on St. Thomas..............

disney queen

DIS Veteran
there is a hard rock cafe. how hard is it to get to the restaurant? as a HRC pin collector, i would like to add one or two to my jacket. thanks for the help!:p

Go to the HR site. It has cafe locator and directions available. It says it is on Charlotta Ave, which I think is a shopping district. I don't remember seeing it when we were there, of course all I remember about St. Thomas is rain, maybe this year will be better. The directions say to go west from the dock on Rt. 30. You could go to Map Quest and get directions to see the distance. There are always cabs at every port if it is not within walking distance. Hope this helps.

We were just there just over a week ago (seems like years ago today)

You will get dropped-off by the Taxi in the area around Emancipation Square.

Quickest way =
Go LEFT towards the bay road (right on the water front), then turn right about 4 to 5 blocks. You will see a Hard Rock Cafe Gift shop in a small plaza complex. It is a legit HR store, the resturant is right above it. Note: This plaza complex is mostly PINK in color!

Note: To anyone -- If you need things like lotions, shampoos, first aid supplies. A 15 min walk from the Pier in St. Thomas will take you to a supermarket and a K-Mart store (you are back in America after all!)

Also-Watch out for Girl Scouts selling cookies! Please support the U.S. Virgin Islands Council, only $3 a box!

Originally posted by SMDent
You will get dropped-off by the Taxi in the area around Emancipation Square.

Are you saying that you tender in to Emancipation Square, or that you dock and have to grab a taxi and get them to take you to this Emancipation Square place?

The Cruise ships usually dock at Havensight. There is a collection of shopping (think "strip-mall") areas right off the dock. About a block inland you can catch a taxi into "town" Charlotte Amalie. About a 10 minute taxi ride, or so, depending on traffic.

It will cost $3.00 per person, and the taxis will normally wait until they are full before going. Most carry from 8 to 12 adults.

Standard place to drop-off cruise ship passengers is by Emancipation Park. Most of the "tourist shopping" is in the first dozen or so streets between Waterfront Highway and Main Street.

The Hard Rock Cafe is at the Waterfront end between Royal Dane and Palm Pasage. The building exterior is Pink (in the courtyard) and the Hard Rock Cafe has white shutters on its exterior with the logo visible.

okay...i just looked at a map. what is the safest way to walk to HRC from the taxi drop point? thanks:p

It's safer than say downtown San Francisco, Market Street.

I recommend once there, hold the map so that the bay (water) is to your left, the old fort is behind you, Emanicapation Park to your right, (and all the rest of the stuff uphill) and the U.S. Post office (yellow and white building, with flags and fenced lot behind) almost in front of you.

Quickest route, straight ahead and go on the sidewalk. Now turn towards the water and walk till you get to the main road.

There is a Taxi stand to your right, that's where you can catch a taxi back to the pier.

Turn right and walk along the water front

Stay close to the buildings, (watching for traffic). You will cross a couple small streets (all two lane). The HRC is upstairs in the Palm Passage. Close to the waterfront. You may have to hunt for the stairs up. The gift shop is usually open on two sides and has the HRC T-shirts on the walls.

You could instead go from Emancipation Park, cross in front of the Post Office and walk down Main Street. It is more crowed and there are barkers out for some of the shops.

Enjoy your visit!

Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter