Once Upon A Time help needed

Karebear

DIS Veteran
We will be going to WDW in a couple of weeks. I have never seen Once Upon A time or any of the previous shows because my kids have always been "done" by that point and wanted to leave. We have reservations for Be Our Guest and will be done eating at about 9 pm. Fireworks are at 9:00 and Once Upon A Time is at 9:45. We won't be able to make it to the fireworks but am wondering about Once Upon A Time...do people leave after the fireworks or stay put for the 9:45 show? Just wondering how hard it will be to get a spot and what our best strategy would be. Any advice would be great--thanks!

We will be going to WDW in a couple of weeks. I have never seen Once Upon A time or any of the previous shows because my kids have always been "done" by that point and wanted to leave. We have reservations for Be Our Guest and will be done eating at about 9 pm. Fireworks are at 9:00 and Once Upon A Time is at 9:45. We won't be able to make it to the fireworks but am wondering about Once Upon A Time...

1. do people leave after the fireworks
2. or stay put for the 9:45 show?
3. Just wondering how hard it will be to get a spot and
4. what our best strategy would be.

1. Some do.
2. Far more do this.
3. It will be quite crowded.
4. Go to the Hub as early as you can (as soon as HEA fireworks are concluded, would be best)
and watch for a space to open up as the few guests who are exiting make their move.
Then, make YOUR move... very quickly.

Half leave, half stay, some come before and get spots. The hub doesn't empty out, but it wont be too difficult to get a spot.

If you can I highly recommend trying to be done eating even at 8:45 and catching Happily Ever After.

If you can I highly recommend trying to be done eating even at 8:45 and catching Happily Ever After.

Yup.
In fact, if we are giving out that kind of advice, I would, for sure, dump the ADR entirely.

You can eat anytime.
But, the MK shows are very, very special.

Thanks so much for the advice! DD is definitely wanting BoG as she wants to meet the Beast but I have been trying to find an earlier dinner time so that we can do just what you suggested!

OUAT crowds tend to look busy but I have never seen the area packed (even on it's debut night)

last night I walked up to the front half of the hub 10 minutes before it started and found a perfect seat for viewing (and stayed seated the whole time). The area around me was definitely not packed, and there was a good amount of space between me and any family near me.

Last week I walked out of Stabucks 5 minutes after the show started and stood completely unobstructed on Main Street to watch

This is pretty on par for any time I've watched it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!