On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

Dessert and uh... more dessert!

Hi everyone and my apologies for another trip report that I haven't updated in about a month. :scared:

However, as some of you have seen on social media, I had a pretty big reason for my absence!

0CE3C230-B11D-4DBF-AE8F-889C3BEEB64D.jpeg

OMG so exciting so happy for you! hope you are feeling good! Are you still working??

Sending you so much love and positive vibes! I am a Dec baby and we are fabulous if i do say so myself!

I'm growing a human over here!
What?!?!?!? CONGRATS!!! That's wonderful! :goodvibes
I'm 12 weeks now and the constant nausea seems to be getting better thankfully because I've really missed eating food.
Glad you're feeling better now. :hug:
With that said, let's head back to October and simpler times when I could drink alcohol!
:laughing:
I reluctantly agreed with him to skip it but only under the condition that I was getting ice cream on the way back to the car!
::yes:: Good condition to insist on.
And when you're on the Boardwalk wanting ice cream, there's only one logical place to go.
<sigh>
I have been to the Boardwalk area, of course.
I even know it's the place for ice cream...

But I've never been. I need to fix this.
I got two flavors: Baked/Unbaked (vanilla ice cream with pieces of homemade chocolate chip cookies and brown butter cookie dough) and Ooey Gooey Butter Cake (the creamiest vanilla ice cream made with cream cheese and homemade gobs of St. Louis-style ooey gooey butter cake).
Wow, that sounds amazing!
Mike didn't get anything because he claims alcohol and ice cream don't mix 🤷‍♀️. Not sure where he went wrong in life.
I'm sorry... what?
On our way out, we saw this awesome chocolate Headless Horseman sculpture!
Love that!
I'd have a hard time eating it.

(but I would... eventually.)
As you may (or may not 🤷‍♀️) know, there are very popular cookies sold at the Polite Pig in Disney Springs.
Did not know that.
Gideon's Bakehouse, that makes them is located in Orlando and you can place a preorder for cookies and pick them up.
Oh! Good to know.
it was really a good 30-40 minute drive.
That's not really all that bad.
On our way out, I was seriously tempted by a sign at one of the other businesses advertising grilled cheese happy hour. Have you ever heard of anything so amazing?!
This needs to be a thing... everywhere!
Here are the cookies in all their 1/2 pound each glory!
1/2lb??? :faint:
Let me tell you- these cookies lived up to the hype for me!
They sure looked (and sounded) amazing!
On our drive back, we passed the Holy Land experience and I was trying to explain to Mike that it was a religion based theme park.
Huh. Hadn't heard of it.
He clearly didn't see the giant structures we were passing and was like "Oh yeah I could see someone building that someday" :confused3:confused3 So I had to tell him they did build it already and I was trying to explain to him that we were driving past it.:rotfl::rotfl:
:lmao:
Mike pulled up next to him to tell him his tire was flat and he was driving in all different lanes of traffic and he said "Oh yeah, I thought it wasn't driving right". 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
:sad2:

However, as some of you have seen on social media, I had a pretty big reason for my absence!

0CE3C230-B11D-4DBF-AE8F-889C3BEEB64D.jpeg

Congratulations, again! That's the cutest announcement!

If you've never had Ample Hills, you need to ASAP!

It's been on the list, if we can only get there and not keep having our trips cancelled!

As you may (or may not 🤷‍♀️) know, there are very popular cookies sold at the Polite Pig in Disney Springs

These were also on the list...sigh.

Here are the cookies in all their 1/2 pound each glory!

Holy, moly! Those look amazing! Maybe we'll rent a car just to drive and get cookies!:rotfl:

Congratulations on growing the human! And glad you are getting back to being able to enjoy food some!

And wow...I need that Peanut butter cookie now...

Congratulations!!!!! Thanks for the tips on Gideon’s cookies . I can’t wait to have Ample Hills again!

Thank you! The Gideon's cookies are SO giant but so delicious. I agree- I can't wait to have Ample Hills again either.

Congrats!

Thnak you!

We also went to Gideon's Bakehouse a few trips ago! But because they were so big and I ours seemed almost uncooked on the inside I kind of found them to be too much for me but I wanted to love them.

They did seem almost uncooked on the inside which is I think why I liked them :rotfl: ! I like cookie dough far more than cooked cookies, as unhealthy as that is.

Ahhh that sounds so scary.

It was! I was convinced we were done for.

Wow, congratulations! Growing a human is hard work - it's no wonder you're tired! I hope the nausea subsides soon and you can enjoy food again.

Thank you! 🥰 I was always tired before and I had no idea I could be any more tired lol. Luckily the nausea has gotten much better now!

Both the ice cream and the cookies look DELICIOUS. Also, a Grilled Cheese Happy Hour sounds like one of the best things ever!

Right! I hope they're still doing this grilled cheese happy hour because I definitely wanna go!

I've already said it, but again, congratulations!!! Are you already thinking about what and when the baby's first Disney trip will be? :goodvibes

Thank you! 🥰 🥰 Yess lol. My best friend was supposed to go with her kids this summer and is rescheduling to February so I'm trying to convince Mike it's a good idea to take a 2 month old to Disney :rotfl:

Landon had a scholastic project that actually was all about the making of Ample Hill's ooey gooey butter cake. He got to (and because it's virtual learning, so did me and Evie) watch a video on the process and see behind the scenes at the factory. It really made us want to try some, because it looked sooo delicious!

Wow- that sounds like my kinda school project!

What?! That's insane. I have to have a Dole Whip with rum every Disney trip

Yum!

I've never heard of this before but it sounds amazing! I would totally try a Grilled Cheese Happy Hour

Me too!!

I could not be happier for you both. I cannot fathom how you have made it through the last few months period let alone pregnant! You are a true superhero!!!! That's one lucky musketeer right there.

Aw thank you so much :goodvibes 🥰 :love: I definitely never imagined growing a human during a pandemic but I guess the Universe has some crazy plan lol

These are so cool. You are getting me so excited for our Halloween trip.

I love being there over Halloween and I hope you guys will too!

I just recently heard about these and have no idea how I was so late to the party. Great idea to travel direct to the baker for some.

It seemed a little crazy to drive so far for cookies but I'm glad we did lol

Is this a real thing?????? Religious and theme park certainly seems like an odd combination

Yes! It seems odd to me too but I read a trip report years ago where they went and had a good time so I guess there's a theme park for everyone 🤷‍♀️

I am just jumping into your TR! Loving it so far!

Welcome! Thank you for reading!

I am due in Sept and took an entire month off the Dis (and Im not even writing a TR), I was just sooooo tired and sick all the time! I hope the sickness subsides soon and you can enjoy the second trimester. Unfortunately for me I think that second trimester burst of energy is a myth, but hoping it is your reality! Very exciting things coming up for you!

Congrats to you also! How are you feeling now? I haven't seen any signs of the burst of energy lol but the sickness has gotten much better thankfully!

OMG so exciting so happy for you! hope you are feeling good! Are you still working??

Sending you so much love and positive vibes! I am a Dec baby and we are fabulous if i do say so myself!

Thank you! :love:

I am feeling much better now than I was during the first trimester thankfully! I am still working- trying to take it as easy as possible at work which isn't always an option but luckily I have great coworkers!

My sisters are both born in December- the 10th and 20th and I'm due Dec 13! It's a busy month to be born!

Then again... everyone loves photos of an empty park... :rolleyes1

True!

What?!?!?!? CONGRATS!!! That's wonderful! :goodvibes

Thank you!! 🥰 🥰

Glad you're feeling better now. :hug:

Thank you! Me too- pretzels and applesauce really lost their appeal now lol.

<sigh>
I have been to the Boardwalk area, of course.
I even know it's the place for ice cream...

But I've never been. I need to fix this.

What?! Sacrilege! You do need to fix this!

I'm sorry... what?

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Some people are just wrong

This needs to be a thing... everywhere!

Yes please!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter