Once upon a time Fairytale Continues!

disneytraveler

<font color=purple>will the real celeb please step
100_0005.jpg

This is my room at the Crown Plaza.It was a club-room:goodvibes The hotel is a short distance from the main pedestrian shopping avenue the Haupte Strassa.
100_0001.jpg

100_0008.jpg

Here is the Holy Ghost Church at the end of the market square on Haupte Strasse in Heidelburg. I went the church steeple as far as i could go. Other people kept going up. There are many shops and places to eat along the avenue. The Nekker River(sp) is not too far from the avenue also. I went down to the river area in the day and evening. In the evening ,the river looks wonderful!

100_0030.jpg

I kept walking down Haupte Strasse until i found the statue of the Madona at the Corn Market. I was able to get a good picture of her even though it was very sunny.The sun was shinning towards my view.
100_0010.jpg

Way in the background is Heidelburg Castle.:wizard:

Next, i wanted to see the Old Bridge and the Bridge Monkey. There is gate entrance to the bridge. The monkey is off to the side. I had to go down several streets but i found it.
100_0013.jpg

From the gate you can also see the castle. Well on the day i went it was a hazy hot day so i could not see it. There are telesscope things on the bridge that you can use to view the castle.
100_0016.jpg

The monkey is at the entrance and little off to the side. I guess for good luck you look into his mirror. I walked down to the end of the bridge and then sat on a bench near the river. There is nice path along the river with benches. A nice way to relax and enjoy the view.

From here i found one of the entrances to the Philosphers Way. I tried to walk up the path but my foot was still bothering me.

Oh, that monkey is cool! I couldn't imagine what you meant by the Bridge Monkey. Nice!

The picture of the statue looks all gilded. It's hard to take a picture into the sun. You did a great job

Sayhello

Oh, that monkey is cool! I couldn't imagine what you meant by the Bridge Monkey. Nice!

The picture of the statue looks all gilded. It's hard to take a picture into the sun. You did a great job

Sayhello

Thank you:goodvibes

I was in Germany years and years ago. Your pictures are bringing back some wonderful memories. The pictures are great and it looks like you had great weather while you were there.

Great shots--keep them coming! (We are less than 60 days away from this trip, so your reports are very timely for us--any practical tips you can provide are greatly appreciated, too! Oh--we'll be sure to look for the monkey!)

I was in Germany years and years ago. Your pictures are bringing back some wonderful memories. The pictures are great and it looks like you had great weather while you were there.

I am glad the photos are bringing good times back to you. Yes the weather was very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter