On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

Welcome! Thank you for reading!
Congrats to you also! How are you feeling now? I haven't seen any signs of the burst of energy lol but the sickness has gotten much better thankfully!

Thank you! I will be 28 weeks on Thursday and officially in the third trimester! Time has flown! I am still exhausted all the time, but I found out at my last appointment I am anemic, so that explains a lot of it! Taking an iron pill every other day and lots of extra steak (I may like this part of pregnancy)! Unfortunately my DH has gout so we have basically opposite meals every night, but we make it work.

So glad you sickness has subsided! I swear that may have been the worst part! Are you going to find out the gender of the baby? Hopefully your energy picks up soon!

:dance3:Congratulations on the exciting news! I am so happy for both of you! Can't wait to watch that little one grow up at Disney! Stay safe in the ED and enjoy this special time in your life!

However, as some of you have seen on social media, I had a pretty big reason for my absence!

0CE3C230-B11D-4DBF-AE8F-889C3BEEB64D.jpeg

I'm growing a human over here! Some of you probably knew this already but that in itself is exhausting and it takes almost all my energy to get out of bed these days lol. I'm 12 weeks now and the constant nausea seems to be getting better thankfully because I've really missed eating food.

Congratulations!!! 🎊🎈🎉🍾
I am very happy for you and your husband!
Glad to hear you’re feeling better... the pregnancy nausea is the worst! Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy will be smooth and you’ll get your stamina back shortly! It really is exhausting growing a human...

Congrats on the tiny human you are growing!!! I’m excited to see how your future trips with the little turn out.

Also those cookies look so good. Do they ship?? Because damn.

Thank you all for the congratulations and well wishes on our growing mouseketeer!

Since I last posted, we were able to find out the baby's gender due to the fact that I have no patience to wait for anything and scheduled a private 3d ultrasound as soon as I was 12 weeks pregnant and they promised a 95% chance of finding out that early. We also booked it because Mike isn't allowed into my doctor's appointments because of covid and was bummed about not getting to be there for any of the ultrasounds. Obviously we had to pay out of pocket for this but I have to tell you, it was worth every penny!

We had the ultrasound tech tell us right away (patience level 0!) and since I was convinced I was growing a girl, I was shocked to hear:

We bought confetti poppers to announce the news to our families and of course, they didn't pop as they were supposed to lol and we ended up having to just open them up and shake the confetti out. :rotfl:

My coworkers also requested their own reveal and my friend, with only TWO DAYS notice made the best cake for it :love:.

We decided on the name Robert Allan. Mike's dad passed away a few years ago and his name was Robert and my dad is Allan but my brother is Allan III so we didn't want to use Allan as a first name in case he wants to continue the line of Allans if/when he has kids so we agreed on Robert Allan pretty quickly. 💙💙 We were reading an article about the Disney parks yesterday and happened upon the info that Bob Iger's full name is Robert Allen so weirdly enough, it's slightly Disney related too :rotfl::rotfl:

If you're just here for the trip report content, it continues here!
-----------------------------------
Why Did We Get Wet on the Water Ride?

After safely returning to our hotel room with our giant cookies, we recounted our adventures to Steve and all shoveled cookies in our faces until we were nauseous and then decided to head to Universal.

It was around 3:30 when we got there and we were planning to meet up with Mike's sister (Steve's mom) and the rest of the family, but we had some time to kill until they'd get there.

So, we stopped for the requisite Universal globe photos.

I love seeing this archway but I love it even more when it's Halloween Horror Nights season.:love:

The wait times were pretty low so we decided to ride some of our favorite roller coasters.

First up was the thrilling and terrifying Hollywood Rip Ride Rock It!

I love roller coasters (one of our first conversations after we found out I was pregnant was about all the rides I can't go on now :rotfl:) and this one is no exception but it seriously terrifies me every time I ride. That vertical climb up just convinces me that I'm gonna die every time!

But we lived to tell the tale and got the picture to prove it lol.

They take an on-ride video here because everyone chooses their own song to listen to during the ride and they're usually entertaining videos but they're not included with the photo package sadly. You are able to get the photo by going to the counter with your photo package card and asking for it!

We continued around the park and found that the Mummy only had a 10 minute wait time and couldn't pass it up. This is one of my favorite rides in Universal!

I took a picture of this cat in the queue because my coworker has 4 hairless cats and she loves the Mummy!

Look at the little old lady in front of me! I hope I'm still riding roller coasters when I'm her age too!

Once we got off the ride, I had a character meeting mission so I dragged the boys across the park to the "kids area" over by E.T.

On our way there, i saw some HHN props hiding in plain sight.

You see, I'd seen videos of the troll from the movie Trolls (hard to believe, I know) who farts glitter and the 5 year old in me found this hysterical and just had to meet him.

So I'd looked up the meet and greet times and they were due to come out soon and like the good childless millennial I am (for now), I was first in line.

However, my research failed me and I was not aware that he only met on the weekends. :(:(

I was very sad but still went up to take a picture with the non-farting Trolls and sent them to my best friend whose daughter is obsessed with Poppy.

Then somehow, Mike conned/forced Steve into meeting them and I'm still in shock that it happened.

After our meet, the boys really wanted to go on the Simpsons ride. I kinda hate this ride because I've never seen the Simpsons and it makes me very nauseous but being the wonderful person I am, I agreed.

I took this picture in line in an attempt to be artistic.

Universal does things sometimes that poke fun at Disney and while I love Disney, I also enjoy laughter so this made me laugh. :rotfl:

After our (slightly sickening) ride, Mike's sister messaged to say they were parking and we were planning to meet them at Islands of Adventure. We walked over to King's Cross Station, planning to take the Hogwarts Express over.

Sadly the wait time was like 60 minutes so we ended up park hopping the old fashioned way via the park exit and our feet.

We found Mike's sister, brother-in-law and niece outside the park entrance and hung out catching up while his brother-in-law went to guest services for the Universal version of the DAS pass as he has various medical issues that make it difficult for him to wait in traditional lines (difficult for him and those around him - trust me).

Once he had that taken care of, we went into Islands of Adventure and stopped for a group shot. The photographer deviated from the standard poses and told us all to make crazy faces and we ended up with this gem.

Our first stop was the Incredible Hulk, another of my favorite rides at Universal.

However, our ride was delayed by 3 trips to the lockers because Mike's brother in law kept forgetting to put stuff in it and then Mike's sister asked why he didn't just give it to her to hold since she wasn't riding. :rolleyes1

We finally made it to the ride and Mike asked the TM if we could wait for the front row since his brother in law just finished telling us he was too scared to ride in the front. :rotfl:

Mike's niece was desperate to go on Doctor Doom's Fear-Fall since she only recently was brave enough to go on it. Mike secretly hates this ride and when his brother-in-law said he didn't like it and would sit out, Mike took the excuse to do the same lol.

After a stop to refill our cups with ICEEs, everyone was agreeable to go on Spiderman.

We continued walking around the park and as we passed Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, I attempted to recruit anyone willing to ride it with me lol. I love this ride- I find it very entertaining and I don't really mind getting soaked. Mike, on the other hand, is scarred from the time I made him and my sister ride it in December when it wasn't really hot out and we all froze afterwards lol.

Mike's niece was all for it and we managed to con Mike and his brother-in-law into joining us! :jumping3:

His niece was brave enough to bring her phone on the ride and was enjoying taking selfies.

And we did indeed get drenched.

During the ride, Mike and his brother-in-law were making sarcastic comments about why we got so wet on the water ride and his niece thought they were serious and found it hysterical so the bit continued on for a long time.

Thank you! I will be 28 weeks on Thursday and officially in the third trimester! Time has flown!

Woo! You're in the home stretch!

I am still exhausted all the time, but I found out at my last appointment I am anemic, so that explains a lot of it! Taking an iron pill every other day and lots of extra steak (I may like this part of pregnancy)! Unfortunately my DH has gout so we have basically opposite meals every night, but we make it work.

I hear anemia is very common in the third trimester. The opposite meals sound difficult but lots of steak for you sounds nice lol!

So glad you sickness has subsided! I swear that may have been the worst part! Are you going to find out the gender of the baby? Hopefully your energy picks up soon!

Yes! I found out as soon as I could- see my post above lol!

I'm growing a human over here! Some of you probably knew this already but that in itself is exhausting and it takes almost all my energy to get out of bed these days lol. I'm 12 weeks now and the constant nausea seems to be getting better thankfully because I've really missed eating food.
Just catching up now and saw your news!! Oh my gosh, I am so happy for you! Congratulations!! ❤
We decided on the name Robert Allan. Mike's dad passed away a few years ago and his name was Robert and my dad is Allan but my brother is Allan III so we didn't want to use Allan as a first name in case he wants to continue the line of Allans if/when he has kids so we agreed on Robert Allan pretty quickly. 💙💙 We were reading an article about the Disney parks yesterday and happened upon the info that Bob Iger's full name is Robert Allen so weirdly enough, it's slightly Disney related too :rotfl::rotfl:
Love the name! :)

Your gender reveals look like great fun! And my goodness, they don't let the partners go to ANY appointments? I know they're trying to reduce risk, but I completely understand why you paid OOP for the additional ultrasound. My friend is pregnant and she's able to bring one person to her 20-week ultrasound - she's very happy her husband will be there!

I didn't visit any theme parks while pregnant (and in fact visited Universal right before we decided to dive in on starting a family) due to how many rides I wouldn't be able to enjoy. We went to Charlston and Savannah for our annual vacation instead.

I'm right there with you on both The Mummy (what a great ride!) and the Disney jokes in the Simpsons preshow (it is quite hysterical). Dudley Do-Right is a fantastic water ride, but you definitely get SOAKED. I can't imagine riding it when it's cold!

we were able to find out the baby's gender due to the fact that I have no patience to wait for anything
:lmao:
But congrats!!
We bought confetti poppers to announce the news to our families and of course, they didn't pop as they were supposed to lol and we ended up having to just open them up and shake the confetti out. :rotfl:
:laughing:

And in the photo, it looks like it's green, so I'm going to assume you're having a gecko?

;)
We decided on the name Robert Allan. Mike's dad passed away a few years ago and his name was Robert and my dad is Allan
Nice. I like that. :)
Bob Iger's full name is Robert Allen so weirdly enough, it's slightly Disney related too :rotfl::rotfl:
:thumbsup2

all shoveled cookies in our faces until we were nauseous
This is the only way to eat cookies. I give you exhibit A:
cookie monster.gif
First up was the thrilling and terrifying Hollywood Rip Ride Rock It!
Great coaster. But yes... that climb is unnerving!
(one of our first conversations after we found out I was pregnant was about all the rides I can't go on now :rotfl:)
I think a fair trade would be to go to the parks with express passes for just yourself... and FPs at Disney, but you get to use his MB so you go twice.
(After the baby is born, I mean.)
We continued around the park and found that the Mummy only had a 10 minute wait time and couldn't pass it up. This is one of my favorite rides in Universal!
Great ride. :)
Look at the little old lady in front of me! I hope I'm still riding roller coasters when I'm her age too!
::yes::
You see, I'd seen videos of the troll from the movie Trolls (hard to believe, I know) who farts glitter and the 5 year old in me found this hysterical and just had to meet him.
:lmao:
I kinda hate this ride because I've never seen the Simpsons and it makes me very nauseous
I've seen the show... but don't like the ride. I mean... it's a fun ride, but I sure don't like how I feel afterwards.
The photographer deviated from the standard poses and told us all to make crazy faces and we ended up with this gem.
:laughing: Perfect.
Mike's brother in law kept forgetting to put stuff in it and then Mike's sister asked why he didn't just give it to her to hold since she wasn't riding. :rolleyes1
:rolleyes:
Mike asked the TM if we could wait for the front row since his brother in law just finished telling us he was too scared to ride in the front. :rotfl:
:rotfl2: He's evil!! I like him already.
During the ride, Mike and his brother-in-law were making sarcastic comments about why we got so wet on the water ride and his niece thought they were serious and found it hysterical so the bit continued on for a long time.
Because if it was a sand ride, you'd get sandy.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Everyone tells me to expect all these weird cravings but I have to tell you- I don't want to eat much of anything !
Good luck! Whichever way you roll. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter