On-site DW, I-Drive or Lake Buena ?

Tracy72

Earning My Ears
We have booked the Caribbean Resort at Disneyworld for 8 nights but are now starting to wonder if it really is worth the extra money we're paying to stay onsite.

Has anyone experienced both ? Our plan at the moment is 8 nights at the Caribbean and then 4 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal.

Would love to hear other experiences...

Cheers

Tracy

I would stay onsite, but that's me. If you already have it booked then I would just stick with what you have got. It's great being able to use the bus system, return to your resort when you want to and just immerse yourself in Disney.

But that's just me. Travelling all of that way I just love to stay at a Disney resort. Staying at Universal will be fun too :thumbsup2 I would stick with what you have booked :thumbsup2

I stayed off site in 2005 and on-site in May. Both experiences were fantastic and there are pros and cons for both options.

Staying off site doesn't always end up being significantly cheaper because you have to factor in car hire and parking into the equation. I am, of course, assuming that you will be hiring a car.

Whichever option you choose will be great because you will be at WDW. But if you have already made your arrangements, I would stick with it.

Stick with staying onsite. We've stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort too and you will enjoy it. At night you can grab a coffee or drink and sit on the decking in front of the food court and watch (and hear) fireworks at EPCOT.

Also, you will love staying on site at Universal, it is as good as being on site at Disney, but for different reasons.

It depends on if you want to drive. If you are happy driving everywhere it works great.
If you don't have a car don't stay offsite. You waste even more time than you do on the Disney Bus System.
We drive everywhere whether we are staying onsite or not. I love the freedom of it.

You can get larger apartment accommodation offsite at a much cheaper price, but as I say, if you don't want to drive it won't work for you.

Until our last trip we always stayed offsite.
There is a glut of apartment/timeshare accommodation in Kissimmee.
We have stayed in one of these as well as in motel suite accommodation.
The biggest savings are in this category....you get more SPACE and bedding for your money. But if you won't value that then the savings aren't as big (unless you are renting a car anyway like we do)

There are pros and cons with each.
If you want to do a LOT of Disney dining and want to do the dining plan then stay onsite as planned.

We will always stay onsite now because we stay in DVC which is the best value for what you get.

Thanks so much everyone.

We will keep with what we've got. I keep seeing mixed reviews on the Caribbean Resort.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter