"On this Day in Disney History" April 2020 Exercise Challenge

@PollyannaMom, thanks for taking May!

@BonnieF , so glad you had a nice birthday!!! Happy 29th again! 🎉

@Elizabeth Smith , I am certain you will make up those 10 minutes very soon! : ) Also, I agree. It was sad that AK was closed on its anniversary. : (

@bwvBound , daily horse chores definitely add up, don't they?! Sometimes I look at my step count and think - wow, this is as much as I would have walked at Hollywood Studios or AK, etc. I don't think I've ever had an EPCOT type step count here, though. That would be just too much to not actually be at EPCOT! : )

Congrats to Elizabeth Smith for reaching Remarkable Red and coming super close to goal! Also congrats to sophy1996 for beating her goal and reaching Glorious Green!
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Also, our TEAM is now at 98% of goal! : )

On this day in Disney history - April 26, 1916:

Actor & voice artist Vic Perrin - one time narrator of Epcot's Spaceship Earth (original narrator of this attraction 1982-1986) and Universe of Energy - is born in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.

No color changes so far today, but as a team, we are 3 minutes away from goal. If I were to round up this time, we would be there because we are at 99.97%. Plus, we still have a few days left in the month! What a great all-around effort!

For you Disneyland fans, on this day in Disney history - April 27, 2001:

Disneyland's Rocket Rods, a ride that was the brash new star of Tomorrowland when the aging fun zone got a $100-million face lift in 1998, closes forever. Although shuttered since September 2000 for a refurbishment that was to last until Spring 2001 ... no work was ever actually seen on the attraction. Despite efforts by designers and mechanics, the Rocket Rods was plagued with problems. Essentially a faster version of the PeopleMover, Rocket Rods took riders through the building housing Star Tours, the Star Trader, and the Starcade, offering views of all three through glass panes in a tunnel.

That was a very short lived attraction. Did any of you get the chance to ride it? If so, what did you think of it?

For you Disneyland fans, on this day in Disney history - April 27, 2001:

Disneyland's Rocket Rods, a ride that was the brash new star of Tomorrowland when the aging fun zone got a $100-million face lift in 1998, closes forever. Although shuttered since September 2000 for a refurbishment that was to last until Spring 2001 ... no work was ever actually seen on the attraction. Despite efforts by designers and mechanics, the Rocket Rods was plagued with problems. Essentially a faster version of the PeopleMover, Rocket Rods took riders through the building housing Star Tours, the Star Trader, and the Starcade, offering views of all three through glass panes in a tunne

That was a very short lived attraction. Did any of you get the chance to ride it? If so, what did you think of it?
LOL, yes, I rode it at least a few times ... between breakdowns. It was pretty lame. Immediately we wanted our People Mover back!! I still want the People Mover back!

Mon, 4/27: 170 minutes
Status through 4/27: 4586 / 3500 minutes

Watch's April Challenge, current status: 37538 / 40100 Active Calories << This is very hopeful! If I close this, it will be the first time I met the challenge for a 4th consecutive month. Phew, the Watch is a tough coach.

The sun came out - finally! So into the garden for 40 minutes, till my legs screamed. (300/700).

Thank for the birthday wishes! It was a lovely day!
@bwvBound, hope you close it!!!!

So, yesterday marked 180 days till our trip in October - I did make dinner reservations. I'm being optimistic! But, in my heart of hearts, 😟

2710/1800

You're killing it this month!

Adding 30 minutes for 4/27 to bring me to 870/850! Yay!

Congratulations!

Status through 4/27: 4586 / 3500 minutes

Watch's April Challenge, current status: 37538 / 40100 Active Calories

You're killing it, too, and you're within striking distance of the watch's goal!

So, yesterday marked 180 days till our trip in October - I did make dinner reservations. I'm being optimistic! But, in my heart of hearts, 😟

Yes, we have a June trip to Disneyland on the books. Reservations there are 60 days out, so I made them, but I'm not at all hopeful. I figured I would rather have them and have to cancel them, than not make them and end up regretting it. And I may end up doing the same thing for August (which will be really sad to miss because it's for Star Wars Celebration).

Well ... we would have been flying to MCO this Friday (5/1) for our Beach Club Villas reservation with Epcot Moonlight Magic ... but no.

We have a week at SSR in Oct, hoping for DHS Moonlight Magic. I'm actually rather hopeful this will hold? I just booked one night at the Grand Cal for an early weekend in November. I found a lovely 3 night stay at the Grand Cal earlier today but my points were all messed up. The computer wanted to borrow from 2021. What? No way! I banked all but ~20 points from 2019. There should be plenty in 2020. So ... I went through the account with a fine tooth comb for each contract. As messy as their account system is, it all looks right ... ? I tried again to grab that lovely 3-night weekend ... but it was gone, gone, gone. So I took the 1 night I could and will hope to build on it later.

Yes, I think Oct will hold! Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!