OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

I am here to report that I found my very own WDW spreadsheet/Planning Chart on Pinterest!! I think that is pretty cool! :cool1: All my hard work has paid off and to help others plan amazing & magical Disney vacations is awesome!!pixiedust:

Can someone help me... I forgot how to change my little pins. I need to change the ages and add our newest little one who is 6 weeks old!

I am soooo excited....I get to start planning our long awaited Disney trip!:cheer2: We are going in September. I think we decided to go with the Carolina homeschoolers group and do the educational programs. She just released her dates for September, thought it was going to be October. September is better on my pocketbook! We are all so excited!!!!

Congrats on your newest addition!! He/she must be about 4 months now!?

Also Congrats on your upcoming trip! Even though we went in November (Which was amazing) I am soo looking forward to our next visit to the world!

Can someone help me... I forgot how to change my little pins. I need to change the ages and add our newest little one who is 6 weeks old!

I am soooo excited....I get to start planning our long awaited Disney trip!:cheer2: We are going in September. I think we decided to go with the Carolina homeschoolers group and do the educational programs. She just released her dates for September, thought it was going to be October. September is better on my pocketbook! We are all so excited!!!!

So we have done it again! I booked a November 2015 week log trip at Caribbean Beach! I am really excited because we have never stayed there before... or had the opportunity to! This is because after they refurbished, they rooms accommodate 5 people!!

:teacher: Even though we are 293 days away, I feel my Disney Addiction kicking into overdrive!!! I love love t he planning part... not that I want to wish my life away, but I can start making ADRs in July! That will take forever to get here!!!!:rolleyes1

So we have done it again! I booked a November 2015 week log trip at Caribbean Beach! I am really excited because we have never stayed there before... or had the opportunity to! This is because after they refurbished, they rooms accommodate 5 people!!

:teacher: Even though we are 293 days away, I feel my Disney Addiction kicking into overdrive!!! I love love t he planning part... not that I want to wish my life away, but I can start making ADRs in July! That will take forever to get here!!!!:rolleyes1

Nice to know there are new options! :thumbsup2

So here we are in a not-so-epic snowstorm here in NH. I guess the coastal parts of New England are getting nailed, but the mountains of NH - not so much.

What else to do on a snowy day off from school? But check out The Disboards of course!

Yes, Blessings, I think its nice that Disney has adjusted many of the new and old resorts to fit a family of 5. Uless the kids were/are little or your budget allowed you to stay in a Deluxe, the options for a family of 5 were pretty limited.

We have some time until we can book our ADR's but I am looking to book at some new places next trip! We haven't been to Cali Grill in a few trips, so we plan to do that again. I have also read that Shutters is good - anyone have any input on that?

How have the Magic Bands worked out recently? We went couple years a go when they were brand new and we were some of the "testers". There were a bunch of bugs and glitches, but hope they have all been worked out by now.

I am not sure that I am a fan of their new my Disney+ Experience... i feel that it doenst let the "Pro's work the system", if you will. We are planning to go during a very un-busy time so hopefully the picking of fast passes (especially EPCOT) wont be an issue. What are soem thoughts on this from other Disney Pros? :coffee:

We went in September of 2014, so it wasn't that busy.

A friend just asked me some of the same questions, I am having a hard time remembering. I guess that is what happens when you come back and hit the ground running! :scratchin

The biggest thing I remember was I was soooo glad to have some of the fast passes. Anna and Elsa and the Mine Train ride were real time savers!!!!! Anyone who in Sept. that didn't have those fp were waiting a minimum of an hour in line.

We didn't like that some fp were awesome and great time savers and a few were not because of the way the place dealt with them. Some places did not give hardly any time savings and that was maddening actually. You felt it was a waste of a fp and some of the others were "golden tickets" as one disney person said.

We used a fp for the electrical front row special seating against what I had read by some reviewers. We thought it was worth it and fun! It was nice to walk up and have a nice seat, but we did find that you still had to be there early when they opened to get the best seat in there!

It is a whole new learning curve with how they have structured it now. It is much easier than all the running around with the fp machines! I guess I would say I like it better! ;) It is just a new learning curve. It kinda made me mad when I was planning because I felt at such a loss and didn't have the time to put into the planning.

The biggest thing over all that that our family would change was:
We decided that September was too hot for us and we would like to try November when the Christmas decorations are out.

So here we are in a not-so-epic snowstorm here in NH. I guess the coastal parts of New England are getting nailed, but the mountains of NH - not so much.

Are you implying you live in the mountains and are not getting much?
How much have you gotten?

We live in Southern Maine, but more west toward NH. We live 60 to 75 minutes from North Conway. When I talked to my husband who is plowing for the State of Maine around two this afternnoon he said we had about a foot and a half. It is hard to tell it is so windy! It looks like we should get our 2 feet of snow! The kids are excited and were out this morning for an hour. They wanted to go out towards dark and I said they couldn't that they would get lost in the snow! :rotfl2:

:disrocks:Hi! Long time, no post!! So... I have begun a new phase of my Disney Obsession. Its called RunDisney. Now that my family is getting old(er) and we are entering a new phase of our child raising, I have realized our Disney experiences are changing, too! We are now at new stages: with 2 kids in MS & HS and the 8 year old trying to keep up with big bros, our life consists of college talk, girlfriends, drivers liscences, talks of military, and so on. We are now a No diaper bag or stroller, no naps and car seat-free family. While our vacations have all been different each time we have gone to WDW, we are definitely in a different mode. The kids can now split off and do their thing, while DH and I do ours. We are now Green Line people, they are Orange.

That being said, I am "competing" in my first RunDisney event in November! Our family had originally planned to be at Disney the Sunday of the race weekend, and once I realized how close wee were to that event, I took it as a sign! I waved my magic wand and rearranged our schedule and vacation days. I made some extended reservations planning to get into the race, but never realized how quickly the race would sell out. Or what a process it was to get in! While kicking around teh idea in early February, I was trying to decided is I should do a 1/2 marathon by myself or get DS16 to run with me in a 5k. He said, "Mom. I will run 3 miles with you, but f you want to do 13 you are on your own!" I pondered this info and slept on it for a few days. So I did what any 2016 parents does these days - I kicked it out to facebook. I asked my friends and family their ideas, thought and opinions. I got a couple 1/2s by myself, one crazy friends said "Run Both!!" ((yeah right - I was no where ready physically or mentally)) and a very good friend pointed out the fact that DS16 will be off to college soon and our time together is precious - run the 5k with him! Sold! That was it! The answer I was looking for - The Jungle Jungle 5k with my Baby Boy! Besides, I had a goal to run a Disney 1/2 Marathon in my 40th birthday year (12/2016), so this would be a great into and first experience.

:surfweb:So there I was parked in front of my computer at work on March 17th from 10:30am on... clicking. refreshing. watching & waiting. researching.... finally - it was 12 noon and I get side tracked by a phone call and a stop in my by boss and another visit from my bosses boss. What the heck - cant they see I have important things to do here!?! :confused3 So I get through the registration lines and info added and do this, click here, add that and SOLD OUT! What?? Seriously - its only been 30 minutes! I was heart broken! Then I stressed out, recovered and clicked some more and found the list of charity sites to gain entry to the race. I searched down through the list... and there is was! An educational program to support the learning, teaching and support of match and science curriculum. The Teaching & Learning Collaborative. I have spent my adult life in education and teaching kids in one field or another, the amount of money that DS and I have to raise is reasonable and do-able. And the irony is - I hate math. I stink at it. And my sister is a math Teacher. So, it was a perfect fit - especially coming off of the epic Pi day - 3.14(15).... Needless to say - we each have to raise and donate $628 = Pi + Pi or $314 + $314. We can do this. We still have a little ways to go fundraising.... https://www.crowdrise.com/runforpi/fundraiser/gredelshaw

But.... Now that I have been running and obsessing over my outfit that I am learning is sort of a requirement, I wish I had signed up for the 1/2 as well! I am trying to find a spot... I have emailed every sponsors, our charity, called rundisney, travel agents to no avail. Oh well. Next time. I will stay on track for my original goal for 2016! No matter what - this is going to be a magical time, making memories with my son and family!:cheer2::cool1::grouphug:

Last edited:
So, It has been a long time posting on the thread - almost a year ago! How ironic. Especially since I finished and completed my first ever runDisney race in November!! and I did end up getting in to the Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon through the luck of a friend and cast member! I ran solo and accomplished many personal goals! Even though it ended up being 1/2 of a 1/2 due to some pretty crazy thunderstorms, and the last night run though Orbourne Family Lights!! But needless to say - I am HOOKED! I have signed up for the Glass Slipper Challenge in February and will be making my first ever girls weekend trip - to WDW with 3 of my girl fiends!! It is super exciting but I have a little bit of mommy guilt going on!

Any original posters still on The Dis? I feel like so much has moved to other Social Media Platforms that the Disboards get left behind... I still come here when I want the good info though. I have been on hold with Disney ALL morning - since 8am trying to figure out the new release of discounts and wha will fit our existing rservations we have for November. Since we will be going afain for another raceweekend, there are not many great discounts, especially since the rates went up since I booked our trip in March. And I am still here planning our trip, on summer break, avoiding housework and the list of stuff I have to get done. And yes, Disney music is still playing in the back ground on Pandora.... some things dont change. Except the kids are older, and we will be missing one for the first time on our upcoming trip. DS20 will be at college and cant get away. We will be traveling with another family for the first time... Not sure how that will go, but we are excited for the adventure!

Last edited:
Any original posters still on The Dis? I feel like so much has moved to other Social Media Platforms that the Disboards get left behind... I still come here when I want the good info though. I have been on hold with Disney ALL morning - since 8am trying to figure out the new release of discounts and wha will fit our existing rservations we have for November. Since we will be going afain for another raceweekend, there are not many great discounts, especially since the rates went up since I booked our trip in March. And I am still here planning our trip, on summer break, avoiding housework and the list of stuff I have to get done. And yes, Disney music is still playing in the back ground on Pandora.... some things dont change. Except the kids are older, and we will be missing one for the first time on our upcoing trip. DS20 will be at college and cant get away. We will be traveling with anotherfamily fr the first time... Not sure how that will go, but we are excited for the adventure!
Wow. What an old thread. To comment on your original post: I am also obsessed. Basically the only day I don’t check in on the DIS is when I am busy inside WDW or Disneyland.

Wow. What an old thread. To comment on your original post: I am also obsessed. Basically the only day I don’t check in on the DIS is when I am busy inside WDW or Disneyland.

When the kids were little-er and i had more free time, I would spend so much time researching and (re)searching info for our trips: ages, ride heights, best discounts, free dining, stroller options,... We LOVE LOVE Disney and when the kids were little it was a big deal to us. And its still a big deal to us.... but - Now the kids are older, we know so much about WDW, that its almost old hat, but things keep changing and we keep moving forward, opening new doors and trying new things. As the boys got older, our style of vacationing has changed as has their/our interests. I starting doing a lot of RunDisney events and even dared to go visit the mouse without my family! (gasp!!) and DH and I even went without the kids (gasp again!!) for our 20th anniversary! Now, we will be going again but without one son and with another family. No matter how we go or who we go we, we love WDW and can't get enough! And - afterall, planning is most of the fun!!!

When the kids were little-er and i had more free time, I would spend so much time researching and (re)searching info for our trips: ages, ride heights, best discounts, free dining, stroller options,... We LOVE LOVE Disney and when the kids were little it was a big deal to us. And its still a big deal to us.... but - Now the kids are older, we know so much about WDW, that its almost old hat, but things keep changing and we keep moving forward, opening new doors and trying new things. As the boys got older, our style of vacationing has changed as has their/our interests. I starting doing a lot of RunDisney events and even dared to go visit the mouse without my family! (gasp!!) and DH and I even went without the kids (gasp again!!) for our 20th anniversary! Now, we will be going again but without one son and with another family. No matter how we go or who we go we, we love WDW and can't get enough! And - afterall, planning is most of the fun!!!
We traditionally have gone to WDW every 2-3 years. Things would change and the research was necessary. Last summer we celebrated our 25th Anniversary with a vow renewal in WDW; then DH’s 60th Birthday in Disneyland in April. Now we are planning a trip to WDW next July. It’s crazy for us to return so quickly, but we just can’t get enough...plus I have racked up a lot of air miles that expire in 12/2020.

Hi Grendalynn!

Yes, I am one of the original posters from way back and this is the only thread that I remember posting on that everytime I got on Disboards I would see if anyone had commented! I had fun talking Disney on this thread! I would have to see which page and post I came in on! LOL that would be fun to check!

If I remember correctly you are from NH? I always remembered you because I am from Maine and "some" of our kids were the same age, so we were looking for the same things. I updated my signature to ages kids will be by the end of the year! ha ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!