trip, and less than 7 days later you have the next one booked.

Oh, and another one in the works for a few months later......

Welcome to the crazy club!

I am just as bad! Have you noticed how many posts I have done since I joined last month:rotfl2:. My husband showed this to me and since we are heading out in 38:cool1: days I am just here all the time. He has come in to see what I am doing and looked at my posts and wondered what this or that abbrevialtion is for. I think he is jealous because I am learning the lingo and he hasn't yet;) . He says he had created a Diz monster:lmao:. I have even acquired a pen pal from this :goodvibes and now she and I are on here and e-mailing each other all the time. So no you are not alone!

:) Me too.

I mentioned to DH that I "only have" 600 posts and his jaw dropped. He thinks I'm a "disney freak." :laughing: I later told him that some people have 10,000! He just laughs at me but SO appreciates it when we get there and everything is planned for the family. I've learned so much from this board and there are so many nice people.

I hear ya!! And I think I'm gaining weight from sitting here too much. Since tomorrow starts lent I'm going to make myself walk on my treadmill everyday all this inactivity is bad. But I love the DIS:thumbsup2

I hear ya!! And I think I'm gaining weight from sitting here too much. Since tomorrow starts lent I'm going to make myself walk on my treadmill everyday all this inactivity is bad. But I love the DIS:thumbsup2

Its so bad, I even wondered if I could somehome prop the laptop on the display area thingy so I could walk and Dis at the same time! Is that a crime - walking under the influance (of the Dis)? :confused3 :surfweb: :rotfl2:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: gotta Dis gotta Dis heh heh gotta Dis gotta Dis:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Ok, where do I sign up. :rotfl2: I am so addicted that my DH thinks I need a DIS Intervention. :rotfl: I don't have a trip planned, but am enjoying riding along with others in their planning. Yes, I'm obsessed! :surfweb:

Hey it's nighttime here, and I still haven't showered. :scared1: Guess I ought to go do that. :rotfl2: :rotfl:

On again, for my final check before bed. Wow - before 11PM and I am getting into bed? I have been on here til midnight the last 2 nights... no school this week so I feel like a kid being able to stay up late.

One nightthis weekend DH and I were in bed by 9:30,he snoozed off watching TV and I snuch out to check out what was happening on the boards... til midnight!! Maybe admitting I have a problem is the first step to my recovery - but do I want to recover???? :confused: Staying up is all good except that I drag you know what the next day from my night long binges on The Dis!!!! :confused3 I am going to go back to work next week more tired than before vacation!!?? :scared:

I am an addict I Say! An addict!!!!!

Add me to the junkie list! My trip isn't until November and I'm always on here, checking out the tips and such. DH thinks I'm looney also!

of the DIS! DH thinks I've lost my mind. DS's are sick of me ignoring them while on the computer, as well as not getting their "turn" on the computer since I'm on it all the time. Number of posts is low because I tend to lurk - for hours!! :surfweb: We're not going until December, but I've read all 400 pages of the "unofficial AKL thread" (worth reading if you're staying there, BTW), read about 50 trip reports, bought a Baggallini, am considering Crocs, have a list of materials to buy to make autograph books for the kids, bought the 5-cd set of "Classic Disney" music, bought some pins off ebay so DS's can trade, joined the Disney Movie Club to get the few Disney movies we don't yet own and have our days and ADRs planned (although I'm on my 4th or 5th plan now and it will probably change). :rolleyes1 Oh yeah, I'm addicted to TGM too! There's no hope for me, I'm hooked, and I'm already planning the dates for our next trip!! :lmao:

Grendalynn, I think I have become a disney dis board addict and I don't have time, so where did I find the time?

I started in 2005 and was on all the time doing research because it was our first "big family trip" on site. I thought it was going to be the big one for a lifetime, but was I wrong!!!! I got on this year hoping to plan another trip this fall, but it looks like my husband, some of the older kids and my mother think we should finish the house and garage!?!? I have been going back and forth. Right now I decided to finish the house and garage, but I am secretly trying to somehow squeeze in a trip this fall! I am tired of hearing my son say "Mom why are we going on a vacation when the garage isn't finished? blah, blah, blah....." I just want to go back to Disney! Sooo I am still on the dis boards, because somehow I need to get back to Disney.

BTW I loved your question about how much do you spend at disney? I had been wanting to ask that question. I tried to see if I could add a poll to that thread, but couldn't so I started the new threads, "How much money do you spend at Disney?" There are 8 questions in all. What I wanted was a calculator to put all the data in on your thread! I am a numbers kinda person and I find it interesting what people do. It was interesting to see where people spent money and cut money and gave some ideas of what we could do. But after that big trip in 2005 I have been looking every which way and running the figures and planning dates and etc. After doing the figures for the cheapest trips looks affordable, but I'm not sure I can do it? I think I have come up with this for our next time going back to Disney. We go in September and hope for free food. My husband loves the heat, no lines and food anytime without his wife giving him the look for spending too much! The first time we stayed at WL for 10 nights and had the 10 day hopper and free days.(we used the extra days at my husbands parents winter home in Florida, so we stayed in Florida for 3 weeks!) Like I said, I thought this was the big one, the once in a lifetime disney vacation, but now I am hooked!!! It is so much better than staying off site and cramming so much in each day! So now that we have had that experience I don't know if I can go down to a budget and a base ticket to somehow get there. How low do you go to get to Disney? I need the hopper to eat at Epcot so many times! We loved trying out the differant countries! So, I thought we could go the absolutely cheapest by staying on site, but I don't think I can!!! And I am known to be frugal!!!

Help me I am a Disney addict!! Yesterday I thought I read "Disney vacation" on a sign, but when I looked again it was something close.

BTW how do you add all the smilies?(I have a mac)

BTW I loved your question about how much do you spend at disney? I had been wanting to ask that question. I tried to see if I could add a poll to that thread, but couldn't so I started the new threads, "How much money do you spend at Disney?" There are 8 questions in all. What I wanted was a calculator to put all the data in on your thread! I am a numbers kinda person and I find it interesting what people do. It was interesting to see where people spent money and cut money and gave some ideas of what we could do.

Great poll - I love seeing what others do and spend on their trips! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!