On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

E.T. Phone Home

We've had a busy few weeks around here, full of both happy and sad times.

I'm 32 weeks pregnant now and feeling lots of exhaustion, baby kicks and back aches.

Two weeks ago, we went for a 3d ultrasound and got to see our cute little Robert's face. 💙

30 week sono.jpg

Also that weekend, my mom threw us a gorgeous Lion King themed baby shower and it was a wonderful day celebrating with family and friends.

baby shower.jpgbaby shower cake.jpg

We've been busy cleaning and organizing everything to prepare for his arrival.

Sadly, we got the news that Mike's mom had passed away. I know I talked about it in my PTR but not sure about here but this wasn't unexpected as she was diagnosed with cancer a few months back and ended up coming home from the hospital on hospice care. Things progressed much quicker than anyone expected originally as the doctors originally gave her 12 months. We are grateful that we were able to visit her last month and that she is out of pain. Mike is naturally devastated, especially because he was so hopeful she'd be able to meet Robert in February.

Unfortunately, we never know what the future holds for us and all we can do is make the most of the memories and time we all have together.

There is no good segue here but I'm more than happy to reminisce about happier times.

-------------------------------

We made it into Hogsmeade and were excited to be using some of our gifted ruby passes to ride Hagrid's again.

The wait time was posted at 120 minutes (which wasn't even considered long for Hagrid's at that point lol) but we were very grateful not to have to wait in it.

I caught a small video of the ride flying by as we walked through the line.

And soon enough, we were inside merged with the regular line and waiting to ride.

Mike was nice enough to let me have the bike seat again which is definitely the more thrilling choice.

And Steve and the single rider he was paired with were both apparently too cool to react at all for the photo.

We got our ride videos too!

The entire experience took us about 30 minutes and it was about 10:45 when we were done and I was ready for butterbeer!

Conveniently, there was a cart very nearby.

YUM.

We decided to take the train over to Universal Studios to ride E.T. and get a few more photo ops in before we stopped to pick up the hard copy prints that came with the photo package we bought.

We spotted Kreacher peeking out the window once we were in Universal Studios!

We got to E.T. at 11:10 and the wait was posted as 15 minutes but it was really a walk-on.

I remembered @missangelalexis posting some crazy long name as one that ET can actually pronounce so I quickly googled it and assigned Mike to give his name as "Wakabayashi".

https://imgur.com/b8t05zA
I was excited to hear ET say Courtney but unfortunately, we didn't hear him say Wakabayashi. :(

https://imgur.com/8cLqsrL
In the ride gift shop, there's two photo ops to take advantage of if you buy their photo package and I was very excited to use them. The boys refused to participate 🤷‍♀️.

The photo store is conveniently located near the exit so we headed that way, with a few stops.

I forced the boys to partake in the Back to the Future photo op.

I soaked up the last signs of HHN for the year.

I was hoping to meet Hello Kitty before leaving so we spent a few minutes looking around the store to see if she came out.

We came out of the store and I was in luck! I told her I'd been looking for her for days and she had the cutest reaction.

Our last stop was actually Mike's request and not mine since I've never seen the Simpsons lol.

We got to the photo store and a nice TM helped us look through our pictures to choose the ones for our hard copy prints. The package included various sizes of pictures including one ridiculously large poster print. I asked if we could swap the poster print for a more "normal" size photo but the TM said he couldn't so we now have a very large poster of the 3 of us in front of Hogwarts that I have no idea what to do with lol.

Once we got our prints, we headed out to the parking garages and said goodbye to Steve as he was headed home and we were going back to Disney!

I'm so sorry for your loss. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

How exciting with how far along you are now and I love that it was a Lion King themed baby shower. Never would think, but I love the concept.

I am way too timid to actually request a ridiculously long name on E.T. I've done some strange names, but nothing that would hold up the line. I don't want to do that to the TM tbh Sad he didn't end up saying it. Love your photos. I want that E.T. closet pic so so bad. Also, your Hello Kitty photos are precious.

The HHN pics are making me so sad. Good thing I'm getting a little taste of dietHHN in about a week. Definitely gonna cry all the happy tears when I get there.

Courtney, I am so sorry to hear about Mike’s mom! Please accept my sincere condolences and may she Rest In Peace!
I love the cool ultrasound pictures nowadays wow how precious. The lion king baby shower looks wonderful.
I love when ET says goodbye “Caroline” haha 😂 so cute.
I really like your ET pictures, very nice!

I'm so sorry for the loss of Mike's mom. My thoughts are with you guys.
You're 32 weeks! Oh wow, not much longer to go. Hope the little man's letting you rest and cutting your poor ribs some slack. I won't lie, I don't miss those last few weeks of pregnancy. They're uncomfortable!

Sounds like it was a fun morning in Universal so far. Bummer E.T. didn't catch the name. I remember reading about that in Alexis's TR, too.
Butterbeer after coaster riding sounds amazing right about now.

I'm 32 weeks pregnant now and feeling lots of exhaustion, baby kicks and back aches.
:hug: Won't be too much longer, now. :)
Two weeks ago, we went for a 3d ultrasound and got to see our cute little Robert's face. 💙
:goodvibes
Also that weekend, my mom threw us a gorgeous Lion King themed baby shower and it was a wonderful day celebrating with family and friends.
That's really nice! Glad that happened (in these crazy covid days.)
Sadly, we got the news that Mike's mom had passed away.
:sad1:
I'm so sorry for your (and Mike's) loss. My condolences to you and your family.
Things progressed much quicker than anyone expected originally as the doctors originally gave her 12 months.
My goodness. I'm sorry to hear that.
We are grateful that we were able to visit her last month and that she is out of pain.
:hug:
Mike is naturally devastated, especially because he was so hopeful she'd be able to meet Robert in February.
That is very, very sad. :( Again, sorry for your loss.
The wait time was posted at 120 minutes (which wasn't even considered long for Hagrid's at that point lol)
Very true.
Mike was nice enough to let me have the bike seat again
He's a keeper. :)
And Steve and the single rider he was paired with were both apparently too cool to react at all for the photo.
:laughing:
The entire experience took us about 30 minutes
:eek: Wow! That's quick!!
I was ready for butterbeer!
One is always ready for butterbeer.
We spotted Kreacher peeking out the window once we were in Universal Studios!
Nice. Love that little touch. :)
I was excited to hear ET say Courtney but unfortunately, we didn't hear him say Wakabayashi. :(
Well, poop!
50287285633_ce0e78ff33_c.jpg
I love this! I've never seen it before.
I forced the boys to partake in the Back to the Future photo op.
Twisted their arms? Kicked their shins?
We came out of the store and I was in luck! I told her I'd been looking for her for days and she had the cutest reaction.
:laughing:
Our last stop was actually Mike's request and not mine since I've never seen the Simpsons lol
You, I think, are the only person on the planet.

Oh wow, so glad you guys got down to visit Mike’s family before his mom passed. I can’t imagine what you both are going through right now with mixed emotions with her passing and the baby on the way.

Speaking of baby how are you already so far along?!? I feel like you just posted about him for the first time yesterday. And how cool that you did the 3D ultrasound!!! They are so cool.

E.T. is such a fun ride, and it’s hilarious that you have a giant poster print from HP Land now. Thanks for the update, it made me smile this morning!

I'm glad you were able to have a lovely baby shower!

I am so sorry to hear about Mike's mom :( My condolences to you all. I'm sure it's comforting that you were able to make it down to see her before she passed. I'm sorry she won't get to meet Robert but she will certainly be watching over him!

Yay for getting on Hagrid's again!

Oh my gosh LOL I'm glad you used Wakabayashi on ET but that stinks that you didn't hear it!

Sounds like it was a great day!

Courtney my condolences to Mike and you. It doesn't matter if it's somewhat expected or not, it's still devastating to lose a parent.

But this is a wonderful thing! Won't lie though these untrasound pics nowadays freak me out a bit lol, I think I prefer the old fashioned black and white ones even though we didn't know what the heck we were looking at! Adorable though :goodvibes
Unfortunately, we never know what the future holds for us and all we can do is make the most of the memories and time we all have together.
This is SO true and something I keep in the forefront of my mind since losing my own father unexpectedly at age 52, 21 years ago.
Mike was nice enough to let me have the bike seat again which is definitely the more thrilling choice.
Ha! The bike is better than the side car and all 3 of my guys agree. But the side car beats no ride at all!
Um I've never heard him say Ariane either and highly doubt I ever will 😭

I'm so sorry about your loss! I unfortunately lost my grandmother earlier this year, before she had a chance to meet my daughter. My heart goes out to you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Thank you 🥰

How exciting with how far along you are now and I love that it was a Lion King themed baby shower. Never would think, but I love the concept.

It turned out perfect! I wanted to do a Lion King nursery too but I didn't like any of the Lion King bedding I found so we decided on a Mickey nursery and a Lion King shower lol

I am way too timid to actually request a ridiculously long name on E.T. I've done some strange names, but nothing that would hold up the line. I don't want to do that to the TM tbh Sad he didn't end up saying it. Love your photos. I want that E.T. closet pic so so bad. Also, your Hello Kitty photos are precious.

The name didn't phase the TM at all lol. I'm guessing it wasn't the first time he heard it.

The HHN pics are making me so sad. Good thing I'm getting a little taste of dietHHN in about a week. Definitely gonna cry all the happy tears when I get there.

They make me sad too! Enjoy your trip! It's definitely not the same as usual but it is nice to get a taste of what we're missing.

Courtney, I am so sorry to hear about Mike’s mom! Please accept my sincere condolences and may she Rest In Peace!

Thank you 🥰

I love the cool ultrasound pictures nowadays wow how precious. The lion king baby shower looks wonderful.

It is amazing how much detail we can see! During the visit, she was even able to show us his lungs practicing breathing, and we saw him yawn and suck his thumb.

I love when ET says goodbye “Caroline” haha 😂 so cute.
I really like your ET pictures, very nice!

I love ET- it makes me feel like a kid again. I hope they never get rid of it!

I'm so sorry for the loss of Mike's mom. My thoughts are with you guys.

Thank you 🥰

You're 32 weeks! Oh wow, not much longer to go. Hope the little man's letting you rest and cutting your poor ribs some slack. I won't lie, I don't miss those last few weeks of pregnancy. They're uncomfortable!

Yes- almost there! I'm very over being pregnant now lol and I can't wait for him to be here.

Butterbeer after coaster riding sounds amazing right about now.

Yes it really does!!

:hug: Won't be too much longer, now. :)

Thank goodness!

That's really nice! Glad that happened (in these crazy covid days.)

It was a beautiful day. My mom did an amazing job, especially given how many restrictions we had to work with! I'm very grateful.

:sad1:
I'm so sorry for your (and Mike's) loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Thank you. 🥰

He's a keeper. :)

::yes::::yes::

One is always ready for butterbeer.

Yess indeed!

I love this! I've never seen it before.

I love it too! I wonder if they'll let me pose with the baby on the bike :confused3

Twisted their arms? Kicked their shins?

:rotfl::rotfl:I think they picked the "choose your battles" approach

You, I think, are the only person on the planet.

Probably!

Oh wow, so glad you guys got down to visit Mike’s family before his mom passed. I can’t imagine what you both are going through right now with mixed emotions with her passing and the baby on the way.

We are very grateful that we got to go visit when we did. We were able to visit when she was still coherent and knew we were there.

Speaking of baby how are you already so far along?!? I feel like you just posted about him for the first time yesterday. And how cool that you did the 3D ultrasound!!! They are so cool.

It's crazy to me because I feel like it went really fast but I also feel like I've been pregnant forever lol. I can't wait for him to be here- and also to have some sushi and a margarita!

Thanks for the update, it made me smile this morning!

Yay I'm glad! Thanks for reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter